FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Battlestar Galactica *Potential Spoilers*
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> The Bantha Coffee Shop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zombie Sillyus
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I've been spoiled being able to watch them all at once if I want, and Friday at 10 isn't exactly prime TV-watching time for someone without TiVo/DVR.

It's not the best time slot for a great show like BSG is it. Confused I went and bought an LG DVD recorder w/ 80G HDD ($175 -all i could afford) on clearance in January and it's going to be busy every Friday night.

Emperor wrote:
It seemed like a pretty cool premier to me, I still couldnt get my head around when
frackin spoiler alert! wrote:
Col. Tai shoots Adama
that was some crazy mind trip stuff. Can't wait for this Friday.

re: above frackin spoiler alert! wrote:
The good Col. may have had a preview of what is programming is all about- who knows? Maybe that was his way of 'fighting off' or resisting his mission? The message flashed before his eyes but he refused. I dunno. He's by far the most defiant of the four in terms of accepting what's happened.

Wow! The S4 premiere was awesome! Cool

frackin spoilerS alert! wrote:
Great episode for the Baltar character- his facial expressions were priceless. Another great performance turned in by Katie too. The Raider scanning Anders' eye was amazing. I love all the awkward moments the new Cylons had and how the Six in the brig said she can "feel" the Final Five's presence. Lee working for the gov't (and wearing casual sweaters!) is something that will take time getting used to. Can't wait 'til ep2 on Friday.

EmperorZombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spoilerbeotch wrote:
I think Lee is gonna run for president, he said a politcal position where he could do more good will be opening up

What are your thoughts?
Zombie Sillyus
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emperor wrote:
spoilerbeotch wrote:
I think Lee is gonna run for president, he said a politcal position where he could do more good will be opening up

What are your thoughts?

sp-sp-spoiler-oh-e-oh wrote:
Definitely possible. In interviews i've read, cast members have alluded to the fact that lots of characters get killed off at a regular pace this season, so... When Roslin dies of the Cancer (i'm pretty sure that Ron Moore said that this time there will be no magical cure) it would be a great plot line to have Lee elected President. Then you have father as head of the military & son as head of the government, which would set the table for more possible tension & plenty of clashes in ideology like we've seen before.

Now if Roslin's the Final Cylon then that changes everything. Plus the scriptures say that a dying leader will lead the way to Earth, right? So that might go out the window too. With BSG you just NEVER know what they're gonna think up next! I think the road to Earth this season will be a bumpy & deadly one for sure though.

EmperorZombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spooooooooooiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiilleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr wrote:
Oh yeah, so now its down to Roslyn, Starbuck, and Baltar to be the fifth of the final. I believe that there is going to be a revival of the Dianas and she(s) is going to reveal who the one person she saw is. My moneys on Baltar, people are saying that its too simple for him to be one, but the writers of the show will exploit that and use him anyways, its perfect!
[/quote]
ZombieGIR
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has to be one of those three, they pretty much ran through the rest of the main characters. Wink
darthtangent

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, Starbuck's experience has got me wondering if they are going to introduce another power. Maybe a re-imagined take on the "Beings of Light" from the original series? Starbuck wouldn't be a Cylon, just being influenced by this new power. The whole "this has all happened before" thing has me scratching my head. Anywhoo, I'm liking season 4 so far!
Zombie Sillyus
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

darthtangent wrote:
Hmm, Starbuck's experience has got me wondering if they are going to introduce another power. Maybe a re-imagined take on the "Beings of Light" from the original series?

Ooh! I like that!!! Yeah- you never know what old references from BSG Classic they might bring back to explain things away and baffle us further (temporarily, of course) while we keep on guessing what's next.

One thing's for sure, when they reach Earth we *won't* see any flying motorbikes! Rolling Eyes

Oh yeah! (As if i didn't know. Wink ) New episode tonight!!! BSG: What WILL happen this week? Can't wait!
Starsmore

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy frak!
SPOLIERS! wrote:
DeadCallyDeadCallyDeadCally! First I thought she'd space Nicky, then we think she'll space herself and Nicky, and then Tory beats the poodoo out of her and spaces her? That's frakked!
Chief
Frak yeah! [ADMIN]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NOOOOOOOooooooooooooooo!!!! Mad
[b:47f5051a03][color=red:47f5051a03]BULLETIN ISSUED SATURDAY 01.31.2009 11:59:59PM PST. ATTENTION ALL CITIZENS: PLEASE READ THIS[/color:47f5051a03][/b:47f5051a03]
ZombieGIR
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lights wrote:
NOOOOOOOooooooooooooooo!!!! Mad

I agree. Mad
EmperorZombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why Gods, WHY????
Starsmore

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emperor wrote:
Why Gods, WHY????
We all know why...

Spoilerific! Sorta wrote:
Cuz Tory wants some of that sweet, sweet Chief luvin'!
Od Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well then... That episode was kind of a waste, a lot more could have been done in the 45 min. if they had not stretched out all the above mentioned crazy business... Starbuck on the earth finding mission was interesting though.
ZombieGIR
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spoiler wrote:
What if this means Boomer will come back and hook up with Chief?

EmperorZombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spoiler wrote:
Who knows, maybe boomer dies along with the whole cylon ambush, that part was awesome, but i think tori and chief will hook up soon

Starsmore

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Starsmore wrote:
Boomer is the #8 that's frakking the Number One (Cavil). The one that made the call against the other 8's.
EmperorZombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spoiler wrote:
but the "boomer" the one of the 8s who went with cabil and broke away from the rest of her line was with them when they jumped on each other, and if she dies there she cannot come back, and she is the only one of the 8s who would have feelings for chief.

Zombie Sillyus
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Od Ball wrote:
That episode was kind of a waste, a lot more could have been done in the 45 min. if they had not stretched out all the above mentioned crazy business...

spoilers schmoilers wrote:

I'm not going to try and apologise for BSG's wrters, directors, and producers, but you couldn't have Cally 'go' without showing WHY. Good shows just don't kill off characters in 2 minutes or even 15 minutes. You had to show her slowly breaking down and losing hope, even before she found out about her husband's true 'identity'. Plus, it's not like we hadn't heard her complaining about Galen not being around enough before this happened. The relationship had been getting pretty rocky. And they've thrown these changeup/curveball episodes more focused on one story at us before.

The reason that they decided to kill off Cally was so Chief's character (which is obviously crucial to the show since his 'activation') could move on & grow (in whatever way they're going to go). Now he can really explore being a Final Five Cylon (whatever that ends up meaning) without worrying about his 'home life'. He'll move on quickly and i think the baby (Nicky) will become much more important to him and the other Four. (It's a Hybrid!)

And if/when he does get further involved with Tori it'll stir up the plotline and give the writers lots of more interesting possibilities. Tori said she likes these new (Cylon) sensations and thoughts. Chief will be vulnerable and might find a deeper kinship with another Cylon. Maybe we'll see a real Skin-Job romance (or even love?). Tori's "shoking" turn was another reminder of how evil any Cylon can be. Just what else are they capable of?

Not touching on Baltar at all, or on Six In The Brig's feeling the Final Five's presence in the fleet will make next week's ep all the more interesting. They do have 20 episodes to work with.

I loved that shot of we have to assume is Starbuck's Viper flying by Jupiter, and then her painting of that memory. The drops of red paint when she's painting The Eye was a harbinger.

They sure made it look like Six's & Eight's 'fleet' won't survive Cavil's ambush (permanently!?!), but i think somehow they ALL won't die. Plus we do still have Six In The Brig and Athena alive.

EmperorZombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oilerspay wrote:
I think that the Cylons ambushing each other is going to cause the 6s and 8s to join the Caprica fleet, and together they will fight the rest of the Cylons, and in the end Cylon and Human alike will find Earth and share, nah just kidding!

ZombieSolo
... eats you all. [zMOD]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Did not see that coming. Holy frak. Kinda glad though, in an odd way, because that plotline was getting tiring. Also kinda thinking that the whole purpose of the four was to get the hybrids started incognito.
Zombie Sillyus
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, another change-up. Weird... Question Shocked Question I have to watch that a second time before commenting too much.
Zombie Sillyus
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay. I watched 4.4 again, and well, it was... weird. <looks at last post> ^^ Rolling Eyes ^^ Well, it's all i can think of!

Anyone else???
Starsmore

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. Chief went all Natural Born Cylon.
Zombie Sillyus
Undead!

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re last 3 episodes: Frakking holy frakk!!! Shocked

spolied rotten wrote:

Tigh sees his dead wife when he's with Six In The Brig!
Baltar + Tori?!?
Tyrol forgives Baltar?!?
Kara's possessed! And paints ceilings too!
Cylon Civil War!!!
Helo relieves Kara of command!
Leoben in dead Heavy Raider finds Starbuck!
Anders shoots Gaeta's leg off!
"The 3 will reveal the 5."
Tigh saves the Demetrius & the Rebel Base Ship!
Destroy the gigantic uber-cool-looking Cylon Ressurection HUB?!?!
Athena shoots 'Rebel Leader Six'!
"The Final Five are in the fleet."
"The Final Five have been to Earth."
Plug the Hybrid back in???
"Juump!!"
The Hybrid just kidnapped Roslin!!! Wait- and Helo and Baltar too!
And a gajillion other things too!

And... who WILL be revealed as the final Cylon?

Will it be Kara Thrace? Will it be Baltar? Will it be Roslin? Will it be... Gaeta? (My 2 cents are on Helo right now.)

"ALL WILL BE REVEALED"

Good Gods! Or God. Or...?

There's so much going on... i don't even know if i can determine if i'm on AOL... or which way is up anymore.

But that's good! Frakk, i LOVE this frakking show!!! Razz Cool
ZombieSolo
... eats you all. [zMOD]

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, that last episode was brilliant. I watched it twice, back to back, and I'm still like Shocked .

sploiders wrote:
That dead #6 was quite the wafflebot... "We need insurance! / ZOMG the trust must start with us!!!" she deserved to get shot... she screwed everything up. Laura is turning out to be a much darker character now that she's the walking dead. I'm thinking Lee might be the next president based on the episode, and the flash clip show in the preview for this week makes it seem all the more likely. Also, I think Tigh was fraking the caged 6 too... the one he kept seeing his wife in. Seems likely on several levels. Still have no better guess for the last final toaster outside AdAdama, could be anyone at this point. I'm a go watch it again!

...WEAPONS HOLD!
Jedd the Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm way behind in all this BattlestarGalactica stuff. I've only just begun watching the miniseries from way back in 2003, and must say it's a little hard to follow. Still, Tricia Helfer is waaay hot.

><>
Zombie Sillyus
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedd the Jedi wrote:
I'm way behind in all this BattlestarGalactica stuff. I've only just begun watching the miniseries from way back in 2003, and must say it's a little hard to follow. Still, Tricia Helfer is waaay hot.

Oh, dude! DUDE!!! BSG = Best Show in Galaxy Cool Ok, on televison anyway. Trust me- until early last year i was in the same boat! I watched the miniseries, and a few Season 1 episodes here and there. I was confused, yet intrigued. And one friend kept saying, "Trust me- you like shows like Sopranos, 24, along with sci-fi? You'll love this." So i went back and re-wateched the miniseries again, and then all of Season 1 in order. I was HOOKED, baby!

By Season 2 i was blown away. By even a few eps into Season 3 i came to realise just how high the quality of writing, acting, character depth, themes, & symbolism actually were. And the story arcs, plots, sub-plots, sub-sub-plots, mysteries, and cliffhangers just get better & better and better with each season. And the show has some really great (better than SW dare i say) CGI which also progresses in quality with each half-season it seems.

Just hang in there and keep watching- even if you have to rewatch some scenes or episodes to figure some stuff out. The payoff is huge. For drama i thought Sopranos was amazing. For thrillers and suspense i thought 24 was great. BSG at this point is just... beyond what i tought any show could do.

And yes, Tricia is SMOKIN HOT! Red dress, black dress, classy green outfit at Comic-Con...

...and especially on the red carpet at the Spike TV Scream Awards! [url] Shocked [/url] Uh, trust me. Anyway, she's a genetic freak of female good-looking-ness. Razz And she's Canadian. Oh, Canada! Wink

Seriously, though. Eye candy or no, BSG ranks by critics & fans alike as the best sci-fi drama TV show- evar.
Chief
Frak yeah! [ADMIN]

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BSG is picking up again. JUMP!

On a side note, I'm thinking of going Specialist-style with my haircut tonight. You know, real short like. We'll see if my wife is down with that.
[b:47f5051a03][color=red:47f5051a03]BULLETIN ISSUED SATURDAY 01.31.2009 11:59:59PM PST. ATTENTION ALL CITIZENS: PLEASE READ THIS[/color:47f5051a03][/b:47f5051a03]
Jedd the Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice, Sillyus. Well, I'll see how it goes. Oh, you forgot that Tricia is especially hot without any dress at all...just look at her photos from Feb 2007's Playboy....not that I've seen them myself Cool

><>
General Veers

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NBC recently put up the original Galactica on their site, So I've started watching. I can't believe I didn't start earlier.
Raptor Fun Fact #73- The raptor's natural enemy is the gas-powered internal combustion off-road vehicle, which is made of evil.

So long everyone, my flight's leaving soon.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> The Bantha Coffee Shop All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4
Jump to: