FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Important Announcement from Ficus and Joedward

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> FBTB Election 2007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
timborino
Keeper o' the Shrub

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:34 pm    Post subject: Important Announcement from Ficus and Joedward Reply with quote

Citizens of FBTB!

It is my pleasure to announce the formal coalition of the Ficus and Joedward as co-mayor candidates of FBTB.

As soon as Ficus realized that both Joedward and Ficus were striving toward the same goals – a stronger, more unified FBTB community, led by sane individuals who both rose above the bickering of less qualified candidates – both parties quickly moved to form a coalition. Together the two wish to bring an amazing year to FBTB.

You may be one of the many individuals torn between friendships and party alliances. We have these words for you: You don't have to give up either. The Ficus and Joedward are both upstanding members of this community with strong ties to many members. Any old member will surely remember good times had with both and many newer members will quickly recognize their faces as involved and friendly contributors to our outstanding home we affectionately call FBTB.

Joedward brings many good things to the table – friendliness and humor, as well as a certain British charm and is known to almost all members as a great contributor to this community. The Ficus promises stability, honesty, and good old down-to-Earth qualities. Ficus has never uttered an unkind word, does not pretend to be something it is not, and cares about the environment. Never in many years (two) have two more qualified candidates joined forces like this.

So when the time comes to make a decision, to choose between many interesting candidates all aspiring to a noble goal, just remember the honest ones – The Joedward/Ficus coalition.

Very respectfully,
-timborino, Campaign Manager

I see what you did there
ZombieSolo
... eats you all. [zMOD]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's great and all, but why exactly did it require you to break the first rule Austin laid out in the FAQ?

Austin wrote:
1. WOAH HOLY CRAP A NEW FORUM!!!1!
Yes, holy crap a new forum exclamation marks and ones. This forum is for the FBTB Mayor election only. Please, unless you're an election official, don't start threads in this forum. Feel free to respond and post in them, of course, but leave the thread starting to the pros so we can keep everything nice and neat.

People of FBTB, how can you possibly trust a coalition that can't even remember a simple rule? Wink

Just curious...

Last edited by ZombieSolo on Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Memory

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that your choice to join together is a good one; Ficus and Joedward indeed have much in common. I wish you the best of luck in the election!
ZombieSolo
... eats you all. [zMOD]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel the need to point out that this little announcement isn't as innocent as it's made out to be. Shocked

Joedward is touted as one of the few who "rose above the bickering of less qualified candidates" - and yet you can all see for yourselves in the officially sanctioned campaign thread that he's made several direct attacks, on myself personaly and the Rebel party as well! (See for yourself!) Now, I'm not saying that he's a bad candidate... quite the contray in fact (personally, I think he's a great guy. As is the Ficus - 'cept, you know, he's a tree)... I just want to make sure that the good people of FBTB aren't going to get tricked into yet another platform that starts off based on lies.

Wink
Dazombie
ZOMGpire!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

** Ladies and gentlemen, Mister Hoo, campaign manager of the Rebel Party **

Ladies and gentlemen, I would first like to say that our esteem adversary, Mister DonSolo, is once again failed by the incompetence of his support team and forced to do the dirty work himself.

Nonetheless, he makes a good point concerning Joedward.

But we, at the Rebel Party, would like to point out that the Ficus isn't without flaws either. In fact, we may have just witnessed the biggest flip-flop in the history of FBTB elections, as just a few days ago, the Ficus was openly throwing its support towards the Rebel Party.

So really, ask yourselves : do you really want to be governed by people who change their minds as often as this?

Bricklink | Brickshelf | QuéLUG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
RebelZombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Ficus and Joedward really believed they were strong contenders, there would be no need to team up for this waste of the taxpayer dollars. Already, Joedward has shown himself to represent diminished morals on these forums. As for the Ficus, we just don't know where he stands on the issues that are important to the forum members. Its questionable at the very least.

Its just another example of cheap publicity stunts to try and round up a few straggling votes. Remember Ralph Nader? This is attempting to take away from the strong running of the two major contenders: DonSolo and whoever that other guy is.

Wink
Logan Starfire

Location: somewhere in the Metro New York area... Currently: Contemplating stuff...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daz Hoo wrote:
Ladies and gentlemen, I would first like to say that our esteem adversary, Mister DonSolo, is once again failed by the incompetence of his support team and forced to do the dirty work himself.

Glad to know you think so highly of us, Mr. Esteemed Absentee Adversary.

Please send any more compliments postage paid to the DSFM headquarters. We'll even take your collect calls.
ZombieSolo
... eats you all. [zMOD]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daz Hoo, (not the one actually running for Mayor - that
'd be Junsier if you've forgotten already) wrote:
It's all a simple matter really... what Daz and the Rebel Party he's piloting perceives as "dirty work" is simply the key issues that his candidate fears to address. I've said it before, and I'll say it again: I'm not afraid to say what needs to be said - and that's probably why mine was the eighth nomination that got me in this race, not the first. Wink
Joedward
Hoover

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DonSolo wrote:
(See for yourself!)
Wink

1st one, I didn't approve that one.
2nd one, hands up, I thought it was funny
3rd one, no so much bashing the Rebels, more Lindsey Lohan - then comaparing to Scarlett Johansson Very Happy

And thiis coalition has nothing to do with weakness. The Ficus needs someone to channel his/hers/its views, and I need something to brighten up my bedroom Wink
And the Ficus support for the Rebel party was a momentary blip as they showed they care for the environment and tulips Confused

It seems to me that yuou guys are just trying to cause problems Razz
ZombieSolo
... eats you all. [zMOD]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joedward wrote:
1st one, I didn't approve that one....

It seems to me that you guys are just trying to cause problems Razz

Didn't approve it? You posted it! ::D: You need to get your story straigh bub... Wink

And please don't mistake our purpose here, we're simply pointing our small flaws to aid people's decisions. It's all for the people.
Icezombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just witnessed the biggest thread-crapping in FBTB history...

Seriously get a gorram life guys... leave the tree alone. Rolling Eyes Evil or Very Mad

You all make me sick... Confused

Joke. :p
ZombieSolo
... eats you all. [zMOD]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey now, if the tree didn't want this scandal, he could have just stuck with his standard "stay on he sidelines" campaign style... Cool
ThePlasticJedi
Maple Leaf Defender

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great news guys! Bring it on!

Chew them out and spit them up. It's the way of the Nooblet.
timborino
Keeper o' the Shrub

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allow me to answer some questions directed at the recent announcement.

DonSolo wrote:
That's great and all, but why exactly did it require you to break the first rule Austin laid out in the FAQ?

Austin wrote:
1. WOAH HOLY CRAP A NEW FORUM!!!1!
Yes, holy crap a new forum exclamation marks and ones. This forum is for the FBTB Mayor election only. Please, unless you're an election official, don't start threads in this forum. Feel free to respond and post in them, of course, but leave the thread starting to the pros so we can keep everything nice and neat.

People of FBTB, how can you possibly trust a coalition that can't even remember a simple rule? Wink

First off, I won't pretend that I did not break this rule. But further investigation leads another question:

Who is an "election official"? It appears Austin is the only "official" official. Most other threads were incorporated into this subforum and were started before this rule was announced. Also, it should be noted that Darth Gundam is not an election official, nor is Darth Duck, and no "election official" has spoken against this, rendering the rule virtually void.

Daz Hoo wrote:
But we, at the Rebel Party, would like to point out that the Ficus isn't without flaws either. In fact, we may have just witnessed the biggest flip-flop in the history of FBTB elections, as just a few days ago, the Ficus was openly throwing its support towards the Rebel Party.

So really, ask yourselves : do you really want to be governed by people who change their minds as often as this?

Mr. Hoo, it can hardly be called a "flip-flop" to say that one candidate agrees with another. There is no other evidence to show that the Ficus ever supported the Rebel party in the way you suggest. There has been no flip-flopping.

As a side note, it should be noted that the Ficus and Joedward reserve the right to change their minds on issues as certain issues progress. (This does not suggest that they have changed their minds on anything or that they plan to.)

RebelRock wrote:
If the Ficus and Joedward really believed they were strong contenders, there would be no need to team up for this waste of the taxpayer dollars.

A strawman? No citizen of FBTB is required to pay taxes to make this election happen. Indeed, both Joedward and Ficus believe themselves to be strong candidates with similar stances of issues of community. Yes, we did form a coalition to bring together the vote of those who agreed with us because splitting the vote would mean that everyone loses. It's the same reason why in US elections the main parties rarely nominate two candidates who represent the same whole.

I see what you did there
ZombieSolo
... eats you all. [zMOD]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

timborino wrote:
Allow me to answer some questions directed at the recent announcement.
Good man, way to handle a couple smartaces like us! Very Happy

timborino wrote:
First off, I won't pretend that I did not break this rule. But further investigation leads another question:

Who is an "election official"? It appears Austin is the only "official" official. Most other threads were incorporated into this subforum and were started before this rule was announced. Also, it should be noted that Darth Gundam is not an election official, nor is Darth Duck, and no "election official" has spoken against this, rendering the rule virtually void.
Austin stated in that very thread that Darth Duck is the only member of the "election committee" and that he's not any way directly involved in the electoral process - but as a mod his powers obviously supersede the rule as he needs to be able to keep he peace. All threads not started by DD or a mod have been moved here from another area (save the one by Darth Gundam, who cleared it with Darth Duck first). So it seems the "officials" are clear - though even if they hadn't been, we all very well know who isn't one (ie you, me, or any other member involved with a campaign). Wink
Zedsier
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may not be an election official, but I am Ace.

Location: somewhere in the Metro New York area... Currently: Contemplating stuff...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You meant "Ace" with two S's, correct?

Just kidding... that was actually very funny.. ::D:
Zedsier
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha-ha-ha.

I'm insulted.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lies.
Zedsier
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got me.
Lazy Hippy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daz Hoo wrote:

Ladies and gentlemen, I would first like to say that our esteem adversary, Mister DonSolo, is once again failed by the incompetence of his support team and forced to do the dirty work himself

Gee thanks, now I feel like a mega dick for not having photoshop or a working computer for a few days there. Wink

-Jordan

Enigma? Flickr? Word...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ZombieSolo
... eats you all. [zMOD]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

::D: Simma down! Simma down!
RebelZombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enigma, do you feel like a mega Richard or a mega private investigator? Wink
Logan Starfire

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he actually meant Tracy.
ZombieSolo
... eats you all. [zMOD]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He sure did Logan!

RebelZombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked

::D:
Logan Starfire

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the gears just keep turning... Wink
Zombie Austin
OSHI-! [zMOD]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll allow this thread as an exception. But since it was just an announcement and not a discussion... Wink
ZombieSolo
... eats you all. [zMOD]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

::D: Thanks Oz... I was hoping you didn't stop in to ban me for that horrible visual pun.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> FBTB Election 2007 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: