FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ended: The A-Wing Vs. Tie Interceptor concept contests.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Contests and Community Builds!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
donrayiv

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I might enter a minifig A-Wing in Wink , but I don't have the pieces for any TIE-Interceptor Embarassed
Qzak

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Darkkazmo, this contest was just what I needed to get the creative juices flowing again.

My entry is a minifig scale Alt TIE Intercepter, nicknamed the "Sith Lightning" Intercepter, due to the shape of it's wing panels and it's designer....Darth Vader. Here's the background story: A single prototype was manufactured by Sienar Fleet Systems, based upon modifications requested by Lord Vader prior to his demise at Endor.

Vader gave this TIE a more "traditional" cockpit, instead of the normal ball-shaped one, which required the modification to the upper wing panel to be reversed. This mod allowed for a greater field of vision for the pilot. Addtional guns were mounted to the front, bringing the total to 8 (4 each wing), as well as 4 (2 each wing) rear facing guns to discourage tail-gaters.

Engine modifications resulted in 3 engines, 2 outer engines (1 on each wing) and the main engine to the rear of the cockpit. Faster that ever, this Intercepter could chase down an A-Wing.

Nicknamed the "Sith Lightning" TIE by it's builders, this was to replace Lord Vaders TIE Advanced. Unfortunately, the proto-type and it's test pilot disappeared in all the disarray and commotion in the Empire following the deaths of Vader and the Emperor at the Battle of Endor.

Gallery (when it becomes public):

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=137575

A few deeplinks:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Qzak/SW-MOCs/TIE-Intercepter/alt_tie_intercepter_-_front2.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Qzak/SW-MOCs/TIE-Intercepter/alt_tie_intercepter_-_above_angle_front.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Qzak/SW-MOCs/TIE-Intercepter/alt_tie_intercepter_-_side.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Qzak/SW-MOCs/TIE-Intercepter/alt_tie_intercepter_-_rear.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Qzak/SW-MOCs/TIE-Intercepter/alt_tie_intercepter_-_forward_guns.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Qzak/SW-MOCs/TIE-Intercepter/alt_tie_intercepter_-_outer_engines_and_rear_guns.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Qzak/SW-MOCs/TIE-Intercepter/alt_tie_intercepter_-_main_engine.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Qzak/SW-MOCs/TIE-Intercepter/alt_tie_intercepter_-_cockpit_controls.jpg
donrayiv

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When is the voting and when will it end?
gold_2

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

unfortunately, my time didn't allow me to even begin this baby. I'm sure I'll get around to it someday.
Darkkazmo
Lord of the Bricks

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try to finish it up asap if you can, if you need a couple of days, I'll allow it.

My Brickshelf Gallery
donrayiv

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If that's the case then when's the next deadline and the day when the winners are declared?
Darkkazmo
Lord of the Bricks

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now, the contest is unofficially closed, meaning, if you have something already in the rap, we'll let it in. I'll officially close it on Sat 23rd night Pacific time.

The judging process might take a bit of time (... probably around ten days or so), since I have to contact every judge (If they are available?) and see what system we'll adapt this time around...

Good Luck every one, and thanks on your efforts.

Cheers of hell.

My Brickshelf Gallery
SpaceManMort

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly what time Saturday night will the contest end?
(It is 10:04, and Im desperately uploading pictures)
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This post and any attachments are for the sole use of the intended recipient and may contain confidential or privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use or disclosure is prohibited and may be a violation of law.
SpaceManMort

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Im kind of cutting it close with this one.
I was to busy this past week to do the uploading so the new deadline is a good thing to see.
My entry can be found here
http://www.fbtbforums.net/viewtopic.php?p=52631#52631
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This post and any attachments are for the sole use of the intended recipient and may contain confidential or privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use or disclosure is prohibited and may be a violation of law.
Ayden

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WAIT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll get mine in the next few day's! just plz be patiant and let me finish up theses small detail's!!!!!!!!!! oh and i may to an intercepter too. Very Happy
MadcapMagician

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW!!! The entries so far have really been amazing. I congratulate each of the builder on their entries for this contest. No matter who wins I know one thing for certain, I really don't envy the judges and how they are gonna have to figure who the winner(s) will be. Too close to figure IMHO. Good luck to all.
Darkkazmo
Lord of the Bricks

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The results are in, and I'll post them as soon as I can, hopefully tonight. So, stay tuned.

My Brickshelf Gallery
Darkkazmo
Lord of the Bricks

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:51 pm    Post subject: The Winners... Reply with quote

First let's go to the winners:

*The Minifig A-Wing:

1- ApophisV... Although it was a tough one here, I think Apo deserves to be the winner. He is one of the most progressed builders around, and I think he pulled a great one here. Look at all these details, certainly he worked hard on this baby. Congratulations Danniel.

2- Fox-Primus... Yes, he came in second, but I think he did an outstanding little design, plus his color scheme is very clever. Simply, a flawless design.

2- SpaceManMort, did a beautiful job on his fighter, flawless in every way, yet a perfect size to be called the A-Wing. To be honest with you, I thought he was going to win this category, but the average of the scores ruled him third! I told you it was a tough call for every one. Great job SMM, I salute you for a wonderful job.

*The minifig Tie Interceptor:

1- Schism has pulled a tough one to beat. The most original evil looking Interceptor I've seen. Makes any Sith lord very proud. Congratulation and kudos to Schism , he is one of the most evolved builders on these boards, no doubt about it.

2- Fmoo, came in second. Nice construction work all around, but the design is a bit too large, and the color scheme had some flaws. Still, I think it was a nice entry.

3- SpaceManMort. Third again? :D, don't look at me here! I wasn't the only judge after all... I think he was too faithful to the original design, but still a very nice balanced construction work.

*The MINI A-Wing:

Bodman2 is the winner of this category. I don't know, was the very V-Wing look alike design his trick? Whatever it was, he nailed it.

*The MINI Tie Interceptor:

Fmoo has won this category easily. Very nice selection of parts. Nice work for sure.

*The Minifig Combo:
SpaceManMort, Nailed it this time. Bravo!

*The MINI Combo:
Fmoo, gets the last laugh here. Congrats once again Dennis.

The prizes:
- The minifig A-Wing winner will get a $15 MSRP set of his choice.
- The minifig Tie Interceptor winner will get a $15 MSRT set of his choice.
- The MINI A-Wing winner will get a $7 MSRP set of his choice.
- The MINI Tie winner will get a $7 MSRP set of his choice.
- The minifg combo will win $20 MSRP set of his choice.
- The MINI combo will win $10 MSRP set of his choice.

The sets must be available from your LEGO S@H. Please contact me via PM, and provide me with your addresses.
For the European winners, Reto (thank you so much man) might be your prize provider, still PM me for the details.

I would like to thank the Judging team (Reto, Brian, Don) on their efforts on making this contest a fun one. Also, I would like to thank every participant, it means a lot when I see people join these group projects to share their talents thus making this on going hobby rolling for every one.
But I have to be honest here, I can't afford making more contests where I don't see much response, and these boards don't quite cut it for me/us to spend more money... So, this was my final concept contest for you guys, sorry, but until I see more hard working builders, I don't think I will host more of these contests around FBTB. But hopefully I'll keep pushing more group projects on you for the sake of creativity.
Thank you every one, and see you around.

My Brickshelf Gallery
fmoo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I am honored to be one of the winners. Thanks so much to Darkkazmo and the other judges for running these contests, for they really kickstarted me into building things after my long dark age. I've learned a lot from working on these entries, and I hope to improve my design and building skills in the future.

Thanks!

Dennis

thievery.org/dennisc | flickr
donrayiv

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey do you know when the next contest is and what it will be? I suggest a CAD or Lego Digital Designer contest.
Darkkazmo
Lord of the Bricks

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, no more contests from me... Not until I see more builders who are willing to participate in building some decent stuff. Cool

My Brickshelf Gallery
ApophisV

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whohoo!!! Shocked Surprised Thanks alot!!!! I really hadn't seen any chance to win after I saw all those other entries which all were really great!!

And congratulations to all the other winners!!! Smile

Darkkazmo wrote:
Sorry, no more contests from me... Not until I see more builders who are willing to participate in building some decent stuff.

Oh, what a pity! Sad But I think I will build some alternates on my own then... Wink

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hooray!
Thanks so much 'Kazmo, for yet another enjoyable contest, and for your generosity. To all the judges who made this possible: thanks!

Darkkazmo - I'll give my latest magazine a quick perusal, and I'll send a PM your way. Thanks again.

Darkkazmo wrote:
Sorry, no more contests from me... Not until I see more builders who are willing to participate in building some decent stuff.

Did you hear that, everybody? Get busy! I certainly am looking forward to more contests of this kind, but its the entrants who make it a contest.

MOCpages gallery
We all make choices. But in the end... our choices make us.
erikutt

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WHAT! i didnt win?

No just kidding you others probably putted ore work into this than i did.

Gongrats t the winner (altho it would have bin nice with a set now)

Well well better luck for me next round.

Erik
bodman2

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wohoo!! YEAH! I really should look more often, I didn't even know it had ended.

Thankyou for giving me the win (I was so sure fmoo would win 'em all ::D: )

I'll PM you asap Darkkazmo, and thanx again!
fmoo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bodman2 wrote:
Wohoo!! YEAH! I really should look more often, I didn't even know it had ended.

Thankyou for giving me the win (I was so sure fmoo would win 'em all ::D: )

Congrats, bodman2. Smile That was a very cool A-Wing 'V' you made.

Dennis

thievery.org/dennisc | flickr
SpaceManMort

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Shocked $74 worth of Lego to all the winners. That is some serious generosity, and to people that you have not met.

I'll pm you as soon as I get a chance to take a look at the catalog.
Darkkazmo
Lord of the Bricks

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to mention the shipping fees as well. Thanks for reminding me! Confused

My Brickshelf Gallery
Big Z
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkkazmo wrote:
Sorry, no more contests from me... Not until I see more builders who are willing to participate in building some decent stuff. Cool

Yeah, ouch. You're such a morale booster, Joseph.

Flickr <> Big C's Blog
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
SpaceManMort

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No more contests?!? Sad

Damn I enjoy these a lot. Really kazmo, if the only reason is funds I will forfeit my prize just to see you do another contest. Im not in it for the new Lego at all, I just enjoy the alternate ship concept and the stress of getting a ship out on time.

EDIT:
Quote:
Not until I see more builders who are willing to participate in building some decent stuff.

How about if I show you the b-wing I built for a alternate ship contest if you did one Wink
Darkkazmo
Lord of the Bricks

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cello Collin wrote:
Darkkazmo wrote:

Yeah, ouch. You're such a morale booster, Joseph.

Meaning?
At least I was doing my part! Collin. Remember, I'm not a wealthy man, I'm a guy who is living on a very tight budget. And the reason that I was doing these contests to boost creativity around this site, and because I care! And what do I get in return, sarcasm? Thank you so much bud.
I've always appreciated all the work that has been put into these contests, from all members! Not everybody has the same level of skills, and we all know that! And I wasn't hinting on any of the entries to set things straight. I was just simply saying that we need to see more entires to justify giving those prizes. What's the wrong in that?
And I was about to start on a new project to help this community to get back into building again, and thanks to you, I need to hold on it and rethink it over!

SpaceManMort, don't worry pal, you did your part and you won! You deserve that prize... As for future contests from me/my team? I think we need to stir things up again before we continue with them... Thanks for the offer though, I really do appreciate it.

My Brickshelf Gallery
Mirage

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for doing these contests darkkazmo, I feel bad that i didnt participate Embarassed . Concerning the part about justifying the prizes I have begun building something a little while ago because i needed to start building again and partly on the fact that i won one of your contest when there were only like 6 participants. I have often felt since i won that contest, I should make it worthwhile and rebuild my entry bigger and better. For the suspense i wont say the ship's name but all i will say is that it's coming Twisted Evil.

Proud owner of a get out of trout whack free card. These babies are limited edition!
Big Z
Undead!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa. Whoa. Whoa.

Joseph, I think you're misreading my post after I misread your post. Smile My point was that this bit...

Quote:
Not until I see more builders who are willing to participate in building some decent stuff.

... came off as a little too in-your-face. In retrospect, I'm pretty sure you didn't mean for it to sound mean, but it kinda did. Hence my remark.

As for how you reacted... dude, don't ever think I'm not grateful for what you've done here. I'd be an idiot if I didn't think you've done a lot for the community here. 'Course, I am an idiot in some respects Wink, but not when it comes to this. I appreciate everything you've done with these contests, and I am not angry or bitter or whatever if you're unable to do anything else for a while. That thought never even crossed my mind. Peace, bro.

Flickr <> Big C's Blog
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Darkkazmo
Lord of the Bricks

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, when you quoted the line like that, you took out of context! Plus when did you ever see me making fun out of people's creations? I never did! (of course Mike is an exception Razz )... I've always appreciated people's efforts and participation regardless of their skill level. Plus if you understood it like that, you could have PMed or something, and I would have explained it better.

Anyhow, we're cool now. Smile

My Brickshelf Gallery
Big Z
Undead!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joseph wrote:
(of course Mike is an exception Razz)

Ah-HA! I knew it all along, JERK! Wink

Flickr <> Big C's Blog
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Contests and Community Builds! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4
Jump to: