FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

7660 Naboo N-1 Starfighter and Vulture Droid Review
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Set Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Master Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dWhisper wrote:
1. Now if only there was an easier way to get these figures outside of a $30 set.

2. Building the ship, there are a few frustrating steps. When you attach the side "wings" on the ship, it's really fragile.

3. The Vulture Droid, also known as the "Andrew," is probably the best-built part of this set.

1. I've never had the chance to buy the Naboo Starfighter. This high price is one of the reasons that stops me buying this one. Sad

2. The second reason to save my money. Sure, it's a minor problem but the design makes the wings look very thin. Does this give it a weak design that leads to bits of the wings coming off?

3. The "Andrew"?! Is that a nickname you gave it? ::D:
Olog
Ambassadargh!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Stefan for the pictures and the review, and dWhisper for the more logical approach. I just found out I'll be getting this set pretty soon, and I just checked the parts list on peeron. I have to agree the lack of technic parts is a plus, but for under 300 parts 35 euros is too much! This is the first time I'm excited about the figs, the pilot looks very good, that torso is very useful. And I've never had an R2 before either. I'm also glad to see that the droid arms are black, I need those. And I'm curious about the sand parts, never seen this color before, I wonder if I can include such a limited supply into a moc.
New Clone on the Block

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just bought this on saturday (the same day that I went to the OSU game) and built it that evening. The Naboo starfighter is bigger than it should be, but the Vulture Droid is amazing! I like it much better than the N-1.

Visit the Clone Army Builders Guild -
www.TheCABG.net
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
WookieWarrior9

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just built this set the other day. Overall, it looks great. I'm going to have to fix the R2 area, but aside from that, I think it's a really solid set. The N-1 is one of my all time favorite ships and it would look great next to, oh say, one of Padme's ships. The minifigs were also a great little treat.
Zombiesoup64
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...back from the grave...

I picked this set up on Black Friday, and I absolutely love swooshing it around. The regular price is a little steep, but it's worth it for hours of running around making swoosh noises.

Overall 8.5/10

[quote="Rook"]Can they hire someone who can at least build a ship with a windshield. Idiots.
[/quote]
Falcon Man

Location: In a tree. Species: Human, I think. Cheese: Wait, what?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I modded mine slightly so there isn't such a big gaping hole where the missle comes out. I took a hinge and stuck a 2x8 plate and put a 2x2 circle plate and stuck it on the opposite end of the hinge. When you fire the missle, the hinge opens and it looks alot better.
Duck

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got this set, and the review was spot on.

I like it, the Vulture Droid is okay, I hated the amount of stickers and the attachment to the stairway makes it slope at an angle, and to put it plainly: looks terrible.

I also got the mis-printed box where on the back it shows the " Jedi starfighter and hyperdrive ring" as set number " 7660 , same as the N-1.
Back after an absence, had my GCSE's. I missed it.
Zombiesoup64
Undead!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just didn't put the stickers on. It looks perfectly fine without them

[quote="Rook"]Can they hire someone who can at least build a ship with a windshield. Idiots.
[/quote]
Duck

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nor did I, but I don't like the use of them for the front 'guns' on the N-1!
Back after an absence, had my GCSE's. I missed it.
ZombieSolo
... eats you all. [zMOD]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll bump this for etcknight who's been having trouble figuring out the right place to ask this: Which version of the N-1 do you think is the most movie accurate?
Elite

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DonSolo wrote:
I'll bump this for etcknight who's been having trouble figuring out the right place to ask this: Which version of the N-1 do you think is the most movie accurate?

I own all 3 incarnations of the N-1, and I think the most movie accurate would be the 10026 (UCS) Special Edition Naboo Starfighter, just because it is chrome, unlike the others. However, this set is very difficult to get nowadays and often quite expensive.

I think the oldest one looks horrible compared to the other 2, but I think most of the older sets look a lot worse than their remakes.

My favourite of the 3 has to be the recently released 7660 Naboo Starfighter, although there's not much diffirence between the two. It has a lot more playability included (although I don't play with my lego, but display it), due to the Vulture Droid included as well.

As for swooshability, both are equal, and is a display model the 10026 would definitely win.
Member #3590

My Brickshelf
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Set Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: