FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sports!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> The Bantha Coffee Shop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaZombie2007
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:43 pm    Post subject: Sports! Reply with quote

Well in this thread talk about what sports teams you like, as well as sports you participate in. I play American football, and I now am on the junior varsity team; i play as a wide reciever. I am a Louisville fan when it comes to college sports , but a Cincy fan when it comes to professional sports. I have been exhillerated that Louisville will be playing Wake Forest in the Orange Bowl.

Last edited by DaZombie2007 on Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
ZombieGIR
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a huge sports fan, but I'm getting in shape to play on my school's baseball team
Padawan716
The Comeback Kid

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I play "see what happens when you slam a piece of concrete against the floor."

I always win. Wink

Eh, I sometimes watch NFL. Sometimes soccer on the spanish TV stations.

Not a big fan of any soccer team since I don't watch that often.

And the 49ers and Raiders suck, so I don't watch much NFL.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Repoort
Man of Many Reds

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ambiguity is one way in which the meanings of words and phrases can be unclear, but there is another way, which is different from ambiguity: vagueness. For example, some men are definitely bald, and there is no debating the matter, for instance, Patrick Stewart (Captain Picard of Star Trek). Other men are definitely not bald, for example, Bill Clinton. Then there are quite a few men who carefully comb a scanty amount of hair over their scalps, about whom we are not sure whether to say they are bald or not. There is no clear line.

Another example of a vague concept is the concept of a heap. Two or three grains of sand is not a heap, but a thousand is. How many grains of sand does it take to make a heap? There is no clear line.

When we look at a man with thinning hair or a small pile of sand, and we do not know whether to call the man "bald", or the sand a "heap", we have found a borderline case; it is not clear if the concept applies. We can make a general principle, which might work as a definition of the word "vague":

Vagueness is a linguistic and philosophical term. To say that a concept is vague is to say that there can be no clear fact of the matter whether the concept applies or not.
Joedward
Hoover

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I play "see what happens when you slam a piece of concrete against MY FACE
I always lose. Wink

Ambiguity sounds fun, or ist it not fun it is borderline fun
Zombie Austin
OSHI-! [zMOD]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So this thread's about listing what sports teams you support and discussing what sports you play, eh?

Alrighty. I don't play any sports religiously, but I do shoot hoops now and again on campus. My teams are the Utah Jazz (long before they were good, so nyah) and the San Antonio Spurs.
Faulconbridge

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ran track in high school and played some intramural basketball and volleyball in college.

Being a native Minnesotan, I cheer for the Minnesota teams. I used to watch the Vikings every Sunday but a couple of factors have reduced that time considerable. First, I'm usually playing with my kids when the games are on. I sometimes catch the second half when the take their naps, but other times I've got other things to do around the house. Second, the Vike's offence can't get it past the 20, so they are very frustrating to watch. The defense is doing so well that all the offense needs to do is not turn the ball over and get a touchdown and a couple of field goals. But they can't seem to manage that so... Rolling Eyes

Other than that, I watch a Twins game from time to time and I keep track of the T-Wolved, but I don't care about hockey so I don't pay any attention to the Wild.
Logan Starfire

Location: somewhere in the Metro New York area... Currently: Contemplating stuff...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being a native New Yorker, I get to watch professional teams in all major sports play within a 50 mile radius of where I live.

Baseball? I love baseball. Can't play for squat. I like to, but I only get picked in pick-up games because I can run fast. Fielding is poor, so they stick me in left field. I can throw fairly accurately, and have made my bones on lousy "infield singles" (they'd be more accurately called bloops). My only advantage in batting is that I'm a lefty. Throws people completely off, and I get to walk often. Too bad most games don't allow base-stealing. Professionally, I'm a die-hard Yankees fan (and even have love for the billions of Yankee-haters worldwide).

Basketball? Knicks fan, through and through. They stink. Terribly. They are quite possibly one of the worst run franchises in pro sports today. Still a fan... just not as rabid as I once was. I can take losing, it's the idiocy of management that kills me.

Football (American)? New York Giants. Always have been. Nice to see that we have the "other" Manning looking like a deer in the headlights allegedly running the show. Oh wait, he's in his third year and still hasn't said a word. Must have missed that. Rolling Eyes

Hockey? New York Rangers. 1994 was ridiculous for New York sports. Rangers win the Stanley Cup for the first time in 54 years, then go on to be a lousy team for the next 12 (and counting). Knicks... or more specifically John Starks (whom I've met... sat next to him at a diner once) shooting 2 for 17 in Game 7 when they should have won Game 6... lose in the last game of the Finals. Baseball cancels the World Series due to a labor strike (even WWI and WWII couldn't do that), and the expected matchup was (you guessed it) NY Yankees against the Montreal Expos. The Expos never recovered and moved to Washington D.C. as the Nationals. The Yankees went to the postseason the next year (Don Mattingly's last as a player), won the World Series the year after that, and have been a contender every year since. Oh yeah, hockey. Umm... the Rangers still haven't done squat.

Soccer (European football)? Still getting into it. I played in high school because it was fun, and it's not easy. Dislocated both of my thumbs as a goalie (funny story), never missed a game, and got red-carded two games in a row (I'm very retaliatory). Major League Soccer here is interesting, but publicity is a little low, and being brought up outside of soccer's sphere of influence (especially with American major sports in New York), I'm a late learner in this aspect.

I'll watch golf and tennis sometimes. I can't stand bowling, and thoroughly enjoy billiards (or as we slang it... pool).
DaZombie2007
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Logan I said American football because many people in FBTB are from Europe and soccer is called football, I just didn't want their to be a mix up.

Many of you say your teams suck, I am a loyal fan even though Louisville basketball isn't that good this season. I also have always been a huge supporter of the Bengals even though they were the bungles for over 10 years. It has been turned around, so I am much more happy.

I am also a fan of Tennessee pro teams the Grizzles, Predators, and the Titans.
Logan Starfire

Location: somewhere in the Metro New York area... Currently: Contemplating stuff...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaVille... I know, I just thought I'd follow that wise example you set so I didn't look like I was making things up to people who don't follow American sports. Didn't mean to make it look like anything other than that. Very Happy
Zedsier
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaVille2006 wrote:
the Titans.

Ooohhh...they had a good game Sunday. Travis Henry+Vince Young...they're pretty much pro-status.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's safe to say I am the laziest member of the forums. I do not sport. Tha'ts not to say I do nothing with my time. I am involved with the drama program at school, but I gave up sports after middle school. Mostly because in middle school, everything was like rec league, not taken too seriously. I thought that the super-competitive nature of Varsity sports would suck out the little enjoyment I took in sports.

Wow, I am a Debbie Downer.

Last.FM
Zedsier
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Padawan716 wrote:
And the 49ers and Raiders suck, so I don't watch much NFL.

Niners aren't that bad...they still have a chance to get in wild card this year. Alex Smith and Frank Gore and shaping it up this year.

But Raiders suck. I hate them. Go Saints.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baseball-Angels, played baseball for 6 years and was darn good at it too. Had about a .500 batting percentage in AA and a 80% on base average in my second year of AAA.
Football(NFL)-Broncos
Soccer-LA Galaxy, but I don't watch it , did play it for a year.
Basketball-Eh, don't really like it that much. If I had to pick a team the Lakers.
Hockey-Do I have to explain this one? Favorite teams has been the Ducks, ever since they started in 92, although I was about a month old at the time. There are a few old baby photos of me in Ducks outfits.
babyjawa

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me I play basketball and (American) Football.

As for teams, I like U of M (Michigan) for college football, and the New England Patriots and Denver Broncos for pro football.
Zedsier
Undead!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All right:

Basketball, NBA: I'm a huge fan of the Hornets. Even when they were back in Charlotte...ever since I was four years old. Strangely, I've lived in CA all my life. I could name those rosters since that '93 season...I still remember Mourning, Jones, Curry, Bogues.... Chris Paul is the greatest. I still have my David' and Mash jerseys...but I need a gold Paul one. And a West. And a Peja...keep's on going. Hornets all the way. Even when they were horrible...18 wins....I'm loyal!

Football, NFL (American football): Saints, Niners. Saints have been a team I liked ever since the Hornets moved to New Orleans. Aaron Brooks may have had some shine five years back, but Drew Brees is the way to go. He's the ultimatn passer...Joe Horn, Marques Colston...and of course Duece, Ace, Bunny Abuse McAllister! And Reggie owned the Niners...4 TD's!!! Niners just because they're in the Bay and I hate the Raiders.

English Premier League (European football, soccer): Newcastle. Michael Owen. Not a huge fan of soccer, but Newcastle the team I'm always going for.

MLB: A's. Bay Area.
ZOMGpire!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, ever since I past the milestone of 30 years old, I've been more aware that I need to do more exercise to stay healthy.

So, every Thursday, I play ice hockey in a local league. Three periods of 13 minutes playing every two shifts (I'm a defenceman, and we usually play with 4 defensemen) will get the old pump running, I can assure you that.

Then, every Sunday night, I play Volleyball with some friends for about an hour and a half. We're not great as a group, but we don't suck either, as we're able to put in a couple of real good attacks every game. But it's great exercise to keep your reflexes sharp and keep you moving.

As for being a fan, I think everyone here already know that I'm a huge Canadiens fan. I love hockey, and I could pretty much talk about any team in the NHL, especially those in the Eastern Conference.

I'm also into baseball, as I am an umpire during the summer (hence why my title here). I used to follow the Expos pretty closely, but ever since the fiasco with the last owner (what a rip-off by Major League Baseball) and now with the move to Washington, I pretty much dropped the ball on MLB. I don't even know who won the last World Series (with only one Canadian team in all of MLB, can you really call that the "World" series?).

As for other professional sports, I follow the Alouettes (CFL football team) on and off, and I watch the Superbowl every year. I'm also a "moral" supporter of the Buffalo Bills ("moral" as in I couldn't even name one of their players) ever since their lost against the Giants at the Superbowl more than a decade ago.

Bricklink | Brickshelf | QuéLUG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
ZombieAndi
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

great Fan of England National Soccer Team!
And I like Eintracht Frankfurt

FlickrBrickshelf
hossrex

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daz Hoo wrote:
I used to follow the Expos pretty closely, but ever since the fiasco with the last owner (what a rip-off by Major League Baseball) and now with the move to Washington, I pretty much dropped the ball on MLB.

Wow. Smile That just isn't what happened at all.

In the last 20 years they've drafted, or aquired some of the best players in the game.

Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez, Larry Walker, Vladmir Gurrero, Andres Galaraga, Andre Dawson, Dennis Martinez, Tim Raines, Rex Hudler, Marquis Grissom, Mark Langston, Delino Deshields, Moises Alou, Gary Carter, Matt Stairs, Steve Lyons, John Wetteland, Cliff Floyd, Curtis Pride (a personal favorite), Jeff Shaw, Mark Grudzielanek, Henry Rodriguez, Ugeth Urbina, Jose Vidro, Milton Bradley, Endy Chavez, Bartolo Colon.

Everyone of these players played on the 'spos in the last 20 years, and every one of them was traded away/lost from free agency. Every one of them an all-star. Several Cy Young winners (Pedro won one with Montreal, with Johnson, and Colon winning them later), 3 MVP winners (Walker, Dawson, and Gurrero), and one MVP runner up (Gary Carter). And quite a few for whom serious Hall of Fame arguments could be made (Johnson, Martinez, Gurrerro, Dawson, and possibly Moises Alou).

Every one of these players went through the Montreal Franchise at one point, or another. Every one of these players left Montreal, because of the way the team was run. Montreal consistantly had the lowest payroll in the game, and it was obvious. They would find great players, and then wouldn't pay them what they're worth. In 1994 they were the best team in baseball, but thanks to a philosophy spearheaded by the Montreal Expos (that being a return to old school "ownership" of players), the players said a unanimous "NO!", and went on strike.

To this day, the Expos franchise (now the Nationals, obviously) has never won the world series, regardless of the fact that most of those players listed above all played at generally the same time, and could have all been on the same, UNBEATABLE team.

How that is MLB's fault, you'll have to explain to me. Jeffrey Loria was the final nail in the coffin, and that team just had to get out of that black hole of talent.

At least the Jays have an excuse for losing. They're in an impossible division.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Logan Starfire

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the Jays quite to my utter joy finished ahead of the Red Sox last year. Just makes me warm and fuzzy inside.
MandalorianCrush

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sports, hmm lets see.

i play tennis. i use a Babolat Pure Drive + (mens expert racket). i use synthetic gut (im not big for the use of pig intestines as a string).

i am a die hard JETS Fan when it comes to football. im also a METS fan in baseball. i have lately gotten into Cricket. a friend of mine who takes yearly trips to India bought me a Cricket Bat and taught me how to play. ever since, i have enjoyed the sport greatly.
Joedward
Hoover

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the most amazing amount of fun yesterday playing basket ball. I only scored once (out of about 20 that game - we won) but I did so much running. I am in a pretty unfit shape and so exercise like that is actually fantastic.
And most of the people playing wanted to play.

Basketball rules Very Happy
Cmac5794

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I play american football and next year I will be on the A or "Midget" squad. I played Defensive Tackle, Defensive End, Offensive Guard, Long Snapper, Fullback, and I was on the kicking team.But i'm going out for Halfback next year. In college football I root for the USC Trojans and The Ohio State Buckeyes. In the NFL I root for the Patriots. I also play Baseball I play outfield, 1st base (sometimes), and Im going out for Pitcher next year.

Scitvs Campaign Manager/Underseer
Join SPQR!!!!
hossrex

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Logan Starfire wrote:
And the Jays quite to my utter joy finished ahead of the Red Sox last year. Just makes me warm and fuzzy inside.

Jays got a great team. Good enough to contend if the Yanks, and the BoSox didn't have more money then god.

I don't understand how a person can look at the Yankees, and Red Sox, and not think salary cap is a must.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Zedsier
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hossrex wrote:
Logan Starfire wrote:

Jays got a great team. Good enough to contend if the Yanks, and the BoSox didn't have more money then god.

I don't understand how a person can look at the Yankees, and Red Sox, and not think salary cap is a must.

Yankees...are rich. And they will never take Barry Zito from the A's. Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Junsier wrote:
Yankees...are rich. And they will never take Barry Zito from the A's. Crying or Very sad

Someone will. He is not going to be an A at the start of the season.
Zedsier
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hossrex wrote:
Junsier wrote:

Someone will. He is not going to be an A at the start of the season.

Shut up.

Mad
ZOMGpire!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hossrex wrote:

Sorry, but I totally dissagree with your interpretation of events here.

Were you by any chance in Montreal in 1994?

I was, and I went to at least 20 games that year. In the last leg of the season, the Olympic Stadium was filled to capacity, and people we're all the way behind this magnificent team we had put together through one of the best drafting team baseball ever put together. All that despite the fact that the Expos had no where near the same financial support the Yankees, the Braves or the Orioles had that year. Are you aware that the team at that time was own locally by a group of small investors and local businesses? We didn't have a Steinbrenner to back us up.

Yet, despite all that, 1994 was our year.

Then, the lock-out came (yes, it was a lock-out started by the owners, not by the players). And yes, the Montreal Expos management at that time was in favor of that lock-out, because it was the only way the team and other small teams could survive. It didn't do any good, because the rich and powerful owners quickly stepped in, and gave in to the players demands.

But that lock-out litterally killed professional baseball in Montreal. Why? Well, first of all, fans were pretty dissappointed that the season and post-season were cancelled, because we trully believed it was our year. Like you mentioned, we had a dream team that year. But it killed the Expos because without any surplus revenues from the post season, our group of small time owners didn't have the financial means to keep all of these wonderful players, especially since the new deal with the players' association didn't give us any additional income or a salary cap. Hence why the management had to let go of some players who became too expensive.

Yeah, we did see alot of wonderful talents in the next few years passed through the franchise (the fruits of our great drafting team), but because the rich owners didn't have the backbone to stand up to the players in 1994, one by one, we had to trade those great players away for younger and less expensive talents. All of that pretty much explains why fans didn't return to the Olympic Stadium.

By the way, did you know that every home opener in Montreal had more than 40 000 fans in the big "O" until Felipe Alou got fired? And who fired that great manager?

Yes, the great Jeffrey Loria.

In my book, there is no bigger piece of bantha poodoo in North America. The guy comes in and buys the team for almost nothing, promising he will keep the team in Montreal, even that he will put more money in the team so we can keep our young talents a little longer, maybe get a few veterans off the free agent market. But the first thing he does when he gets in the chair is to ask more money from the Olympic Stadium management. Ticket prices are raised, and instead of doing what he's supposed to do, he keeps asking the goverment for more money and to build a brand new ball park, courtesy of every tax payer in Quebec.

Then, when he finally gets that we're not a bunch of idiots who will willingly put money into his pockets, he turns around and complains to MLB, who in turn lets him "trade" his franchise for another one (not without a big fat profit). We're then left with MLB managing the team, and from then on, every decision about the team has to be approved by MLB. No free agents, no spending money more than we have to to keep the team running. MLB even puts Robinson in charge of the team to make sure all the remaining die-hard fans of the team would doze off like he did most of the games.

The final chapter of this once great professional team in Montreal is three years of "this is the last season in Montreal". At one time, it had even become a running gag in Montreal.

Would you get behind a team with no financial or organizational means to compete? Would you go see a game when your team manager is dozing off in the seventh inning? Would you encourage a team that has been claiming the last two season that it's there last one in your city?

I don't think so.

They say Montrealers killed professional baseball in Montreal? I say professional baseball killed the Montreal Expos, pure and simple.

Thanks MLB.

Bricklink | Brickshelf | QuéLUG
darth brick1145

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Austin wrote:
So this thread's about listing what sports teams you support and discussing what sports you play, eh?

Alrighty. I don't play any sports religiously, but I do shoot hoops now and again on campus. My teams are the Utah Jazz (long before they were good, so nyah) and the San Antonio Spurs.

I hate the spurs. Dallas is so much better. Oh sorry, my favorite teams are the NJ nets, Dallas mavs (they rule) NY giants (Eli mannings sucks at passing) Indianpolis Colts and the Ny yankees (also rule even they lost the alcs.
hossrex

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daz Hoo wrote:
hossrex wrote:

Sorry, but I totally dissagree with your interpretation of events here.

Were you by any chance in Montreal in 1994?

I was, and I went to at least 20 games that year. In the last leg of the season, the Olympic Stadium was filled to capacity, and people we're all the way behind this magnificent team we had put together through one of the best drafting team baseball ever put together. All that despite the fact that the Expos had no where near the same financial support the Yankees, the Braves or the Orioles had that year. Are you aware that the team at that time was own locally by a group of small investors and local businesses? We didn't have a Steinbrenner to back us up.

Yet, despite all that, 1994 was our year.

Then, the lock-out came (yes, it was a lock-out started by the owners, not by the players). And yes, the Montreal Expos management at that time was in favor of that lock-out, because it was the only way the team and other small teams could survive. It didn't do any good, because the rich and powerful owners quickly stepped in, and gave in to the players demands.

But that lock-out litterally killed professional baseball in Montreal. Why? Well, first of all, fans were pretty dissappointed that the season and post-season were cancelled, because we trully believed it was our year. Like you mentioned, we had a dream team that year. But it killed the Expos because without any surplus revenues from the post season, our group of small time owners didn't have the financial means to keep all of these wonderful players, especially since the new deal with the players' association didn't give us any additional income or a salary cap. Hence why the management had to let go of some players who became too expensive.

Yeah, we did see alot of wonderful talents in the next few years passed through the franchise (the fruits of our great drafting team), but because the rich owners didn't have the backbone to stand up to the players in 1994, one by one, we had to trade those great players away for younger and less expensive talents. All of that pretty much explains why fans didn't return to the Olympic Stadium.

By the way, did you know that every home opener in Montreal had more than 40 000 fans in the big "O" until Felipe Alou got fired? And who fired that great manager?

Yes, the great Jeffrey Loria.

In my book, there is no bigger piece of bantha poodoo in North America. The guy comes in and buys the team for almost nothing, promising he will keep the team in Montreal, even that he will put more money in the team so we can keep our young talents a little longer, maybe get a few veterans off the free agent market. But the first thing he does when he gets in the chair is to ask more money from the Olympic Stadium management. Ticket prices are raised, and instead of doing what he's supposed to do, he keeps asking the goverment for more money and to build a brand new ball park, courtesy of every tax payer in Quebec.

Then, when he finally gets that we're not a bunch of idiots who will willingly put money into his pockets, he turns around and complains to MLB, who in turn lets him "trade" his franchise for another one (not without a big fat profit). We're then left with MLB managing the team, and from then on, every decision about the team has to be approved by MLB. No free agents, no spending money more than we have to to keep the team running. MLB even puts Robinson in charge of the team to make sure all the remaining die-hard fans of the team would doze off like he did most of the games.

The final chapter of this once great professional team in Montreal is three years of "this is the last season in Montreal". At one time, it had even become a running gag in Montreal.

Would you get behind a team with no financial or organizational means to compete? Would you go see a game when your team manager is dozing off in the seventh inning? Would you encourage a team that has been claiming the last two season that it's there last one in your city?

I don't think so.

They say Montrealers killed professional baseball in Montreal? I say professional baseball killed the Montreal Expos, pure and simple.

Thanks MLB.

I stopped reading at the start, when you said it was a "Lockout", and not a "strike".

Those are two fundamentally different things, and baseball 1994 was a strike.

Investigate your facts, and I'll adress the other points.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1994_baseball_strike

P.S. You've not met many people who know more about baseball then I, so you can't just say things, and expect me to accept them.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> The Bantha Coffee Shop All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: