FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

LEGO Indiana Jones (Official Thread)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 22, 23, 24  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZombieSolo
... eats you all. [zMOD]

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sam89 wrote:
DonSolo wrote:
I'm totally ripping off Chucks flickr page...

. . . who was ripping off FBTB's front page himself Wink
I saw it there first though Razz
Gooker1

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GIR3691 wrote:
Gooker1 wrote:
GIR3691 wrote:
*Drools* I want one! At 200 pieces, what could it be? Crystal Skull model? Flying Wing?

I think it's limited to 500 sets Wink

No way, really? Rolling Eyes I said I want one, doesn't mean I didn't see they're an extremely limited run.

Whoops! I misread your post! My bad! Smile
skotafactor

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flynn wrote:
captain REX wrote:
Where are Mac and Harold Oxley?

I know, that's my biggest gripe with the Crystal Skull sets. I mean, Mack isn't really essential, but it's not like he'd be a huge problem; just reprint Uncle Vernon in flesh! Oxley, on the other hand- Where the hell is he? He could be in every one of the sets, but he's not in any of them. Come on!

Why does it matter? Oxley was pretty much the Jar-Jar Binks of Indiana Jones. The only difference between the two is that Lego didn't make the mistake of putting him in every KOTCS set like they did with Jar-Jar in the episode I ones. I do agree with you on Mac, though. He was pretty essential to the movie.
bedaho

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skotafactor wrote:
Flynn wrote:
captain REX wrote:
Where are Mac and Harold Oxley?

I know, that's my biggest gripe with the Crystal Skull sets. I mean, Mack isn't really essential, but it's not like he'd be a huge problem; just reprint Uncle Vernon in flesh! Oxley, on the other hand- Where the hell is he? He could be in every one of the sets, but he's not in any of them. Come on!

Why does it matter? Oxley was pretty much the Jar-Jar Binks of Indiana Jones. The only difference between the two is that Lego didn't make the mistake of putting him in every KOTCS set like they did with Jar-Jar in the episode I ones. I do agree with you on Mac, though. He was pretty essential to the movie.

Mac? I'm sorry, but Oxley was way more essential to the story. Without him, Indy wouldn't have gotten into the whole thing in the first place. Mac could be replaced with a pancake... all he does is flip sides.

I[lllllll]EEE[]l/=====================
zombie REX
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bedaho wrote:
Mac could be replaced with a pancake... all he does is flip sides.

*Clashes symbols* Very Happy

" Let me show you how it works clanker!"

Captain REX of the 501st
Zombiekid24
Undead!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know if any official pics of the SDCC Indiana Jones exclusive have been posted anywhere?
WookieWarrior9

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well according to Brothers-Brick.com, the line is going to continue next year. I don't expect this one to last as long as SW, but I think they can easily get a good 3 years out of this one.

Here's hoping for a Flying Wing and a few ToD sets in 2009!

endcreepyminifigfaces.blogspot.com
Blondie-Wan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really, really want some Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom sets. I must have minifigs of Willie Scott (in multiple outfits!), Short Round, Mola Ram, Chattar Lal, Maharajah Zalim Singh, Lao Che, Chen, Kao Kan, and Thuggee guards and priests, plus Indy in his professorial suit and his oh-so-swanky white dinner jacket, as well as in "the gear" but minus the jacket and his right shirt sleeve. I also would love to see the Lao Che Air Freight Ford Tri-motor, the Temple of Doom (complete with huge Kali statue and sacrificial pit with victim cage), and most especially the mine car chase - though if one thinks about what would be physically involved, the mine car tracks would pose some distinct design challenges for TLC. I wonder how they'd do them...

And while I know this is a really long shot, I'd dearly love to see some sets based on The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles. If nothing else, some minifigs of young Indy in various ages and "looks" would be wonderful, as well as ones of young Henry Jones Sr., Anna Jones, Remy Baudouin and Helen Seymour.
Blondie-Wan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JediKermit, well before the contents of the first sets were revealed wrote:
My speculation about some of the stuff in each of these sets:

Motorcycle Chase
Minifigs:
Indiana Jones
Henry Jones
1 Nazi Soldier

Other Stuff:
1 Motorcycle with sidecar (for Indy + Dad)
1 Motorcycle

Possibly a tiny set piece, like the guard shack or barrier they use as a kind of jousting lance.

Lost Tomb
Minifigs:
Indiana Jones
Marion Ravenwood (my favorite of the Indy Girls)
Possibly a skeleton or two

Other Stuff:
One of the four giant statues that Indy climbs to break his way through the wall of the tomb.
Lots of snakes -- it would be cool to see a new snake for this set, like a coiled snake or a cobra with its hood spread open or something. But I'm assuming it'll just be more of the traditional snakes, possibly in a few different colors.

Race for Stolen Treasure
Minifigs:
Indiana Jones
Nazi Truck Driver
Nazi Jeep Driver
Nazi Soldier

Other Stuff:
A large covered truck (carrying the Ark of the Covenant)
Smaller Jeep-like vehicle
Possibly a horse?

Temple Escape
Minifigs:
Indiana Jones
Sapito
Two Hostile Natives
Belloq

Other Stuff:
Temple playset, including rolling rock, pit, and poison dart mechanism. I'm also hoping for some kind of temple exterior, with a few natives and that French archaeologist Belloq.

Wow, were you dead on with these or what? You absolutely nailed everything, save a couple of figs in Temple Escape - you left out Jock and his plane and instead included a couple Hovitos, and we even know from the preliminary pics one was considered for the set for a while. Really sharp powers of prognostication there! Very Happy
Zombie Fetty
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think at the end of your post you kinda damped the whole thing - I think he'd seen some preliminary pics.

Things are getting strange, I'm starting to worry,
This could be a case for Mulder and Scully
lotus10

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DonSolo wrote:
I'm totally ripping off Chucks flickr page...

I can't wait to see what this is. It should be known soon. The conference (preview) starts tonight.
WookieWarrior9

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I had to guess, I'd say it's a bunch of clear bricks to make a crystal skull head like the one or two which have been spotted at LEGO stores.

endcreepyminifigfaces.blogspot.com
Lego Apple

Location: Behind the Mayonaise, to the left of the coleslaw, right of the potato salad

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WookieWarrior9 wrote:
If I had to guess, I'd say it's a bunch of clear bricks to make a crystal skull head like the one or two which have been spotted at LEGO stores.
I would say something along those lines as well like possibly dark yellow pieces to make the golden idol from Raiders of the Lost Ark.
ZombieFlynn
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or perhaps it's a bunch of small models of Indy's artifacts: The skull, the ark, the grail, the fertility idol, the stones, and the cross.
Captain Ausome

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whatever it is, i want it badly! Im so anticipating the new indiana jones sets whenever they are coming out.
jp-30

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WookieWarrior9 wrote:

Yeah, considering the packaging resembles a warehouse crate, it's either the Ark or a Crystal Skull. And I'm pretty sure it will turn out to be a skull.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ I was wrong...

One's on ebay.

This is the SDCC exclusive set;

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No thanks, I don't need this, at any price!
Blondie-Wan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do! Laughing - well, except not at any price, alas; some of us have to live in the real world...

That said, I think it's a totally neat little set. That's the same jeep offered as a set on its own as this month's Brickmaster member exclusive, and I'm sure there are plenty of people happy to get it without having to join BM. Better are the two Ugha minifigs - the only other way to get some (so far) is in Temple of the Crystal Skull, and that's an $80 set, and these guys are someone one might reasonably want dozens of, so any set that includes them is welcome. The other bricks are nice for all sorts of Indy scenes one might devise. The particular scenario depicted here doesn't appear to be drawn upon any actual moment ever planned for the latest movie, but it's a nicely imagined "typical Indy" scene, I think.

How much does this thing cost (to people at SDCC, I mean, not on eBay Wink )? I hope my "contacts" at the con succeed(ed) in getting me one...
ZombieFlynn
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't you have to join or be a member of brickmaster to get the set?
lotus10

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the pieces for this jeep (the Brickmaster set) for a few bucks on Bricklink. The aboriginal minifigs can be found there for 8$ each.

Due to the limited quantity available, this will fetch ridiculous prices. Considering what it contains, it's not worth it.
DestructiveZombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that even from any scene Confused I don't recognize the scene.

DeviantART|Brickshelf
CaptMaarek

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That Jeep looks like the Brickmaster Exclusive I got in the mail. That Skull piece looks new though hopefully that'll be in future Indy sets. The rest of it as has been said is kinda basic.

It's a neat set to have, but not worth the ebay price.

I can't recall when Indy would've been in a Jeep with Native's around, Germans perhaps, but not Natives. And the Ugha warriors were in the new film he was in truck a few times and on motorcycle and in the trunk of a car...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Blondie-Wan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The jeep is indeed the same as the recent Brickmaster exclusive; this set contains that one.

The skull element isn't a new piece; it was first seen in white in some of the Pirates (Jack Stone scale) and Harry Potter sets from a few years ago, and is now available in dark grey (excuse me, bley) in an Indiana Jones set already, Temple Escape (which has two of them, in fact). The "ramps" with the jungle decoration are also in Temple Escape (the piece itself is in lots of different sets in various colors; Temple Escape comes with one like that, and also uses a sticker with that same artwork on top of that piece; it has only one though, whereas this has two).

In other words, this set does have some neat stuff, but it doesn't have anything truly unique to it, and someone could entirely recreate it using parts from other sets (almost entirely other Indiana Jones ones, in fact). Considering this is a limited edition of just 500 units, I think it's just as well; I'd hate for a Comic-Con exclusive to have anything truly essential (like, say, being the only set to have a Mola Ram minifig) - it'd be dreadful if all the Indy LEGO fans out there were desperately competing over the same 500 sets. This one a lot of folks can safely pass on. At the same time, it does have some neat stuff in it, and can work as something of an "Ugha army builder" set, which is something we could use since the only other set to have any of them also has just two of them and costs $80. I hope my at least one of the people I know at SDCC will succeed in getting me one of these, but if I don't get one, I can probably live with it.

I've read elsewhere that lots of people are / were trying to get these, and LEGO resorted to raffling them off (!). I wonder how much the tickets are...
Captain Ausome

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only reason i would get that is for the native peoples. Other than that it was a real let-down. Sad
infallible

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nifty little set, but inessential. Something more for the collector than the enthusiast. All in all, the perfect exclusive. Good job, LEGO.
jocktheglide

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lotus10 wrote:
I got the pieces for this jeep (the Brickmaster set) for a few bucks on Bricklink. The aboriginal minifigs can be found there for 8$ each.

Due to the limited quantity available, this will fetch ridiculous prices. Considering what it contains, it's not worth it.

right now buy it nows on ebay are 100 to 300 dollars just insane...not worth IMO
kevblee

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have now added more teaser pics for my Last Crusade MkVII custom I built. Manual is in the works...I will also post more stills on brickshelf at some point. Here is the link:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=332292
The Master Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone have set #7626 Jungle Cutter? I'm just wondering what the red twizzler on the back of the vehicle does.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/no_onions/2276632252/in/set-72157603940580923/
sergeant-person

Location: Paradice City (where the grass is green an the girls are pretty) Status:Hungry

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Master wrote:
Does anyone have set #7626 Jungle Cutter? I'm just wondering what the red twizzler on the back of the vehicle does.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/no_onions/2276632252/in/set-72157603940580923/
You push it in and the engine assembly pops out.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 23 of 24
Jump to: