FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Pixar thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> The Bantha Coffee Shop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Firespray
Hyperactive

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really need to make it my goal to see Ratatoullie before I see WALL-E Mad

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How can no one mention a Bug's Life! That is easily my favorite Pixar movie of all time. I have seen most of the Pixar movies (Not Cars, and probably not Wall*E) and my second favorite is Toy Story, then Finding Nemo.
ZombieSolo
... eats you all. [zMOD]

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flynn wrote:
WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?!?!How could you all like Cars?!?
Well, it's obvious they all have better taste in movies then you dude. Sorry. Wink
ZombieFlynn
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, that's probably true, considering I liked Episode 1 and Indy 4.
ZombieSolo
... eats you all. [zMOD]

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't feel bad man, I like 'em both too. Thing is I willingly admit to my bad taste in movies so I'm not much of an ally here.
Zombie Vaultous
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well with Wall-E coming out tomorrow I decided to ressurect this thread and make it a spoiler thread for Wall-E. I truly think Pixar has yet another winner with this film. I can't wait to see it. Smile
ZombieSolo
... eats you all. [zMOD]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SPOILARS!
Quote:
WALL•E is going to be awesome, and may possibly make me cry like a little girl.
General Veers

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today's Wall-E's release!
Too bad I'm probably not going for a little while...
Raptor Fun Fact #73- The raptor's natural enemy is the gas-powered internal combustion off-road vehicle, which is made of evil.

So long everyone, my flight's leaving soon.
Captain Fordo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw Wall*E today, I have to say it was probably Pixar's best movie to date IMO.

SPOILERS:The movie basically has Wall*E, a really lonely robot who's job is to clean up the COMPLETELY trashed planet. Then a ship from the now-Space-colonized Humans, brings another robot named Eve to earth to see if there if earth is capable of growing life. Eve and Wall*E become aquainted and they begin to fall in love (SOOOOO CUTE), when Eve finds a plant on earth, she sents a beacon to the ship to come back and pick her up. She is taken by the ship and, of course, Wall*E tags along. When she is sent to the captain of the Mother-ship (Axion: where all the humans are on) the captain reads a manual that says they can go back to earth. However, the security robots and the ships co-pilot have other plans. Basically the co-pilot "takes command" allong with letting nothing, not even cute little Wall*E, get in his way. It has a happy ending though, since it is still a disney film.

It was everything it was cracked up to be and will probably win an academy award for something. It might come close to winning best
Animated Movie (it's only competition being Kung Fu Panda). It was funny, action packed, sad, cute, funny, well voiced, funny, good story, funny....oh yeah and did I mention Funny?

I think the movie had alot of hidden meanings about "Save the Earth" and I think it was poking at the Obesity and sedentary lifestyle of America

SPOILER:All the humans in the movie look like they weigh 400+ pounds, they have to sit in hover-chairs 24/7 because they've practically lost the ability to walk.

Previously Known as Commander Bacara...but I forgot my password :\.
Zombsta' Bo
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really want to see Wall-E. Would anyone consider it the best movie of the year so far?

Anywho, this Kung-Fu Panda crap has to stop. I mean, it got some lukewarm "B+" ratings, and has familiar voices in it, but where is the art, style, sophistication? I think I'll pass on that one. (Plus, it will not win the A.Award. I think the only Pixar movie NOT to win recently was Cars, which I think lost to...hmm..Monster House, or vise versa..? )

When it comes to Pixar, it's hard to choose the best one out of all the films. As I read this thred, I was thinking about what was my favorite, and I just couldn't decide. I'd probably say 1) Toy Story and Finding Nemo; 2) Ratatouille and Bug's Life; 3)The Incedibles and Monster's Inc.; 4) Toy Story 2 and Cars. Problem is, every time I re-watch one of the films, I like it the best. Wink
ZombieFlynn
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^I think Cars lost to Happy Feet, but I'm not sure...
ZombieSolo
... eats you all. [zMOD]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I just got back from watching it, and it was everything I had hyped it up to be in my mind and more. Well done top to bottom, front to back, side to side, start to finish, so on and so forth. Frikin adorable, some surprisingly dark moments, awesome sound and visuals, only thing that stuck out to me were a few rather direct social commentaries - not that I disagreed with them, but they could have been more subtle. And the in jokes were hilarious... too many to list and I'm sure I only caught half of them.

Rocko: this might not actually disappoint you as much as I thought!

Edit: celebratory picture!
TheBohrok

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw it last night (at a drive-in theater) and loved it. What's amazing is that the lack of dialogue in the first half is hardly even noticeable. Great visual story-telling through just the animation of WALL-E and EVE alone. I laughed at the 2001 references, the antics of the wacky bots, and was touched by ending. Definitely another home run for Pixar.
Hyperactive

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheBohrok wrote:
Saw it last night (at a drive-in theater)

Whoa! Those still exist?! Shocked
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don, I wholeheartedly agree with you. Wall-e is the best Pixar movie ever, if not the best movie ever. I loved every part of it. They even had little in-jokes scattered throughout. My favorite was whenever Wall-e recharges, he makes the bootup sound for a Mac. Laughing Adorable, hilarious, visually stunning, epic, moving, and an absolute must-see for anyone. I want to work for Pixar now, but I'm afraid they can't top themselves after this. This is everything I love about motion pictures combined into one ultimate entity. I can't say enough good about this movie.
ki-adi-windu

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I saw it. And I caught alot of the in-jokes. I didn't however catch any of the Toy Story or other Pixar references that I read about prior to this. It's a great story, and all of the robots rule. I loved them and there idea and their design. And the end was touching, my mom was teary-eyed.
ki-adi-windu

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way I loved the short in the beginning. Does anyone know where I can see or get the short about Goofy and installing your HDTV? That was hilarious because it was true.
Firespray
Hyperactive

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally saw WALL-E today, I think this one is on par with Toy Story for me as my favorite Very Happy The Mac startup sound he has when he charges was hilarious Laughing I can definitely see why some people say that little kids might not understand the movie, it's kind of creepy because that could happen to humans if we're not careful Shocked I didn't catch any of the other Pixar movie references, I did catch that they put the Sputnik satellite in, anyone else see that? Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firespray wrote:
Finally saw WALL-E today, I think this one is on par with Toy Story for me as my favorite Very Happy The Mac startup sound he has when he charges was hilarious Laughing I can definitely see why some people say that little kids might not understand the movie, it's kind of creepy because that could happen to humans if we're not careful Shocked I didn't catch any of the other Pixar movie references, I did catch that they put the Sputnik satellite in, anyone else see that? Laughing

Yah, I caught the Sputnik, and I chuckled, but no one else in the packed place seemed to notice. Confused
Zombie Vaultous
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I managed to see Wall-E yesturday and I thuroughly enjoyed it. Probably the best new Sci-fi film to come out in years. I loved all the robot characters, especially Wall-E himself. The funniest moment I thought was the 2001 reference. Laughing Pixar again is proving themselves to be some of the best in the movie-making buisness
Zombie Typo
Undead!

Location: Trapped inside a quadrilateral receptacle that is in front of you.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just saw Wall*E today. As others have said, it's a great movie! Very Happy I liked the part where he was showing EVE all of the stuff in his "house", and when M-O kept trying to clean up all of the "foreign material" Wall*E kept leaving behind. Laughing I think M-O was my favorite of all the robots.
Ki-Adi-Windu wrote:
I didn't however catch any of the Toy Story or other Pixar references that I read about prior to this.
To be honest, neither did I. But please tell me you at least caught the Pizza Planet Toyota! Razz You know, when I found out Wall*E made garbage cubes, I really was expecting to see the garbage cube with the light fixture eye in it from Monsters Inc, but I never spotted it! Confused

Proud member of the AFEC
ZombieFlynn
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I just saw WALL*E today, and it was fantastic. I loved everything about it, the many 2001 references, the cockroach, M-O, I loved everything. This is quite easily my favorite Pixar film yet. I would suggest seeing this over KOTCS or evem Iron Man.

!!!!SPOILERS!!!!

BEWARE! BEWARE! ALERT! ALERT! SPOILERS!

For those who didn't catch any of the 2001 references, I have listed all that I found....for some reason....

When EVE's ship first lands, it breifly resembles TMA-1. (Tycho Monolith)

The Blue Danube can breifly be heard aboard the Axiom.

The Autopilot has a great red eye resembling HAL. Also, when he takes over the ship, which is a reference in itself, I believe I heard him say "I can't let you do that".

When the Captain starts walking, Also Sprach Zarathustra starts playing.

I'm not 100% sure on all of these, and I'm not sure if I caught them all. If you caught any that I didn't, please post them here. Very Happy
ZombieGIR
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just saw Ratatouille this evening. It was very well done. Not my favorite movie, but definitely worth a watch.
Star_wars_rules

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also one thing I noticed was that Wall-e looks very much like a shorter version of Johnny 5 from short circuit.

The force is strong with this one......
ZombieSolo
... eats you all. [zMOD]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that a joke? I mean, people have been pointing that out since the first images of Walle hit. Confused
Firespray
Hyperactive

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Number Five is alive?
... eats you all. [zMOD]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#5 is getting a remake in fact... but that's more suited to the general movie thread, not Pixar.
EmperorZombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found the Pixar movie item cameo!!!

SPOILER:

While it shows one of the sweeping shots of the trashed planet, if you keep an eye out, there are a few frames of the Pizza Planet delivery truck Surprised

I noticd no one else mentioned the gags, so there it is Very Happy

Well to say the least the movie was good, not the best plot-wise, but very good in ters of creativity, I especially liked the WALL*A's, it took me a sec to recognize them Laughing
ZombieSolo
... eats you all. [zMOD]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What was wrong with the plot?
EmperorZombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just didnt like it as much as, say, the Cars plot, it wasnt bad by any means, just not my favorite Smile
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> The Bantha Coffee Shop All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7
Jump to: