FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

LEGO Indiana Jones (Official Thread)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zombie Hawk
Undead!

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After seeing the movie, I've also realized how terribly inacurate the sets are. Take for example, the Jungle Duel. You can tell this set was almost completely made up from different parts of the movie:

1- The ants were not in the campsite.
2- Mutt and Irina didn't swordfight in the campsite.
3- There was never a sword rack.
4- The tent is nothing like the ones in the movie.
5- Where are the other characters, like the Soviet soldiers, Mac, and the mentally impared Oxley?

Also, the amphibious vehicle didn't have any green, brown, or tan in the movie. It was completely grey, which is why I'm happy I modified mine.
VamprahDEADDEADDEAD
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although it is my favourite set the temple is the most innacurate, but I don't really give a damn about accuracy, I would of just liked to see more especially the skeletons the whole skeleton is supposed to be crystal and there is supposed to be 13 ali...skeletons And the shape s all wornd and the few step o the spiral staircase dissapointed me greatly
#1. Lego Clone Wars

My Youtube Account
WookieWarrior9

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lieutenant Antilles wrote:
After seeing the movie, I've also realized how terribly inacurate the sets are. Take for example, the Jungle Duel. You can tell this set was almost completely made up from different parts of the movie:

5- Where are the other characters, like the Soviet soldiers, Mac, and the mentally impared Oxley?

Also, the amphibious vehicle didn't have any green, brown, or tan in the movie. It was completely grey, which is why I'm happy I modified mine.

Well we're not goinng to get an "Ant Attack" set, so they threw those in. The sets aren't totally accurate, but that's okay. They had to add in some playability for the kids.

endcreepyminifigfaces.blogspot.com
Captain Ausome

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yah i just saw the movie and now the sets are kinda dissapointuing. Im hoping those were just the teaser sets and well get more sets that are more accurate. I think they could do a cool set from the beggining of the movie so we could get mutts moto-cycle. At least the sets are playable though. Thats good. Rolling Eyes
CaptMaarek

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After watching the movie I think the Sword Rack is supposed to Irna's Case of Swords that Mutt finds. Least thats my guess.

I agree the sets definitely took some liberties to put them together; but since this is being marketed to children, they had to modify some things to make it work in a way that a parent could could buy for their child.

I do think that the Jungle Cutter set was very accurate however. And the accuracy or lack their of for the 7628 set doesn't bother me I'm definitely going to still buy it!

I would have liked to see Mutt's Chopper I thought it looked sweet, and maybe some of the Old Buick cars.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
VamprahDEADDEADDEAD
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WookieWarrior9 wrote:

Well we're not goinng to get an "Ant Attack" set, so they threw those in. The sets aren't totally accurate, but that's okay. They had to add in some playability for the kids.

Exactly my point, look at my signature it says Hardcore Indy fan, thats true, so I don't really think lego did that simply because they needed ants, I think it is because they want to inspire you to make your on ones.

Quote:
Playon

This isnt telling you just to play, It wants you to make your own. I am still gonna make the massive temple of akator but that means I'm still gonna buy the real set Wink
#1. Lego Clone Wars

My Youtube Account
Acyre

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

captain REX wrote:
Wow. Just watched KOTCS and i have to say it was amazing.But LEGO put in the sets some thing's that wern't in the film:
WARNING SPOILER ALERT

1.Irina spalko never cuts through a table
2.there isn't a sword rack
3.Indy and marion never get chased by a russian on a dinghy
4.there were no crocodiles
5.There wasn't a russian sniper in a tree with a net
6.Indy did have a bazooka but there wasn't a secret hideaway, he was on a truck
7.In the temple of akator scene there isn't a russian vehicle
8.the conquistor(sp) isnt in the temple of akator
9.There aren't any dragon heads dropping skulls.
10.Where are Mac and Harold Oxley?

If I recall correctly it takes over a year to design future sets (maybe even longer) taking into account the piece-for-price ratio, new molds and colors as well as design revisions. For previously released movies, this isn't a problem. When it comes to releasing sets to tie in with a new release film on the other hand, time becomes an issue. Filming began for KOTCS in what - August last year? In that time they would've had to come up with a design in time for Toy Fair (in February) and mass produce the product by May. Furthermore, the company wouldn't have seen the film itself. All they would've been given are some sketches, photos and a rough story outline. As a result the final product won't always be as accurate as it's film counterpart. Some examples from other movies:

4856 Doc Ock's Hideout (from Spider-man 2) Included Harry Osborne driving a speedboat in the set. Mary Jane is also wearing an outfit vastly different from the dress in the final film.

7103 Jedi Duel (from AOTC) The crane included in this set was replaced by pipes and debris in the final film.

7162 Republic Gunship (from AOTC) The design for the "rockets" at the top of the gunship is very different to what ended up in the final film. This has been corrected for the 7676 version.

7250 Clone Scout Walker (from ROTS) Used a Clone Trooper with red markings instead of the green Biker Scout.

7261 Clone Turbo Tank (from ROTS) Included Mace Windu (who was never on the planet in the film) a Clone Trooper with a jetpack (who never appeared in the film period) and the green Biker Scout piloting a speeder bike (who should be in the Scout Walker set instead)

On the topic of the dragon heads they were in the Temple of Akator. They may not have dropped skulls but the set is a playset aimed for kids first. Accuracy comes second. It wouldn't be the first time Lego has added a mandatory play feature to a set - accurate or not. Here's a pic of the dragon heads in the film:

http://www.theraider.net/films/indy4/gallery/screens/ij4_04.jpg

As for Mac and Oxley, Lego will get round to them eventually. This is only the first year of the liscence and there are many other characters yet to be made - Toht, Sallah, Mola Ram, Elsa, Short Round, Marcus and Willie to name a few. Also remember the chase scene from the film had not one but two of the River Chase vehicles. Marion was driving one, Mac and Oxley were in the other and Indy and Mutt were switching between the two. I'd give Lego a year, maybe two before they re-release the amphibious vehicle with the new characters and paired with Irina Spalko's jeep from the scene.

And don't forget Lego's slogan - Just Imagine! It's good to encourage the kids to create their own adventures! Wink

Vamprah wrote:
Although it is my favourite set the temple is the most innacurate, but I don't really give a damn about accuracy, I would of just liked to see more especially the skeletons the whole skeleton is supposed to be crystal and there is supposed to be 13 ali...skeletons And the shape s all wornd and the few step o the spiral staircase dissapointed me greatly

I think the reason why the skeletons weren't all crystal was because the plastic would've been too brittle and break easily. Kind of the same reason why we never get transparent minifigures. Plus there's the cost issue.
Thadiator

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seriously couldn't agree with you more, I saw the movie opening night and through out the movie I saw a crap load of mistakes. For example in the 7626 Jungle cutter,

PARTIAL SPOILERS

1. Indy was in a truck not on foot.
2. Mutt, Marion and psycho Oxley were in the scene.
3. The Jungle Cutter had a screen time of about 20 seconds.

Personally all of the sets are completely inaccurate but I will buy some sets for pieces and minifig quality.
ZombieGIR
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think about the playability of Ox though. He just sat around muttering to himself the whole movie. Not too exciting. Would have been neat if we got him with a fabric poncho though.
ZombieFlynn
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My main problem with the KOTCS sets is that Indy's in every single one. Yes, I know he's the main character and that kids want him and all that, but was Luke in every single Star Wars set? No. They should have taken Indy out of the $10.00 set with Irina and Mutt and then added Oxley (And possible a skull).
VamprahDEADDEADDEAD
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flynn wrote:
My main problem with the KOTCS sets is that Indy's in every single one. Yes, I know he's the main character and that kids want him and all that, but was Luke in every single Star Wars set? No. They should have taken Indy out of the $10.00 set with Irina and Mutt and then added Oxley (And possible a skull).

I know but you see,
Indiana Jonesand the Raiders of the Lost Ark
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
Indiana Jonesand the Temple of the Crystal Skull

Wheras

Star Wars - The Phantom Menace
Star Wars - Attack of the Clones
Star Wars - Revenge of the Sith
Star Wars - A New Hope
Star Wars - The Empire Strikes Back
Star Wars - Return of the Jedi

^Is Lukes name In the title, as matter of fact is any characters name in the title^

I rest my case
#1. Lego Clone Wars

My Youtube Account
ZombieFlynn
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, good point. I just think that Indy shouldn't be in every one of the KOTCS sets, mainly because, unlike the other sets, he's not in every single scene that they're depicting, thus he doesn't have to be in all of them. Plus, he's supposed to be at least 20 years older than he was in the OT (and looks it, too), but the minifigure isn't at all different than before.
VamprahDEADDEADDEAD
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flynn wrote:
Okay, good point. I just think that Indy shouldn't be in every one of the KOTCS sets, mainly because, unlike the other sets, he's not in every single scene that they're depicting, thus he doesn't have to be in all of them. Plus, he's supposed to be at least 20 years older than he was in the OT (and looks it, too), but the minifigure isn't at all different than before.

Fair play but keep in mind Indy isn't completely grey, and his stubble is still kinda dark brown and also we haven't seen a hairpiece for him yet so Indy could have grey or blue or red hair and still have a different coloured beard Wink
#1. Lego Clone Wars

My Youtube Account
Jedd the Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I absolutely fell in love with Jungle Duel. It packs so much for the smallest set in the range. However, Antilles, after hearing what you have to say I can't help but feel a wee bit sold out. Still, it was kind enough of Lego to put three main characters in their most affordable set. Also, I'm a little unhappy that they didn't go and make a new Indy head, showing him a little older. I would also love a set which features an Indy fig with glasses on. That'll be fun.

><>
WookieWarrior9

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was a little out of the loop when it came to the Indy line for a bit, but now I'm totally into Indy mania, so did LEGO officially say that they're not going to do any Temple of Doom sets at all? It seems a little hypocritcal to dump it when it comes to the sets, but add it into the video game (as well it should be). I understand the desire to not do the more graphic scenes, but it would be a shame if we didn't get any sets from the movie at all.

Well, I hope they keep this line going. It'd be great to get Marcus Brody and Sallah, not to mention the Flying Wing or the Zepplin.

VamprahDEADDEADDEAD
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WookieWarrior9 wrote:

Well, I hope they keep this line going. It'd be great to get Marcus Brody and Sallah, not to mention the Flying Wing or the Zepplin.

One question:

Was that big airship the Hindenburg?
#1. Lego Clone Wars

My Youtube Account
WookieWarrior9

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vamprah wrote:
WookieWarrior9 wrote:

One question:

No. It blew up in '37, Last Crusade is set in '38.

VamprahDEADDEADDEAD
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WookieWarrior9 wrote:
Vamprah wrote:
WookieWarrior9 wrote:

One question:

No. It blew up in '37, Last Crusade is set in '38.

Thanks dude Smile
#1. Lego Clone Wars

My Youtube Account
jp-30

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WookieWarrior9 wrote:
I was a little out of the loop when it came to the Indy line for a bit, but now I'm totally into Indy mania, so did LEGO officially say that they're not going to do any Temple of Doom sets at all?

No, just for the first wave of "classic" Indy sets they bypassed Temple of Doom. They may visit ToD after the KOCS wave is finished.
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought they said it contained themes that were too dark for the target market of the sets?

I'd love some ToD sets.
ZombieSolo
... eats you all. [zMOD]

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm totally ripping off Chucks flickr page...
sam89
Newshound

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DonSolo wrote:
I'm totally ripping off Chucks flickr page...

. . . who was ripping off FBTB's front page himself Wink
ZombieGIR
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Drools* I want one! At 200 pieces, what could it be? Crystal Skull model? Flying Wing?
bigospedros

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

interesting ... wonder what it will be and/or how ridiculous the price on ebay will be Rolling Eyes

anyways ... I went to the Lego brand store in Brighton (UK) yesterday and they had a nice crystal skull in the window. Worryingly, the staff had no idea a set called "Peril in Peru" was even planned Confused

My Current Lego Collection (thanks Brickset!)
VamprahDEADDEADDEAD
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigospedros wrote:
interesting ... wonder what it will be and/or how ridiculous the price on ebay will be Rolling Eyes

anyways ... I went to the Lego brand store in Brighton (UK) yesterday and they had a nice crystal skull in the window. Worryingly, the staff had no idea a set called "Peril in Peru" was even planned Confused

Well maybe they kinda joined because they liked lego a bit but didn't really know that much about it Wink
#1. Lego Clone Wars

My Youtube Account
Jedd the Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyways, I'll bring the discussion back to the accuracy of the sets, if I may. Movie tie-ins are always tricky, because Lego likely received a thin folder of movie stills and concept art and had to make the rest up themselves long before any actual footage of the movie was available for use. Still, you must admit that the KOTCS sets are all very fun playsets in and of themselves, and are relatively easy to modify to be made more accurate. As for the speculation, I'll go out on a limb and say that it might be Indy's office or classroom. It's what you'd least expect and what hardcore Indy fans most want (at least what I most want).

><>
Gooker1

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GIR3691 wrote:
*Drools* I want one! At 200 pieces, what could it be? Crystal Skull model? Flying Wing?

I think it's limited to 500 sets Wink
WookieWarrior9

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord T wrote:
I thought they said it contained themes that were too dark for the target market of the sets?

Well based on my question in "Ask LEGO," I'm thinking that they haven't said that and it was just a made up rumor. It would be nice if one of the "powers that be" would ask about it the next time they do an interview to set the record straight.

VamprahDEADDEADDEAD
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedd the Jedi wrote:
Anyways, I'll bring the discussion back to the accuracy of the sets, if I may. Movie tie-ins are always tricky, because Lego likely received a thin folder of movie stills and concept art and had to make the rest up themselves long before any actual footage of the movie was available for use. Still, you must admit that the KOTCS sets are all very fun playsets in and of themselves, and are relatively easy to modify to be made more accurate. As for the speculation, I'll go out on a limb and say that it might be Indy's office or classroom. It's what you'd least expect and what hardcore Indy fans most want (at least what I most want).

Look at the sig! Razz

Anways, I am all for the KOTCS sets, I can't wait till I go to america in summer!!
#1. Lego Clone Wars

My Youtube Account
ZombieGIR
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gooker1 wrote:
GIR3691 wrote:

I think it's limited to 500 sets Wink

No way, really? Rolling Eyes I said I want one, doesn't mean I didn't see they're an extremely limited run.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 22 of 24
Jump to: