FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Millenium Falcoln frieghter contest

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Contests and Community Builds!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
strwrs429

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 8:12 pm    Post subject: Millenium Falcoln frieghter contest Reply with quote

Sure the Millenium Falcoln is one of Star War's greatest ships, but it is barely holding together. Build a frieghter that can beat the millenium falcolns 12 parsecs to kessel that can hold a 6212 X-Wing fighter in its cargo bay. Specific rules are Cargo bay doors ( so the x-wing can get in and out), a Cocpit that can hold 4 crew members, no bigger than 5ft by 6ft(if you really feel like going that big) and everything else is pretty much up to you. If someone feels like sponsoring a prize for this contest that would be great Rolling Eyes . I'm probably guessing some moderators will pop in and out of this so just be nice like usuall. Just for reassurance pm me when you enter this contest.
Hoping to see some intresting models,
Strwrs429
Xeta

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You got a MOD to approve it?
strwrs429

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure about if the moderator has to approve the contest but i asked one for permission just in case
strwrs429

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure about if the moderator has to approve the contest but i asked one for permission just in case
TurkGuy19
Anime Figure Flickr Floodr

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

strwrs429 wrote:

Ace wrote:
1) Starting A Contest
Anyone wishing to hold a contest MUST send me a PM with the contest details. Once approved, you may start your contest thread. Contests that have not been pre-approved will be deleted.

Yes, you do need permission.
... eats you all. [zMOD]

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, spelling it right might garner more interest. Wink
Mc Duck

Location: Planet Spaceball!! (for the Mel Brooks fans) Occupation: Shrubber

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds interesting; i'm definately in if it's been aproved
Mc Duck

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

woh woh woh!!!!! Triple posts?!?!?! please delete (if time can be found)
Mc Duck

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wreched double posts!! please delet (if time an be found)

Last edited by Mc Duck on Wed May 16, 2007 2:05 am; edited 2 times in total
Olog
Ambassadargh!

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a few reasons why I don't agree with this contest:

The x-wing contest hasn't ended yet.

It's poorly organized. You have to think about how you'll get some prizes in for the contest, if not, just make it a group project. The rules and guidelines should be clearer and not so strict in some cases.

There already is an idea for a future contest, the one with the podracers, the least you could have done is posted a thread asking opinions about your idea.

And most important, ..judging by the few guidelines you provided, a lot of people with smaller collections, or people who don't have the x-wing will be in a disadvantage. What you're talking about would be bigger than the models from the UCS contest.

I'd suggest you re-think the entire idea. Honestly, be more original than this.
ZOMGpire!

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olog is right. Your contest needs to be planned and though out a little more methinks.

And there are actually more than one contest currently approved and ready to go according to Collin. Hence why you need to get your contest approved by the admins BEFORE going public with it.

Bricklink | Brickshelf | QuéLUG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
ThePlasticJedi
Maple Leaf Defender

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But ThePlasticJedi got to host a contest!

Razz

Ok, so I got to hold a contest, but it wasn't easy. Though it may not appear, I was working on fine tuning that contest for the better part of a year, not the better part of 5 minutes. The most important thing is to organize your contest properly. Take time to figure out if you have the proper limitations, guidelines, Star Wars theme, and if you have a contest in which almost any MOCer's collection could do. Then, once you have it as perfect as you can make it, PM it to a staff member. Have him/her look it over and give you any tips on what you may have missed, or whether or not your grammar and spelling are correct. Then he/she will discuss it with the rest of the staff members and perhaps yours will be approved and given a date when it can begin and end. To better prepare yourself for creating a contest rough draft, look over the previous contests, see what rules they have and what the members still had questions about. When you go the whole nine yards, it really becomes a great contest.

TPJ

Chew them out and spit them up. It's the way of the Nooblet.
Clone Commander Bacara

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow good bye thread and if this contest were approved then I dont think many people would enter. Do you have any idea how hard it would be to build a ship that has a hanger bay that fits an X-wing in Shocked

DLF Join Today
Yuummm.....Chicken Fried Steak, I'm glad I don't have arteries - Ray Wise
Pepa Quin
The Falconer

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clone Commander Bacara wrote:
Do you have any idea how hard it would be to build a ship that has a hanger bay that fits an X-wing in Shocked

Yes. Wink
Big Z
Undead!

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strwrs429, I'm sorry, but I'm gonna have to lock this for now. If you would like to retry holding this contest, please send me a private message with explicitly detailed rules and regulations. Please be aware that there are other contests in the pipeline, so if we do yours, it will be much later on down the line.

Or, you could just go over to the MOCs forum and rename this as a "group project." Your choice. Smile

Flickr <•> Big C's Blog
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Contests and Community Builds! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: