FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Elections FAQ -- Please Read
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> FBTB Election 2007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zombie Austin
OSHI-! [zMOD]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:12 am    Post subject: Elections FAQ -- Please Read Reply with quote

1. WOAH HOLY CRAP A NEW FORUM!!!1!
Yes, holy crap a new forum exclamation marks and ones. This forum is for the FBTB Mayor election only. Please, unless you're an election official, don't start threads in this forum. Feel free to respond and post in them, of course, but leave the thread starting to the pros so we can keep everything nice and neat.

2. When do the elections start?
The election committee will let you know. Don't announce your candidacy, ask for running mates, campaign or do ANYTHING ELSE until you're notified it's the correct time and the appropriate thread appears. In past years, premature campaigners have experienced severe setbacks from starting too early. If you already have, it's fine -- just stop now and you'll be OK.

3. What is the FBTB Mayor?
The population-elected mayor of FBTB. They have no actual responsibilities or things to do. This is why some candidates have a busy mayorship and some can't actually find anything to do. Anything the mayor does is self-initiated, including 'FBTB Town Meetings' where concerns are voiced. If you can't think of anything original to bring to the table, don't run.

4. What will the Mayor win?
Win's not the appropriate word. After reviewing the situation, it has been decided NO TITLE OR AVATAR will be handed out to the winner. Those running should thus be doing so for the love of the community and not for any popularity or status.

5. Are there any specific rules?
Yes -- Don't campaign, announce or do ANYTHING until notified it's time to do so. Don't spill election stuff into other threads or outside the Election forum. Signatures are fine, but that's it. Message content outside of election threads should not have anything to do with campaigning. Sending mass private messages is STRONGLY discouraged, as it's considered spamming and will most likely net you a warning.

Most important: Do not post election stuff outside of this forum. Severe consequences will haunt anybody testing this.

Any questions (and questions only), please post here.
ZombieSolo
... eats you all. [zMOD]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, where exactly do we stand now... everything's on hold 'till the end of the nomination stage, yes? No starting any threads required yet?

Just for reference, here's what Daz posted on the election timeline...
Daz Hoo wrote:
For those who weren't here during the last election, here are a few links to help you understand what the process is.

Phase one : you have to be nominated by a number of fellow FBTBers [March 12-19]
http://www.fbtbforums.net/viewtopic.php?t=11930

Phase two : those who got nominated get to run their campaign
http://www.fbtbforums.net/viewtopic.php?t=12131

Phase three : candidates confirm their place on the ballot
http://www.fbtbforums.net/viewtopic.php?t=12668

Phase four : people vote
http://www.fbtbforums.net/viewtopic.php?t=12865
That's all pretty standard, yes? (I'm wearing my serious pants right now.)
Zombie Austin
OSHI-! [zMOD]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not entirely on hold. Nominations can still continue to go on, and I'll start a thread for miscellaneous discussion about the elections. But yeah, until you hear from one of the election officials, no starting new threads. Ideally speaking, I imagine we'll probably be able to make good use of a new forum; for instance, individual threads for candidates to campaign in (please, don't start your own thread, we'll take care of that).

So yeah, just proceed with business as usual. When the next phases begin, you'll surely know. I (or another staff member) will remove the Announcement from each of the 'current' threads and put it on the new most important thread, so it should be pretty easy to follow, unlike this post.
ZombieSolo
... eats you all. [zMOD]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

10-4
Jargon

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question: Will this forum remain after the election?
If not, will there be some way of looking back through these threads?
    - Aaron

Andrew wrote:
You're the dead cat of love
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Zombie Austin
OSHI-! [zMOD]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The future status of this forum is up in the air, but the threads will certainly still be around somewhere, even if they just get transferred back to the Community.
Zombie Sillyus
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Elections FAQ -- Please Read Reply with quote

A trio of questions* for the powers that be:

Austin wrote:
2. When do the elections start?
The election committee will let you know.

1) Will the members of this "election commitee" be made public?*

[I could probably take a good guess who they are, (Duckie, Austin, & Blocky?) but maybe these special people should be named to avoid any unnecessary PMs being sent? Like, right now if i had a really serious & somewhat personal question about the election & its process, i might hesitate to post it here publicly. As an FBTB veteran i would be naturally more inclined to contact one of said "powers that be" directly via PM instead. (And i might guess that such PMs would be frowned upon by those who might receive them!)]

Austin wrote:
4. What will the Mayor win?
Win's not the appropriate word. After reviewing the situation, it has been decided NO TITLE OR AVATAR will be handed out to the winner.

2) That being the case, if someone who already has a Custom Title &/or Avatar (i.e. DonSolo, Rebel Rock, Lights, etc) actually wins the Mayoral Election, will they (in the interest of fairness) then LOSE those privileges?*

[If someone who doesn't have either such thing wins and does not get even a Title of simply say "Community Mayor", does it not make sense that if someone who already has a title wins they would be required to remove them? We would like to keep the winner of this election "grounded" by not giving away anything special. It would follow then that a winner who has something special would be required to lose it/them to stay equally "grounded".]

3) In light of The Ficus, would any other nominations of inanimate objects &/or non-Members be accepted?*

[As much as we love The Ficus, are Tony Danza, G.W. Squirrel, David Hasselhoff, K.I.T.T., Mr.T, Gary Coleman, Collin's Mom, The Pancake Bunny and others not equally loved?]

*If any of these questions are considered "too serious", consider the source, and keep in mind that i have a really smelly & really large 500-lb Flounder near by. Smile
KungZombie
ZOMGpire!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:03 am    Post subject: Re: Elections FAQ -- Please Read Reply with quote

Darth Sillyus wrote:
3) In light of The Ficus, would any other nominations of inanimate objects &/or non-Members be accepted?*

...Collin's Mom...

Alright, who wore her out this time? Razz
OSHI-! [zMOD]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:15 am    Post subject: Re: Elections FAQ -- Please Read Reply with quote

Darth Sillyus wrote:

1) Will the members of this "election commitee" be made public?

2) That being the case, if someone who already has a Custom Title &/or Avatar (i.e. DonSolo, Rebel Rock, Lights, etc) actually wins the Mayoral Election, will they (in the interest of fairness) then LOSE those privileges?

3) In light of The Ficus, would any other nominations of inanimate objects &/or non-Members be accepted?

1. As best I know, it's Darth Duck. I'm in no way involved with the committee; I'm just helping from a logistical standpoint.

2. The thing about no title/avatar was just blowing smoke to keep people from running for office for the wrong reasons. Since Iceman had the Mayor title, it's only fair if that gets passed on, and additional graphical perks may show up. But no, members only stand to gain from the elections, not lose anything.

3. Yes, as long as they have an appropriate member behind them to take care of all the legwork for them. On a similar note, Hoff '07! Goooo Hoff! Wink
Zombie Sillyus
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:30 am    Post subject: Re: Elections FAQ -- Please Read Reply with quote

Austin wrote:
1. As best I know, it's Darth Duck. I'm in no way involved with the committee; I'm just helping from a logistical standpoint.

2. The thing about no title/avatar was just blowing smoke to keep people from running for office for the wrong reasons. Since Iceman had the Mayor title, it's only fair if that gets passed on, and additional graphical perks may show up. But no, members only stand to gain from the elections, not lose anything.

3. Yes, as long as they have an appropriate member behind them to take care of all the legwork for them. On a similar note, Hoff '07! Goooo Hoff! Wink

Makes sense to me. "No more questions, your Honor."

Thanks for the logistical help, Mr. Great American! Very Happy

*adjusts red-white-and-blue pundit bowtie*
Logan Starfire

Location: somewhere in the Metro New York area... Currently: Contemplating stuff...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is tomorrow the last nomination day, making it 8 days to nominate, or does tomorrow start Phase 2: Running the Campaign?

I was just curious, as dates to all phases other than 1 are not yet posted (or I'm blind and lazy. Wink ).
Zombie Austin
OSHI-! [zMOD]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea. The language is a little vague. If you have any pressing business, I'd recommend taking care of it now just to be safe. Smile
Logan Starfire

Location: somewhere in the Metro New York area... Currently: Contemplating stuff...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*twisted laughter* Twisted Evil

No prob.
Remnant

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this just going to be like last year? Or are we going to do something totally weird, new and completely out-rageous, like, letting a ficus run?

If you're a Christian, put this in your sig :><>
Previously known as Cmdr. Bacara
ZombieAndrew
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remnant wrote:
Is this just going to be like last year? Or are we going to do something totally weird, new and completely out-rageous, like, letting a ficus run?

I'm pretty sure the ficus ran last year too.
ZombieSolo
... eats you all. [zMOD]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I look forward to the Ficus's campaign, I feel he has a lot to offer as a candidate. I hope he's allowed to run, and if not, we may be getting a a letter fro the ACLU.
Dazombie
ZOMGpire!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also look foward to see what the Ficus has to say this year.

With environmental issues getting more and more important these day and age, I'm curious to see what a plant will bring to the election table...

Razz

Bricklink | Brickshelf | QuéLUG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Remnant

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am also excited about the ficus. Perhaps we may see some sort of solution to global warming now....

If you're a Christian, put this in your sig :><>
Previously known as Cmdr. Bacara
Zedsier
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Al Gore is the Ficus? What?
... eats you all. [zMOD]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I like him a little more now... ::D:
Darth Gundam

Location: Utica NY Age:19 Online: sparodicly Handicaps: Colorblind, ADHD Mood: happy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn't the Ficus in all the elections so far, I seem to remember him being nominated to respond to the fishy nominations the first time around

Something random this way comes...
RebelZombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there going to be an actual poll set up for this like for MOC contests or is it just gonna be posting who you want to vote for in a thread?
Zombie Austin
OSHI-! [zMOD]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone e-mails the name of the candidate they wish to vote for to whoever is in charge of votes. You also have to send your username so you're not just loading votes for yourself and, yes, they check each and everyone one.
Zombie Fetty
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Elections FAQ -- Please Read Reply with quote

Austin wrote:
Please, unless you're an election official, don't start threads in this forum.

I don't think I'm an election official, yet I start new threads in this forum (Janitorial), so should it say 'Please, unless you're an election official or Master Fetty, don't start threads in this forum.'?

Austin also wrote:
yes, they check each and everyone one.

Sigh. A long road ahead.

Things are getting strange, I'm starting to worry,
This could be a case for Mulder and Scully
Zombie Austin
OSHI-! [zMOD]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since you're in charge of the Janitorial election, I'd say you're an election official.
Zombie Fetty
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really? OK, I'm fine with that.

Things are getting strange, I'm starting to worry,
This could be a case for Mulder and Scully
ThePlasticJedi
Maple Leaf Defender

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Austin wrote:
Everyone e-mails the name of the candidate they wish to vote for to whoever is in charge of votes. You also have to send your username so you're not just loading votes for yourself and, yes, they check each and everyone one.

That seems like a pretty easy thing to rig if you'd want to. Could you enlarge someones PM Box to have unlimited space or something?

Actually wait, I have it. We need a thread where people must register to vote. That way people can't keep making new email accounts just to vote under "inactive" usernames. That seems like a sound idea right? As long as the people keep who they voted for secret.

Chew them out and spit them up. It's the way of the Nooblet.
ZombieSolo
... eats you all. [zMOD]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's sort of the established idea... You have to vote by email and state your username, and then post in the thread that you placed your vote.
Zombie Austin
OSHI-! [zMOD]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThePlasticJedi wrote:
Austin wrote:

That seems like a pretty easy thing to rig if you'd want to.

Not quite. When a PM comes to the account saying 'Did this e-mail address and this vote come from you?', if the answer is no, it's a lot easier to start a bannin'. Wink
ThePlasticJedi
Maple Leaf Defender

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Austin wrote:
ThePlasticJedi wrote:
Austin wrote:

That seems like a pretty easy thing to rig if you'd want to.

Not quite. When a PM comes to the account saying 'Did this e-mail address and this vote come from you?', if the answer is no, it's a lot easier to start a bannin'. Wink

So some random member could rig the election in my favr, without my permission, and get me banned? Shocked

Chew them out and spit them up. It's the way of the Nooblet.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> FBTB Election 2007 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: