FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Battlestar Galactica *Potential Spoilers*
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> The Bantha Coffee Shop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZombieSolo
... eats you all. [zMOD]

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buh..... Shocked That was one hell of an episode.
Zombie Sillyus
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DonSolo wrote:
Buh..... Shocked

I love that comment. Smile

Nowadays about all i can say is, "That's Galactica!"

I'll have to watch it again tonight, along with last week's to see all the "little stuff".

And what a preview for next week too! Shocked
ZombieSolo
... eats you all. [zMOD]

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^Sums it up nicely.
ZombieSolo
... eats you all. [zMOD]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unrelated to the episode, just fun with my titaniums...
Starsmore

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bah!

Next week is the midseason break. Anyone hear when SciFi is showing the last half of the series?
EmperorZombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would assume its next fall because it always takes a ridiculously long time for them to air.

But that episode on friday was soo awesome, I loved it.
Starsmore

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard rumbling that it's gonna be held until next year (2009) which is ridiculous, personally.

Just wondering if anyone heard official word.
Zombie Sillyus
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Starsmore wrote:
I've heard rumbling that it's gonna be held until next year (2009) which is ridiculous, personally.

Just wondering if anyone heard official word.

Here in Canada, Space (our version of Sci-Fi) showed a preview of next week's mid-season finale immediately after the episode on Friday, and while i was BLOWN AWAY by the content in the trailer*** Shocked Question Shocked (watched it 4-5x in super slo-mo on the DVR to catch everything!), i was also stunned to see this:

"Next Week... The Final Episode...Until 2009..."

Shocked Frackin' frackity-frack!!!!! Crying or Very sad

Ok, i knew it was a real possibility as i'd heard rumours, but i held out some hope they wouldn't try and milk this for another 6-8 months. Seeing "2009" just hurt. Confused

*** This trailer/preview will probably end up on YouTube if it isn't up already. Usually by now they're both up (Space & Sci-Fi).
EmperorZombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I guess we need to have high expections for the second half of the season if its gonna be delayed that much longer.
Starsmore

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frak.

FRAK!

That's all I have to say. Sad
hatcher

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can honestly say I was surprised by this episode. The ending blew me away. (Oh, bad pun there. Smile

As for having to wait until 2009: damn you sci-fi, damn you to hell!
brickscout

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprised no one else opened this back up since Friday. Is there another thread somewhere that I missed?
Anyway, I know the show pretty well as others do and can honestly say that although the new episode was great, are we really supposed to believe that Ellen Tigh is the Fifth Cylon? As I recall D'Anna apologized to her (fifth cylon) right before she died when she saw the fifth cylon in one scene...other than that what other time had they been together? Did she apologize for putting her and Tigh through hell on occupied New Caprica? Otherwise this is the lamest kept secret of any show other than LOST.

(Ignore the following rant unless you are bored): Seriously, my point is, when writers have no idea where a series is going, they pretend they do and then try to prove it towards the end and fail miserably...(LOST, Alias, La Femme Nikita, Smallville, etc...) Sorta like Lucas and the prequels...
Chief
Frak yeah! [ADMIN]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll concede that BSG has very clearly defined moments when you know the writers didn't have a plan (Ronald Moore, exec producer, has said on an occasion or two that he let the writers play with ideas for a few eps until they thought of something else to run with)....

...However, I'm a die-hard LOST apologist and firmly believe that the buildup for this show is definitely paying off, and at the end of the last season next year the "Told you so!"s against the naysayers are going to brutally sweet. The overarching mythology has definitely been tweaked along the way, but it hasn't been made up on the fly as it seems so often happens on BSG and Heroes, a show I've given up on time and again because I keep giving them chances to redeem it, and they fail *miserably.*
[b:47f5051a03][color=red:47f5051a03]BULLETIN ISSUED SATURDAY 01.31.2009 11:59:59PM PST. ATTENTION ALL CITIZENS: PLEASE READ THIS[/color:47f5051a03][/b:47f5051a03]
brickscout

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gave up on LOST after the second season as all the questions that we fans wanted answered still have not been answered. "Scary sounding" monster from the first episode and black smoke being the 2 major ones that I don't feel would give away the shows ending if they answered these questions...but perhaps they have since then and I probably should see if there is a lost thread...
Nebraska

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems Ron Moore of Battlestar tries way too much to bring in today's headlines (bombings, citizen protests, etc.)...it ruins the sci fi in my opinion.

However, Lost is the best. Just go watch last season's 'The Constant'. Best. written. show. ever.
Firespray
Hyperactive

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wth I started this thread? Shocked I actually watched the newest episode but didn't understand the significance of any of it. So I started watching it all from the beginning and whoa this show is awesome Very Happy
... eats you all. [zMOD]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is terrible, but hilarious. I didn't notice while watching the episode, it may have been a different commercial entirely.
brickscout

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that is unbelievable. Not that the commercial that aired in my area was the same, but that is bad timing...
Darth's Zombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not that I remember what commercial aired on my TV (since I was trying to pick my jaw up off the floor), but I would have remembered that one. That's simply horrible and seems almost fake (internet guys cutting and pasting)!

But topically, it was great to have BSG back on. I agree that the whole Ellen = Fifth Cylon thing was a low point in the plot. I hope it was simply a lie to manipulate Colonel Tigh.

I was fully expecting that they would find "the real Starbuck" somewhere and I look forward to how they are going to explain who and what "the new Starbuck" is.

Also the whole "Earth was populated by the Cylons" thing is intriguing as well but raises some questions. Why did no-one know that the 13th tribe was composed of Cylons? Which came first, organic cyclons (skin jobs), or robotic cyclons? If they really were robots, wouldn't someone have noted that in the ancient texts? This one also seems a bit of a stretch. Hmmm......

Anyone check out Season 4.0 on DVD yet? Anything good in there that makes it a worthy purchase?
Frak yeah! [ADMIN]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darth's Daddy wrote:
Also the whole "Earth was populated by the Cylons" thing is intriguing as well but raises some questions. Why did no-one know that the 13th tribe was composed of Cylons? Which came first, organic cyclons (skin jobs), or robotic cyclons? If they really were robots, wouldn't someone have noted that in the ancient texts? This one also seems a bit of a stretch. Hmmm......

This is the biggest question for me right now. I'm fine with Ellen as the Fifth, I know Starbuck will be explained, but the revelation about this Earth having been nuked 2000 years ago and was populated by skinjobs and Centurion-like models alike... it's just wtf?

Darth's Daddy wrote:
Anyone check out Season 4.0 on DVD yet? Anything good in there that makes it a worthy purchase?

The first 10 episodes and accompanying deleted scenes and commentary, plus it includes Razor. I don't know what other bonus features it has, I haven't gotten to that point yet. Anyways, a fairly good deal, unless you already had Razor like me Rolling Eyes
[b:47f5051a03][color=red:47f5051a03]BULLETIN ISSUED SATURDAY 01.31.2009 11:59:59PM PST. ATTENTION ALL CITIZENS: PLEASE READ THIS[/color:47f5051a03][/b:47f5051a03]
Zombie Sillyus
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First- i'm a *huge* BSG fan. I think it's the best drama on TV and it's probably one of the best ever. It definitely has the best writing on TV. But of all things i found the new episode to have really some weak writing. Sad At times the episode lacked urgency & it felt like an episode in the middle of a run. I guess i was expecting more of an exciting, action-packed conclusion.

The Good- almost everything with Starbuck. Looks like she'll end up being half-Cylon or a different kind of hybrid. Maybe there's a resurrection ship nearby earth & that's how Ellen will come back. The flashbacks from Chief & Tigh were great, & also Anders with the guitar neck. The scene with Adama & Tigh was awesome. The mysterious Centurion helmet & all the bones being Cylon instead of human. Rosin burning the Pythian book and missing her treatment makes sense.

The Mediocre- Ok, all his incredible stuff is going on with reaching earth & the 5th Cylon and... we have Sharon & Helo playing with Hera? We have Lee & Dualla going on a date? What exactly was the point in having Dualla shoot herself other than to shock us for 5 minutes? Or simply because they needed something to push Adama closer to suicide himself? Seems they killed her off just to kill someone off, although this may open things up for Kara & Lee. But did we ever see Dualla having such a weighted interest in earth? Roslin- SHE would be someone so devastated by the findings that she'd blow her brains out. And i hope Gaius hasn't reverted back to his scientist/expert on Cylons role. Ok, this looked promising- Tigh comes up to D'anna and... all he has to say is "you should get back to your ship"? WTF??? Uh, you figure the Four would be burning to ask her who the 5th is, no? Also, i'm surprised they're leaving earth so soon! That's it? I think it's taking the easy way out to have earth be completely devastated. Why not have them find some mysterious ruins? Or a temple, or...? People had been speculating that there might be another 'Earth', and maybe they'll be right.

The We'll See- Having Ellen be the 5th Cylon just isn't that compelling. So, Ellen was helping the Cylons on New Caprica... and it turns out she IS a cylon. Ok- that's it? So what? With D'anna repeatedly saying "four of the 5 are with the Fleet" we knew it had to be someone NOT in the Fleet! If it was Gaeta or Dualla or Tom Zarek or anyone else she would have simply outed them, no? After reading everyone's speculation i was down to the Final Cylon being either Zak or Ellen, so it wasn't really a suprise- other than how they did it. But i would have held back the reveal of the 5th until later in the episodes.

Maybe the months of build-up were just too much? Maybe with all the hype it was going to be impossible to live up to? I don't think BSG has jumped the shark but my expectations have been lowered. That said i can't wait til Friday! Smile
CommanderJake

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

/me bites Darth Sillyus

Grrrrrr.... Urghhhhhh, braaaaaaaains
Zombie Sillyus
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*ouch* Smile

Ok- that episode was better. (Written & directed by Ron Moore- no wonder.) Wow, so it turns out Chief is NOT the father and little Nicky is 100% human. This is like a daytime soap! That makes the unborn (pure?) Cylon baby which Six is carrying way more important.

But they've still left tons of things up in the air with one less episode to go. And i kind of get where they're going with this whole thing now. Gaeta & Tom Zarek are leading a military & political coup and (after seeing next week's preview) all the main, 'good' characters- Lee + Starbuck, Adama + Roslin, Helo + Sharon, Tigh + Six, Chief, Anders & the other Cylons being persecuted, under attack, and fighting for their lives.

All i can say is- "THEY'RE ALL DOOMED". Cool

(Maybe Anders should just say he's sorry. Wink)
Iare Zombite
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

/me uses gravity gun to crush Zombie Sillyus!

Cake is NOT A LIE!!!
(Yes, the virus worked on me somehow... Razz )
Iare Zombite
Undead!

/me uses Master sword to slice Zombie Sillyus brain!

Cake is NOT A LIE!!!
Iare Zombite
Undead!

/me jumps and crushes Zombie Sillyus, Mario style!

Cake is NOT A LIE!!!
Iare Zombite
Undead!

/me flames on and burns Zombie Sillyus to ash!

Cake is NOT A LIE!!!
ZombieGIR
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZombieSolo wrote:
This is terrible, but hilarious. I didn't notice while watching the episode, it may have been a different commercial entirely.

Is that even a real brand of crackers? I don't remember that commercial.
thrasher zombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

/Me now passes through GIR's dead spirit and bites Iare

Move forward zombies, we will conquer!
Firespray
Hyperactive

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally got myself caught up, the newest episodes ending deserves a big WTF Shocked
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> The Bantha Coffee Shop All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4
Jump to: