FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Are you sick of Star Wars?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO Star Wars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DestructiveZombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in a similar boat, The Clone Wars line isn't really interesting me, the only Clone Wars sets I plan on getting so far are ones that are also featured in the movie at some point (and don't have alot of the cartoon figures) Like the Spider Droid.
Though part of me has been liking one or two other Clone Wars sets, like the AAT, and battlepacks.

DeviantART|Brickshelf
ZombieAndi
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's relatively easy to ignore the Clone Wars Sets as long there are so great Classic sets like the Death Star or the 10th Anniv. Tie Fighter.
The Clone Wars RGS was a good chance to get the RGS without paying a fortune for the first edition. And when the Clones wear their helmets you don't see the faces. The other figs I sold.

FlickrBrickshelf
DestructiveZombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only problem is there is so far one non-Clone Wars set coming out this year. (That probably won't stay that way, but as of right now it is true)

DeviantART|Brickshelf
RebelZombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the death star is great set, it's just that I can't blow that much money right now. I might pick up a Vader TIE if the parts selection is good. But still, isn't it like 50 bucks and has only one minifig? Confused
R2 Lou2

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see your point Senor Rocko. What you need is a kid Wink
I can't help be enthusiastic about some of the new sets because my lad is so enthusiastic about them. It makes you remember what LEGO and Star Wars is all about. For example, when i first saw the Rogue Shadow, i thought it was pants. But after seeing how into it my little buddy was and having got it for him for xmas and built it with him i'm thinking this is not only a cool LEGO set, it's a cool Star Wars ship! Seeing stuff on FBTB like RogueBantha's great Rogue Shaodow MOC then gives it extra interest - before you know it i'm feeling Star Warsy and LEGOey again.
I've lost a lot of interest in collecting the line though, there's too much expense involved for me to get every set like in the old days. I even sold my old original falcon on ebay so i could afford to get the Death Star.
Maybe you'll come back to it in the future, i keep hoping one day you'll turn your skills toward starship building.

Brickshelf
Sp1nKy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No I'm not sick of Star Wars. Every time I hear a new rumor I become more interested. Smile
The Brain Eater
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have mixed feelings about Lego Star Wars now.

As I am still only a kid, I have to abide by my parents's rules about spending money, even money I earn. So for me, it's a thrill to be able to spend some money on a couple of sets I really want at that time, and will model for a very long time. That said, when I have the chance to spend any money, it's usually a rather small amount, and I'm torn between which sets to choose. For example, I have a little money to spend right now, and don't know whether to get a Republic Fighter Tank, which I have been waiting for Lego to make since the Clone Wars video game came out in '03, and the new AAT, which I missed the first go-round. Thus, I'm usually even farther behind in my desired collecting than I would be if I just admired the sets that came out.

Then, I also now wonder if loving Star Wars and/or Legos is really all that practical (blasphemy, I know Wink ). I have to consider the fact that since Lego introduced Star Wars sets, that has been my main focus of entertainment purchases that I have made, but I wonder if that's been really such a great investment. Sure, the childhood memories are priceless, but I have to consider college down the somewhat short road.

I don't know what to think, but I don't think I should stop loving Lego or Star Wars. They're just too fun. Very Happy
Zekkbie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty much ditto. ^

Will? Mr. Smith? I'VE BEEN DESTROYED!!!!
Zombie147
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like many others, I'm just waiting for some OT sets to come around, but until then, I'm straight up MOCing. This gives me a chance to recreate old ships without the need to compare to the current lego model.
ZombieGIR
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sick of Clone Wars, and given the 100 episode lineup, we're stuck for a while. Confused It's better than nothing, but for now I'll stick with other lines. Can't afford the Death Star set right now either.
DestructiveZombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well if I don't get many Clone Wars sets, I can atleast save up that money for the Death Star (which I will either buy at somepoint this year, or if I don't I'll get it for Christmas next year)

DeviantART|Brickshelf
Reaper

Location: Dwelling in the darkness making goofy faces at everyone.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I tired of Star Wars lego? I suppose the simplest answer would be yes and no. Back when the line first came out, there was nothing but excitement. That died somewhat during the whole episode 1 line, but picked up again during the episode 3 sets. Now I find myself back in that same rut again. It's not just Star Wars though it's lego in general. Perhaps it's simply because I'm getting older. Or it might be an economic thing. The sets that have been coming out recently aren't exactly cheap. Then again that wouldn't exactly explain my buying habits when it comes to Transformers.

I still like Lego, don't get me wrong about that. It's just fewer sets get me as excited as I was when I was a kid. Aside from the battlepacks I've just lost interest in the star wars line.

I guess the bottom line is I don't look at Lego in the same manner as I did when I was younger. I don't care anymore about the sets themselves, but more for there parts. Looking at the new sets used to be exciting, mainly because of new parts and the potentials they hold. Now I don't even do that. I just see pics of new sets, take a glance and then move on.

"You are fortunate, my enemy. You have paid the price but once. I never stop paying."-Cursed Ronin. MTG
Darth Omen

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty much a SW Lego System scale addict, so I'll buy anything Lego makes. Except for the TIE set, I didn't get that.
Right now I'm waiting on the sales for the Hyena Bomber and AAT though, because I'm not too jazzed on those sets.
I'm still baffled about the lack of Hoth stuff tho..... That Echo Base set needed to have a Bacta Tank and Tauntauns.
thrasher zombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Star Wars LEGO seem to be drifting away from now. When CW first started, I was so excited. A new AT-TE and Gunship, which I missed the first time. That was awsome. But now, the new sets just don't appeal to me at all. Not that I don't like LEGO, but I have been collecting SW for 10 or so years, and I just need something different. Not to mention the outrages prices on some of the sets. Its just the same thing ever time with LEGO SW, only ships (Ya, I know, SW is based heavily on ships). I want something different than another rehash of an old idea. (and not to mention the CW is heavily aimed at a younger audience than some of the older sets)

Right now I'm focusing on the other LEGO themes, I used to never really give them a chance, but some are very good. Right now I'm hooked on pirates, and probally will be for quite some time. If I do get any Star Wars sets at all, it will only be the new Battlepacks, as I don't want to miss out on Ep II clones...again.
ricefields

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the thrasher wrote:
Star Wars LEGO seem to be drifting away from now. When CW first started, I was so excited. A new AT-TE and Gunship, which I missed the first time. That was awsome. But now, the new sets just don't appeal to me at all. Not that I don't like LEGO, but I have been collecting SW for 10 or so years, and I just need something different... If I do get any Star Wars sets at all, it will only be the new Battlepacks, as I don't want to miss out on Ep II clones...again.

If you were collecting SW lego for 10 years, may I ask how did you miss Ep II clones and the AT Te and gunship the first time around??

After building 7675, I think I like the 4482 better than the new at te. the original is smaller but there are still some good traits (speeder bike, 4 clones, better leg connections). I have not built my new gunship yet to compare against 7163. If you have a chance I would still recommend to get your hands on the classic at te and gunship for your own comparison.
ZombieGIR
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ricefields wrote:
If you were collecting SW lego for 10 years, may I ask how did you miss Ep II clones and the AT Te and gunship the first time around??

Too expensive. That's why I missed out on them.
The Brain Eater
Undead!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GIR3691 wrote:
ricefields wrote:

Too expensive. That's why I missed out on them.

Same. I managed to nab the AT-TE though. Still love it, but I'd like a new one too.
thrasher zombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ricefields wrote:

Well for one, I was younger when they came out (7 or 8 ), and I wasn't always on top of what sets came out when (AKA, I didn't know much about the internet then Wink ). Also, since I was younger and , my parents would really only by the smaller sets, unless they were on sale or for Christmas or a birthday. I just never got around to getting them. Just because I'v been buying LEGOs for 10 years, doesn't mean I bought every set. Though I wish I had Razz
11numnumnum
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't bought a Star Wars set in over a year. The reason being, Clone Wars sets either a) suck, b) are obscenely overpriced, or, as the case usually is, c)both. However, if Lego decides to put out some new OT sets (like the new TIE x1, which I will definitely be getting), I'd probably snatch them right up.
SW Fan Goosi

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a little sick of the Clone Wars, but what unnerves me the most is the Tie x1. TLC should have released TIEs in the same color scheme. Otherwise, the AAT also isn't very attractive. I'm not sick of Star Wars, but I hope we get non-CW sets.

End creepy minifig faces!
ZombieDraykov
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SW Fan Goosi wrote:
...but what unnerves me the most is the Tie x1. TLC should have released TIEs in the same color scheme.

I imagine that, before it's all said and done, we will see more gray TIE variants (most likely re-releases of the standard TIE and the TIE bomber).
SW Fan Goosi

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Draykov wrote:
SW Fan Goosi wrote:
...but what unnerves me the most is the Tie x1. TLC should have released TIEs in the same color scheme.

I imagine that, before it's all said and done, we will see more gray TIE variants (most likely re-releases of the standard TIE and the TIE bomber).

Unfortunately, we already had rumors of a TIE Fighter, a TIE Bomber, and a TIE Defender that should already have been released, but considering that they haven't, maybe TLC just doesn't want to release other TIEs.

Zombie Fetty
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or maybe you should just stop listening to rumours. Wink

Things are getting strange, I'm starting to worry,
This could be a case for Mulder and Scully
SW Fan Goosi

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master Fetty wrote:
Or maybe you should just stop listening to rumours. Wink

Speculating about future sets is so fun, though. Very Happy

bigospedros

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am still very much delighted with the SW line of Lego. 2008 has been a great year for sets and also SW in general. I liked the Clone Wars film and apart from the Jar Jar episode, the tv series has also been pretty good.

I think my buying of SW Lego has changed over the years though. I only really got into getting all the old sets about 4 years ago and in that time I experienced "the thrill of the chase" in finding all the old sets at reasonable prices - a task which I achieved without fail, at least for all of the sets I was interested in / felt I could afford. (for reference, I have mostly ignored the UCS line as they're just too large to display and too expensive to buy).

Nowadays, I am mostly up to date with what I want. That means that I am only really after buying new sets and I've replaced the "thrill of the chase" with the "chase of the deal" ... whereby I play the waiting game of good deals and discounts.

I haven't spent the RRP on one of the 2008 sets and I am very much glad about that.

Display space is an issue for me ... in fact, this very evening, the Indy Temple, Rogue Shadow and a spare yellow Anakin JSF have been dismantled and put into storage, ready for me building the Death Star, Homing Spider Droid and maybe the Twilight, which are all on the "to be built" pile.

Will I get more choosy about the sets I buy ? Probably not (although perhaps I should be?!) ... I still feel compelled to get 1 of each set. I've never been one for duplicates. The only sets I have duplicates of are Droid Fighers (cos they were dirt cheap!) and the original Battle Packs (cos they were on sale and it seemed like *the thing* to do). I know realise that this was futile and pointless as I doubt I'll ever have the space to make huge battle scenes.

I'd dearly like the time, energy and space to build MOCs but I just don't ... maybe when I get a house and move out of this rented flat ?

It's interesting that they're complaints about the fact that people aren't excited anymore cos all the surprises are spoilt by the internet and these forums. I actually choose to ignore most of the rumour threads. Sure, I'll look at pictures of new sets if they're decent, but only the final versions. I'm not that interested in pre-lim pictures or blurry leaked stuff. I prefer to deal in fact. By the time these come out, they're not far away from release, so all it does for me is whet the appetite and let me plan ahead on the budget side.

So, in essence, to summarise this EXTREMELY long post (sorry) I still love the line and I look forward to it continuing and improving on the fine form which the 2008 sets have delivered.

My Current Lego Collection (thanks Brickset!)
ZombieDraykov
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SW Fan Goosi wrote:

Speculating about future sets is so fun, though. Very Happy

Well, that's what I was doing...but counting on rumored sets to appear at a certain time and then being disappointed when they don't arrive goes beyond mere speculation if you ask me. Wink

bigospedros wrote:

I haven't spent the RRP on one of the 2008 sets and I am very much glad about that.

Ditto and werd.

bigospedros wrote:

It's interesting that they're complaints about the fact that people aren't excited anymore cos all the surprises are spoilt by the internet and these forums.

I imagine that's mostly a problem for the "instant gratification" crowd.

Last edited by ZombieDraykov on Thu Jan 01, 2009 4:51 pm; edited 3 times in total
Vidzombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeing this topic reminded me of an editorial I found a while back, it was a good read. The author even did a followup article several years later.

The Complex and Terrifying Reality of Star Wars Fandom
And,
Star Wars Fans Hate Star Wars: Special Edition

Flickr

Last edited by conan on Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:29 pm; edited 4 times in total
sam90

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW.....

That was a good read^^

It's intresting though, its so.... somehow true...
Confused

But for me, it's just the CW i hate. To me it ruined the whole star wars. Mad

So now i just buy OT and PT sets, not CW and EU. Over all, it's great, it gives me time to catch up on the days where i didn't have money to get all the sets from each year.

10019 Rebel blockade runner... *DROOL*

One of the best sets i still don't have... yet Wink

if you are a christian put this on your sig :><>
Zekkbie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. Very interesting article. So true, but so not true...... I really don't know. It got me thinking......

Will? Mr. Smith? I'VE BEEN DESTROYED!!!!
ricefields

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sam90 wrote:
WOW.....

But for me, it's just the CW i hate. To me it ruined the whole star wars. Mad

So now i just buy OT and PT sets, not CW and EU.

Some of the clone wars sets in my opinion should have been released as part of the EPII line - this includes the homing spider droid, hailfire droid (non technic) and spider droid, dooku's solar sailor...basically anything to do with the battle of geonosis should have been included. So when you or other members say they hate CW do you also hate these particular sets that could be technically considered as part of the Ep II collection and could be used for Ep II dioramas (I guess mainly the vehicles/ships themselves as minifigs may not be necessarily compatible with their cartoon faces or the coloured clones - ie fox, rex which were not in geonosis)?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO Star Wars All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5
Jump to: