FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Battlestar Galactica *Potential Spoilers*
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> The Bantha Coffee Shop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Firespray
Hyperactive

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:10 pm    Post subject: Battlestar Galactica *Potential Spoilers* Reply with quote

"Battlestar" gets grounded by Sci Fi

Last edited by Firespray on Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Scitvs
Praetor Nerdivs

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm. A shame, but hopefully the 'bang' 'll be worth it.

><>
Zombie Austin
OSHI-! [zMOD]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allow me.

LAME.
Padawan716
The Comeback Kid

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, at least it was a creative decision rather than one based on viewership.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Chief
Frak yeah! [ADMIN]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

/me cries
[b:47f5051a03][color=red:47f5051a03]BULLETIN ISSUED SATURDAY 01.31.2009 11:59:59PM PST. ATTENTION ALL CITIZENS: PLEASE READ THIS[/color:47f5051a03][/b:47f5051a03]
ZombieDraykov
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't mean to kick anyone while they're down, but the writers seem to have been tap-dancing with this show since the 2nd episode of the 2nd season...it was bound to happen. I wanted to like this show. I really did. I just wish they wouldn't have muddied the waters with so much melodrama and half-breed cyborg babies.
11numnumnum
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No more Tricia Helfer?
Iare Zombite
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll miss this show.

Cake is NOT A LIE!!!
(Yes, the virus worked on me somehow... Razz )
ZombieGIR
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
dWhisper
99% Evil [MOD]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I think Sci-Fi's hand was forced by the creators. They'd requested mid-Season 3 to end the show after the next season, so they could write some finality into it. They didn't want it to turn into something like Lost. Have to dig up the article.
ZombieDraykov
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moses and the Chosen People gotta find the Promised Land some time. Wink
WookieWarrior9

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BSG is such an awesome show, but it has a beginning and an end. I'm glad that we're going to see that end and the writers will have plenty of time to make an awesome final season. There's still a long time until the end, though. If they show all 20 episodes (the other 2 in the fall, as planned) in a row starting in Jan, we'd be around the end of the show at this time a year from now. They might even break it up to stretch it out.

If there wasn't a Star Wars series (or two) on the horizon, I'd be much more upset. All good things must come to an end, though.
Jargon

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While this is coming from someone who doesn't watch said show, or even much TV at all, I wish more people would do this.

When books, movies, TV Shows, etc. drag on and on simply because the creator wants to make as much money possible from it, it's never a good thing. I think that as the writers of the show, they know what's best for it.
    - Aaron

Andrew wrote:
You're the dead cat of love
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
EmperorZombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know if SGA will end with BSG?
SG1's final episodes arent that spectacular to me, they've kinda gone away frome the whole "impending threat of the ori".

but i hope that they at least find another fleet before adama finds earth.

i wonder what kind of shows scifi is going to replace their three biggest shows with?

-Emperor
Firespray
Hyperactive

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emperor wrote:
Does anyone know if SGA will end with BSG?
SG1's final episodes arent that spectacular to me, they've kinda gone away frome the whole "impending threat of the ori".

SG-1 will end after it's 10th season is over here in the US as it's already finished in some other countries, the final episodes leave way for 2 direct to DVD movies that will finish up the Ori story released at the end of this year. SGA has been renewed for a 4th season and airs I think at the end of the year.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As good as the show is (well, can be), I think its for the best. From beginning to about beginning of season 3 it was great!........and then the filler episodes hit, season finale great but, i'm glad their ending cause frankly, not a single person I know likes filler.
Morbie19
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never actually watched BSG on-air, but after getting drawn in with and watching straight through the available DVD sets (am now waiting patiently for Season 3 to be released), I'd have to agree that ending on a positive note is a good thing. While the show as a whole has been very entertaining, it seemed like S2 completely dropped the "find Earth" premise for the whole season, waddled around with unrelated stories, and then kicked back into gear for the cliffhanger. Dunno... I just get the feeling that it's a good thing it'll end when it does.

On a related note, here's a story about the non-possibility of a BSG movie:

No "Galactica" Movie Possibilities

Quote:
With the acclaimed "Battlestar Galactica" wrapping up next year, is there any chance of a feature film continuation? Doubtful it seems.

What is surprising is that it isn't for lack of interest on the producers, cast or even studios part - rather the original creator.

The IESB reports that according to producer David Eick, there are hopes for a feature film and the 'olive branch' is out to original 70's series creator Glen Larson.

Larson however hasn't exactly been happy with his 70's ray-gun blasting space opera being remade into a 21st century gritty political military drama.

However Galactica is nevertheless his baby and he holds the feature film rights - thus his co-operation would be required. Larson also remains keen on the idea of making a movie based on the original series and characters.

Not helping is a recent kerfuffle over the Direct-to-DVD Movie "Razor" scheduled for November. The network had originally planned to directly release it on DVD, but due to the rights issue it now will have to air first on TV as two stand alone episodes.

Will it happen? Unlikely, but possible. Stay tuned for further developments.

m19

Brickshelf | Flickr
ZombieGIR
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The sad news never ends, does it? Sad
renegade
Mysterious Stranger

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Draykov wrote:
I don't mean to kick anyone while they're down, but the writers seem to have been tap-dancing with this show since the 2nd episode of the 2nd season...it was bound to happen. I wanted to like this show. I really did. I just wish they wouldn't have muddied the waters with so much melodrama and half-breed cyborg babies.

I do like the show and I still agree with you on the excessive melodrama and cyborg plots. What I loved about the miniseries and the first season was that they were not afraid to take the show down very dark alleys (think the nuking of the flower girl in the miniseries). I thought that along with good character development made the show great. While I still like the show, this last season was almost a complete disappointment and a lot of season 2 was as well. My hope is they will use the end point of the show to refocus on what made the show great and deliver on its original promise. That and I hope they don't chicken out the way the Sopranos did.

In a gathering storm comes a tall handsome man
In a dusty black coat, With a red right hand
Morbie19
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now a BSG tidbit for the gamers. This time, it's something that doesn't rhyme with "canceled". Wink

Sierra Online wrote:
Sierra Online, a division of Vivendi Games, has released the first details and artwork for three of its upcoming titles Switchball, an inventive physics-based puzzle game, Commanders: Attack!, a turn-based tactical military game, and Battlestar Galactica, a space combat game inspired by the popular TV series.

(snip)
Inspired by the hit television series, Battlestar Galactica, airing on the SCI FI Channel, Battlestar Galactica is an action-packed top-down space combat game set in the universe of the hugely popular sci-fi television show. Players can take part in enormous multiplayer space battles with up to eight players online or play through the single-player campaign that includes memorable missions from the TV series. Pilots can either sign up to defend the Galactica or play as the ruthless Cylons as they seek to remove the human race from existence. With full 3D graphics to show off the detailed ships and cosmic environments, Battlestar Galactica allows players to fly four Human and four Cylon ships from the Viper II to the Cylon raider, each with unique weapon capabilities. Battlestar Galactica will be available on Xbox LIVE Arcade, as well as Windows PC this fall.

m19

Brickshelf | Flickr
ZombieDraykov
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

XBox Live Arcade? Does that imply an 8-bit Dig-Dug in a Viper Mk. II? I've yet to pick up a 360, so I'm not sure what kind of quality we're dealing with in regard to Live! Arcade.

Last edited by ZombieDraykov on Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
WookieWarrior9

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is HD quality stuff. It's probably the first non- indie or 80's arcade game to be released. It's really pushing the boundaries of what XBLA can handle. Glad I went with a 360. Cool

IGN just posted 5 pictures from this game. I was worried it had been dropped because we didn't hear anything for months, but it looks great so far.

http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/851/851731.html
dWhisper
99% Evil [MOD]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xbox Live arcade can be thought of as PopCap on steroids. They recently upped the size, so you can get a lot more. They're not as in-depth as a full-blown DVD game, but they're graphically rich, and tend to have playability that absolutely stellar.
Starsmore

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:02 pm    Post subject: Thread Revival, hoooo! Reply with quote

Yeah. Battlestar Galactica Season 4 is premiering tonight (or has already premiered, if you consider webscreenings on SciFi.com) so I figured I'd revive a Galactica thread.

So what's people's thoughts on this new season, the last season?
ZombieSolo
... eats you all. [zMOD]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm very much looking forward to this last season, I enjoyed all th prior ones and this should have a lot of revealing tangents. However, not looking forward to everyone dieing...
Starsmore

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow.

Just got done reading the wiki entry on the first episode (I'm stuck at work, bored silly! Forgive me)

That's all I can say on it. Wow.
Morbie19
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I managed to get through the third season on DVD last week, but I probably won't be watching the last seasons until it's also out on DVD. I've been spoiled being able to watch them all at once if I want, and Friday at 10 isn't exactly prime TV-watching time for someone without TiVo/DVR.

m19

Brickshelf | Flickr
Chief
Frak yeah! [ADMIN]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wife and I got Season 3 for Easter, and we've been watching at least an episode a night ever since. We finish tonight right before the Season premiere. Yay!

So how long is this thread Season 4 spoiler free? Need to know if I can come back in here before it airs here on the west coast.
[b:47f5051a03][color=red:47f5051a03]BULLETIN ISSUED SATURDAY 01.31.2009 11:59:59PM PST. ATTENTION ALL CITIZENS: PLEASE READ THIS[/color:47f5051a03][/b:47f5051a03]
ZombieGIR
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw the premiere. Guess I can't talk about it yet though.
EmperorZombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seemed like a pretty cool premier to me, I still couldnt get my head around when
frackin spoiler alert! wrote:
Col. Tai shoots Adama
that was some crazy mind trip stuff. Can't wait for this Friday.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> The Bantha Coffee Shop All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4
Jump to: