FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Are you sick of Star Wars?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO Star Wars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrCRskater

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I must admit I have changed my tune a bit. Having watched a bit of the Clone Wars series has me amped up a little and even I, a purist, have come to find at least a couple of the new CW sets enticing (though not all. I still refuse to pay $10 or $15 over the $0.10/brick price point). Though I do kinda like the AT-TE and RGS, I am holding out to see what comes out later in the year from the OT, because as a poor college student, I am limited in my finances.

Not to get off topic here, but by the way, has anyone heard the results of the TRU exclusive set poll? I'm really hoping for the Home One playset. . .
DestructiveZombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in a similar situation. Before Clone Wars came out, I was falling away from Star Wars, but I started watching it, and it has made me interested again. (I'm still very suprised that THAT would make me interested again Confused )

DeviantART|Brickshelf
The Brain Eater
Undead!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

About the TRU set:

I had been hearing for awhile that it was almost a unanimous Palpatine's Arrest vote, which excited me for the minifigs (even though Ackbar would be bomb). However, I heard recently that it was actually going to be the Home One, playset style, but again, these are all rumors and I have no real information. Surely they'll relase info soon though; isn't the winner supposed to be a February Lego set?
TK-425
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Brain Eater wrote:
About the TRU set:

I had been hearing for awhile that it was almost a unanimous Palpatine's Arrest vote, which excited me for the minifigs (even though Ackbar would be bomb). However, I heard recently that it was actually going to be the Home One, playset style, but again, these are all rumors and I have no real information. Surely they'll relase info soon though; isn't the winner supposed to be a February Lego set?

I've heard both as well, the winner is to be announced at ToyFair, which I haven't a clue as to when it occurs.
skyward72

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zombie-425 wrote:
The Brain Eater wrote:
About the TRU set:

I've heard both as well, the winner is to be announced at ToyFair, which I haven't a clue as to when it occurs.

The Toy Fair is in Feb.

I'm not tired of Star Wars Lego, in fact I think we have had one of the best years ever. I think Lego did some of its best work yet with the Clone Wars sets minus the stickers. For the OT fans we still got the Death Star which might just be one of the best sets ever released.
Zombie147
Undead!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to be a downer, but the Death Star is really, really expensive (in case you haven't noticed) so while we do get a big honkin' playset, OT fans have to pay an arm and a leg to get it.
skyward72

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zombie147 wrote:
Not to be a downer, but the Death Star is really, really expensive (in case you haven't noticed) so while we do get a big honkin' playset, OT fans have to pay an arm and a leg to get it.

Worth every penny!
DestructiveZombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Brain Eater wrote:

I could be wrong, but I would watch what your saying, it MAY be going against RtB. Just keep it in mind Wink

skyward72 wrote:
Zombie147 wrote:

Worth every penny!

I second that!

DeviantART|Brickshelf
Zombie147
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skyward72 wrote:
Worth every penny!

That's if you have every penny to spend on it.
The Brain Eater
Undead!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="DestructiveZombie"]
I could be wrong, but I would watch what your saying, it MAY be going against RtB. Just keep it in mind Wink

The Brain Eater wrote:
but again, these are all rumors and I have no real information.

I don't have any info regarding the sets, or pics. We all know (assuming we heard about the polls from TRU) that these were the potential sets, and it was pretty obvious from feedback it wasn't the Slave I. Thus, either Home One or Palpy's Arrest. Razz
DestructiveZombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know, I'm just saying. Wink

DeviantART|Brickshelf
The Brain Eater
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, thanks for looking out for me. I'm careful with my sources, though. Wink Very Happy
Darth Greeble

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say that I'm with some of the others here. I was hesitant about the CW sets at first, but slight pricing issues aside, these are some nice sets. Even the cartoony minfigs are starting to look good (especially the new Dooku and Yoda).

I thought that the Clone Wars TV show would be awful, but if you give it a chance, it actually seems like a real Star Wars show.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO Star Wars All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5
Jump to: