FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Special edition Snowspeeder....

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Star Wars MOCs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dibal

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:41 pm    Post subject: Special edition Snowspeeder.... Reply with quote

This is the special edition of the Snowspeeder from Episode V TESB.

I used Hasbro and Galoob's toys as general guides, and photos from Chronicles and MR's prop for detail reference. The size of the model is about 25 cm in length and 20 cm in width.

The gallery for the Snowspeeder is here and I welcome any comment and suggestion. Thanx!!!

Last edited by Dibal on Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Icezombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Pretty nice! (finally something that isn't overstacked with orange) Im liking that solution for the front which is pretty much like mine for my regular one. Nice work...

Iceman®
ThePaleMan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This rocks! Only minor crits from me. I think maybe the cannona are a hair toolong. I love the nose end as well. Nice Job tith that. And the cockpit at 5 studs wide is also nice, it's just a shame that the cockpit sides don't taper from 4 at the top to five at the bottom. I also love that the top and bottom rear flaps are functional. Great work there. ANd the cockpit interior is nice as well.

TPM
Legostein
MINI Master

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello there!

A very nice snowspeeder collection you have there! Your new speeder is a very good design, being settled between UCS and system scale, right? For minifigs it's too large. Maybe for technic figs it would be perfect. Very nice interior detail and very original use of wedges and wings for the front section!

Good job,

~ Chris
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
guybrush

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good work on the front end and the guns, although I have to agree with reto about the bley.

Nice work on the interior. Making it an odd # of studs wide was a good call.
Flail

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent work! Smile

I love the interior, the seats are great! I also like the detail under the air brakes, very cool. The guns are great as well.

You've really captured the look of the ship very accurately.
Dibal

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iceman, PaleMan, Legostein, warhawk, guybrush, and Flail - Thank your for your supports on this special edition snowspeeder, I'm glad that you like it. Having different scales of toys really helped me on making this model. Personally I only hope that I could find a light grey 4*4 hinge car roof for the top of the cockpit, too bad only the white one is available from Lego....Smile

To warhawk: the part I used to seal off the space behind the two windscreen pieces is the 3*4*1&1/3 windscreen from the original 7130 Snowspeeder. I was messing with the available windscreen parts for the cockpit and luckily found these pieces. The 5*2*1&2/3 windscreens had the angle that I wanted and 3*4*1&1/3 windscreen perfectly sealed off the gap behind them. Hope this helps.

Regarding the old dark grey and new dark blue, I have to admit that I did not pay much attention to them when I used them - I did not realize the color contrast until I saw the pictures....thank you guys again for the suggestions!!! Smile
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Star Wars MOCs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: