FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Not-Quite Great Debate (A FBTBCNN Production)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> FBTB Election 2007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darth Duck
Local Quack

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:37 pm    Post subject: The Not-Quite Great Debate (A FBTBCNN Production) Reply with quote

Darth Duck: Hello, I am Darth Duck, award winning host of FBTBCNN and long time member of the FBTB community. As such it is my duty to moderated tonight's debate. Our debating candidates are: Scitvs, CommanderJake, ThePlasticJedi, joedward (and the Ficus), Junsier, DonSolo and copyright. There may be celebrity appearences through out the event. Let the madness begin.

By drawing lots our first question goes to CommanderJake: what is your policy on new members, or noobs?

CJ: My campaign is all about making every day a holiday. This means not getting up at 5am, not going to work, not worrying about finances and not staying up until midnight making fiddly propaganda on a computer. This also means jetting off to any destination you wish, on a plane which is perfectly suited to your needs and comforts, bathing in the n00b-free surroundings of paradise, surrounded by gorgeous hotties (NOT Canadian, I might add) and spending time however you wish. And when you get back, you can do it all over again, anytime, anywhere! With Jake in command, we will make FBTB a bright, sunny place full of bright, sunny Bothans. Vote for the community. Vote for Jake: The people's choice.

DD: Thank you for your non-answer answer.

CJ: I answer it you bloody...

DD: Quiet you. Next up ThePlasticJedi. Do you have anything going for you other than being Candian?

PJ: I am a superhero who bears the Maple Leaf, I will protect the forums from devistation. Being a Canadian, I know how to rule the forums with greatness. Let the forums' enemies feel the oppression of the Maple Leaf. ThePlasticJedi-The CanEh?dian Choice!

DD: I guess not. joedward, you formad an alliance with a potted plant (not a pot plant) why?

jo: The Ficus and I share a common goal – a stronger, more unified FBTB community, led by sane individuals. Together the we wish to bring an amazing year to FBTB. The Ficus and I are both upstanding members of this community with strong ties to many members. I bring many good things to the table – friendliness and humor, as well as a certain British charm and I am known to almost all members as a great contributor to this community. The Ficus promises stability, honesty, and good old down-to-Earth qualities. Ficus has never uttered an unkind word, does not pretend to be something it is not, and cares about the environment.

DD: 'kay then. Scitvs, wassup?

Sci: FBTB is a great place. Unfortunately it is harassed by spammer barbarians, and is plagued with misguided and uninformed newcomers. S.P.Q.R intends to defend the populace from spammers, and give the new guys a helping hand, and guidance in the right direction. FBTB shall not become from 'From Brick To Barbarians' on our watch. I shall stress integrity, honor, and discipline in all that my party does. For that, is the Roman way.

DD: copyright, do these pants make my hips look big?

cr: I am a 7 year member of FBTB and have been around the block a few times. I have seen the best and worst of FBTB, and I know how to make it better. Beyond promoting the continued zaniness of the forums, I have three serious goals I will work toward if I am chosen as mayor: First coordinate with site administrators to plan special activity threads for the BCS. Second, establish an FBTB News Corps, made up of members who will help find front page news for FBTB and then decide on what news is worthy to post. The leader of the News Corps will forward those news items to Ace/Ry/whoever. Third (and final), coordinate with members to pick a worthy multinational non-profit cause and organize an FBTB fund raiser so we at FBTB can make a difference. Copyright is your copyRIGHT choice for mayor!

DD: Wow, if you didn't want to answer you could've said so. DonSolo one word campaign summary. 1,2,3 go!

DS: Now, if I had to sum up my platform in one word, it would be fun. But thankfully, I can elaborate! We have all come to this forum for a few common interests: Star Wars and LEGO. But be honest: it's the community that kept you here. I think it's important that this community continues to thrive, that new members feel welcome, and that the veterans feel at home. That's why fun is the focus of our party - we want everyone, old or new, CanEh?dian or Rebel, to have a good time... and we're here to help out anywhere we can. A vote for the All Night Party is a vote for a fun and friendly FBTB for everyone.

DD: That was more than one word. Junsier, you claim to be a rebel, yet you're running for teh establishment, aren't you a hypocrite?

Jun: Are you tired of the same-old same-old? Do you want to live again? Were you born to live under the boot of oppression, or to run wild and free? Well, it is time to rise up, my friends! It is time to make a difference, time to be unique! Time to show the world, and especially all of FBTB forums, that you will not live anonymously, unnoticed and unappreciated! Because you are not meant to be anyone else, you were meant to be YOU! Join Junsier and the rest of the Rebel Party, and together, we will cry out our right for freedom! And if you don't plan on voting for us, well, we'll just terrorize you until you do...

DD: Terrorize, I like that in this day and age.

CJ: Can I ask a question?

DD: No, but if you write it down, I will ask it for you.

CJ: Okay. (Hands DD a piece of paper)

DD: ThePlasticJedi, isn't it true that William Shatner, the star of Star Trek, is Candian?

William Shatner: I can answer that: I. Am. Canadian.

CJ: How can you love Star Wars with him around?

PJ: But Patrick Stewart is British!

CJ: So is Alec Guiness!

PJ: Canada has Elisha Cuthbert!

Jun: The Rebels have Princess Liea, and her metal bikini.

CJ: Drats.

PJ: You got me there.

cr: I like Abe Lincoln.

Sci: In know this isn't a poular opinion, but Cleopatra was pretty hot.

DS: She was married to her brother!

cr: Hot, I mean, ew.

jo: Wow, just wow copyright.

cr: I take it back, it's wrong!

jo: You need help.

Sci: If elected I declare war on you two. Inter arma enim silent leges.

jo: Huh?

Sci: Learn some Latin, pvnk.

DD: Guys, guys, knock it off. Who would win in a fight, Abe Lincoln or Bigfoot?

jo: I'd say Paddy, but he's a lover, not a fighter. And Abe Lincoln is, in fact, Big Foot's brother. There would never be a real fight between them, rendering the question void. Sorry. (Paddy FTW!)

Sci: Honest Abe!

CJ: Collin. Because he's hairier than both.

Cello Collin: Oh come on, that's not fair, you know I lost my razor.

PJ: Big Foot, me and him grew up together up here in Canada and he is one tough cookie.

Jun: Although Abe was a unique individual, Big Foot is way more unique and different, so therefore, the Sasquash would definetly win this. He's not a man, not a bear, not an ape... he's different an unique, just like a real rebel... Oh! and Daz says that Big Foot is probably Canadian, and everyone knows Canadians are the strongest.

PJ: Hey, you stole my Candi(a/e)n schitck!

DS: Well, that all depends on the type of fight... if you're talking hand to hand, bare chest brawl; I think Big Foot would tear Abe apart. But if you're going to toss a knife in the mix then my money's on ol' Honest Abe - he's a wiry chap and Bigfoot'd be down before the bell rang. In fact, I wouldn't put "Honest" Abe past a dirty move or two... I mean, he's libel to bring the knife in either case - so that's who my money would be on. Lincoln ftw.

cr: Well, lets compare the two. Abe Lincoln: big, tall, and hairy. Bigfoot: big, tall, and hairier. Abe Lincoln, actually if you didn't know, was half sasquatch, and bigfoot was his daddy. Since bigfoot is more sasquatch than Abe, well he would probably win (because sasquatch pwn) but because Abe is his son, he would never fight him. Abe on the other hand, if he had a vendetta against dear ole dad, could just send the whole of th Union Army after him. I'd say Abe would win!

William Shatner: I would. Beat. Them both. You want to live like common people? You want to do whatever common people do? KHAAAAAAAAAN! I have tribbles on my head.

DD: You're not supposed to be here Mr. Shatner.

WS: I'll go. KHAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan

DD: Anyways. It seems that this is all we have time for, and the election starts tomorrow, at some point, and will run until next Saturday. More information will be available tomorrow. And with that. I'm Darth Duck, and now, a word from our sponsor.

Sponsor: I know the urge is tempting, but don't give in. You have to stregth to beat this. You can overcome.
ZombieSolo
... eats you all. [zMOD]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

::D:
ThePlasticJedi
Maple Leaf Defender

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The trouble with tribbles... ::D:

That was great Ducky, I laughed > once Razz

Quote:
DD: Quiet you. Next up ThePlasticJedi. Do you have anything going for you other than being Candian?

PJ: I am a superhero who bears the Maple Leaf, I will protect the forums from devistation. Being a Canadian, I know how to rule the forums with greatness. Let the forums' enemies feel the oppression of the Maple Leaf. ThePlasticJedi-The CanEh?dian Choice!

DD: I guess not.

ROFL!

TPJ

Chew them out and spit them up. It's the way of the Nooblet.
Jargon

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I now know that I am definitely voting for none other than . . .

William Shatner!
    - Aaron

Andrew wrote:
You're the dead cat of love
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Dazombie
ZOMGpire!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain Kirk FTW!

::D: ::D: ::D:

That was pretty good. Too bad Junsier's answer for the beauty pageant contest wasn't used... I was pretty proud of that one...

Bricklink | Brickshelf | QuéLUG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Fett

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was..........amusing. I was hoping this would make me laugh, since my vote is still unclaimed....

Great job though.

Fett
JayfoZombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DonSolo wrote:

Everyone knows hands down, Lincon would win against Bigfoot. Also, William Shatner supports TPJ, he totally comes before Alec Guiness, Leia and Cleopatra. Wink
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TPJ will get a SUPER vote since he's got the Shatenator on his side.
Brute

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All lies! Everyone knows that Ronald Mcdonald could kill all including aba and big foot with his unhealthy large portions of fried food and arch of doom. Anyways that was really funny and WS came over to my house after you guys made him leave. He's crying under the couch.
Yarns87

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty funny, DD.
Praetor Nerdivs

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha! That's great DD!

In my name Darth Duck wrote:
Pvnk

...and he wrote:
Inter arma enim silent leges

Haha. Thanks for the laughs!

><>
Memory

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is great! How much did you have to improvise?
ZombieD1
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job. I laughed out loud a few times reading it. ::D:
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:17 am    Post subject: Re: The Not-Quite Great Debate (A FBTBCNN Production) Reply with quote

Duckie:
Great job, as usual. ::D:

~

Quote:
PJ: Canada has Elisha Cuthbert!

Damn straight we do. Razz With deep, thoughtful answers like that, you can see why TPJ is leading in the latest polls. The Eh? Party is clearly not afraid to tackle the tough issues! Wink

~

On a serious note, i particularly moved by what The Ficus had to say on the matter of hightened security here at FBTB...

Quote:
Ficus: *rustles leaves*

I think he swayed a lot of voters with that answer.
Vidzombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did all of you actually read all that?
Okay, I did too...
Uh... Vote Junsier!

Flickr

Last edited by conan on Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:29 pm; edited 4 times in total
babyjawa

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vidgamer838 wrote:
Uh... Vote Junsier!

Uh... Why would we want to do that?

Wink
Kaiba

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

::D: ::D: ::D:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loving "my" comment about Collin's state of affhairs!!! I hesitate to add this, but is it true? Wink

And yes, it was just brilliant... ::D: ::D: ::D:
The Jinja Zombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CommanderJake wrote:
Loving "my" comment about Collin's state of affhairs!!! I hesitate to add this, but is it true? Wink

That would be my comment!

Bravo, Darth Duck, another hilarious manipulation of people's comments taken completely out of context ::D: !

TJN..

If you really like fish, put this in your sig: ><>
TheCobra1

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, awesome interview, DD! Very Happy

Cleopatra was Egyptian. Who likes Egyptians anyway? They're like... born of sand. Scitvs PRO PRAETOR!!!
I am a Jedi Master. Feel free to bribe me VIA PM.
Scitvs
Praetor Nerdivs

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah almost, note the almost, conquered Rome through seduction. Thank goodness for Octavius!

><>

Last edited by Scitvs on Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
TheCobra1

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait... Cleopatra was actually mostly Greek. Okay, I guess that's better. Thank goodness for Alexander III. Wink
Scitvs
Praetor Nerdivs

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha. Actually not even Greek. Macedonian....

><>
TheCobra1

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Greco-Macedonian.

http://homeboynet.wordpress.com/2007/02/11/ancient-egypt-was-cleopatra-a-black-woman/
Scitvs
Praetor Nerdivs

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, yeah. Alex was a 'donian, and her father was a Greek, who was a 'donian general... It's so convoluted... Idea

><>
Zedsier
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stop spamming about Rome.
Praetor Nerdivs

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Junsier wrote:
Stop spamming about Rome.

Dear Juns,

Please do assimilate Rome to Græco-Macedon in such a negative manner again.

Thanks,

Sci

Evil or Very Mad

><>
Zedsier
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys do realize you're completely off topic and spamming, right? Even if I am associating Rome with Greco-Macecon-Sparta-Scitvs-Pararaetot-IlovesciTvs anything.
Praetor Nerdivs

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But by simply pointing out this fact you're off topic. Wink

Back on topic:

Good post Duck!

><>
Zedsier
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But in essence we are debating in this post, so I still win. And you are not a Roman emporer.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> FBTB Election 2007 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: