FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

 
 ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Are you sick of Star Wars?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO Star Wars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Dazombie
ZOMGpire!


Joined: 04 Feb 2005
Location: Lavalcula, Québecula, Canadania

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gause wrote:
But I still collect because I choose to, just like you whine because you can Smile


Care to elaborate on that a little bit? Because most of the posters here mainly mentioned that they still choose to collect, just like you... So... where is the whining anyway (at least, in this thread) ?
_________________

Bricklink | Brickshelf | QuéLUG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
renegade
Mysterious Stranger


Joined: 25 Feb 2005

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are many reasons why Lego is getting harder for me these days. Mostly it has to do with space (running out), time (2 kids and work takes up tons of time) Teaching my Son (we build a lot together, but at his age we get out directions, I dig up the pieces and he puts it together with me helping him out if he runs into problems) and of course money.

But Lego has also made it tougher for me. They are putting out so many great sets that there is no way I could get all the ones I want. Take Batman. I think the line is cool, but I won't be getting any. Star Wars is still top priority and my son really likes exoforce so those are the 2 main lines I get these days. Vikings also looks cool, but I can't see how to fit it into what I have already.

The other tough thing though is the number of very pricey SW sets that Lego has out right now.

UCS Tie - 100
UCS ATST - 100
Sand Crawler - 130
CTT - 90
Sail Barge - 90
ISD - 100
X Wing - 50
Slave 1 - 50

(prices may not be accurate, but close enough)

The only set out right now that I want and don't have under 50 is the Tie Interceptor.

The sheer number of high price sets out right now is duanting and discouraging, since I would love to be able to get them.

Fortunately the 2007 line looks to have several inexpensive sets that are cool so I am excited about that.

One thing I see in the forums (and has been brought up) is how snipity people are about the set designs. The models coming out now are genuinely better built models than the ones we got in 99 and 2000 by a significant margin. The piece to price ration has improved in our favor on the latest sets, and we are getting sets that we have wanted that either weren't produced before, offer significant cheap army building opportunities, unique minifigs, or that even the anti rerelease folks wanted to see redone (ATST).

Lego is doing a great job with its sets, and ultimately that is the problem. It makes the decision process so bloody difficult.
_________________
Renegade

In a gathering storm comes a tall handsome man
In a dusty black coat, With a red right hand
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Voice of Reason



Joined: 17 May 2005
Location: Naples, Florida

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel that a lot of points I agree with have been well articulated in this discussion. Since I see little sense in reiterating, I feel compelled to share my perspective of the LEGO Star Wars experience.

LEGO Star Wars tapped into an existing mythos - one we were all familiar with. LEGO proved to be an excellent caricature of characters and a story with which we had already made a connection. It is no surprise it has been their most popular line.

Personally, I love what LEGO has done with Star Wars. Sure, the source material is limited - but the fun and enjoyment is not. For those who have grown weary of the LEGO Star Wars experience I offer my condolences. Fortunately LEGO has other products to offer you. For those that share the love, I welcome the opportunity to revel in the joys of LEGO Star Wars here on FBTB with you. Play well. Build well. Have fun. Relax. Create!
_________________
My current
Ebay auctions.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
thief



Joined: 09 Aug 2005
Location: CT

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well for me It is starting to become a place of collecting wich I enjoy. I also like to customize things to be creative. As much as I love the other sets in lego I just don't have the money to get all the starwars I need and others. + shelfspace is running in the 1/2 or 2/3 area's on my shelf. So this means that I will eventually I will be redisining my room to reconstruct my lego shelf enough so not to much lite is on them.
_________________


My Coolyest Gallery Check it out and see what you like.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Obi-1-kenobi



Joined: 29 Jul 2005
Location: Anaheim, California

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember my post in late July? Well I have also grown tired of LEGO. Most of my sets are dismantled and in a box. Except for a few that need to be. I visit this site mabey once a day and go straight to the BCS. So i would think my answer is yes.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
-=skywalker=-



Joined: 04 Jan 2006
Location: Huntsville, AL

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clanure wrote:
dWhisper and Draykov,

You two seem (at least in my book) to be the voice of reason (or at least the vocal voice of reason) on this board. Most of your posts are well though out and eloquently written. I commend you both for your contributions to this board!


I agree, you guys do a fine job and use common sense in every post. I for one appreciate having guys like you in this community, a real asset. Smile

Clanure wrote:
So, at the end of this rant, the only real piece to take away is that:

"I'm not burned out on Lego Star Wars, I'm burned out on whiny Lego Star Wars fans."


I also second that, and about a month ago unfortunately an extremely negative member (not going to name names) wore on my last nerve. I might have been a little crude in my remarks but i'm sure most who read what i said about the negative member felt the same way. I'm not burned out on LEGO Star Wars, just the negative people who bad mouth everything about them.

I have been collecting LSW for about 6 years now and it seems every year the sets have improved...I'm a huge fan of the redesigns, i sold my originals when i heard of the redesign sets. As long as they continue to improve the detail on the redesigns i can't complain. As for the new sets, if there's something you don't like about the design you can always modify it...this is LEGO after all. I wish more people on here would realize that, LEGO is not perfect...it's up to the builder to achieve the perfection they are looking for.

My only true complaints are that my wallet might not be big enough to buy as many army builder battle packs as i'd like to...nor will i have enough display space to collect the Batman sets. But that's nothing against TLG, that's more to do with a baby on the way Smile

-=Skywalker=-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ZombieDraykov
Undead!


Joined: 07 Feb 2005
Location: Lone Star State

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

renegade wrote:


The sheer number of high price sets out right now is duanting and discouraging, since I would love to be able to get them.


How about we add a $500 Falcon on top o' that heap of a wishlist, shall we? Wink

Quote:

One thing I see in the forums (and has been brought up) is how snipity people are about the set designs. The models coming out now are genuinely better built models than the ones we got in 99 and 2000 by a significant margin. The piece to price ration has improved in our favor on the latest sets, and we are getting sets that we have wanted that either weren't produced before, offer significant cheap army building opportunities, unique minifigs, or that even the anti rerelease folks wanted to see redone (ATST).


Agreed. What really gets me these days is that folks are slamming down their 2 cents about how mad they're going to be if LEGO doesn't do X, Y and Z with some new, highly anticipated set we just heard about today and haven't even seen yet. It's the same type of kids that have "Sith nunchaku pwnz U!!!" in their sig. Wink

############]###[[[[[[(o)>-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-<(o)]]]]]]###[############
_________________
Hail Brains!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lowlead



Joined: 05 Feb 2005
Location: Downeast

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not at all sick of Star Wars.

Like others, it is the theme that brought me out of my dark age. Although the license has been extended, there will come a day when Star Wars sets are no longer made - so in spite of some highs and lows, I stay focused on collecting this single theme.

Long before the SW line, in the days of #928, I can recall the regret I've experienced by not getting a desirable space or castle set when I saw it on the shelves. Since LEGO and Star Wars were my two favorite childhood toys and I now have considerably more disposable income, I prefer to have a complete collection when all is said and done.

The chase, the fact finding, the discussions, the bargain hunting, and above all the friends I have made, are all part of the experience for me - so I'm enjoying every bit of it while I can.
_________________
>Me<
Brickshelf Gallery
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
menono



Joined: 10 Jul 2005
Location: Troy, Michigan Posts: 999999999999999

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like to think of it as: If I don't get them now, later on when the license ends I'll wish I had.
_________________
-In the top 10 middle school trumpeteers in Michigan
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
R2 Lou2



Joined: 27 Jun 2006
Location: On board The Lemony Falcon!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sick of Star Wars.
For me the movies and the lego are pure escapism, sure i fall asleep after ten minutes of putting one of the DVD's on but at least i'm relaxed at that point which is more than i can say for the rest of my crazy life.
Lego's the same, when i build a set i'm 7 again and when you're 7 things are so much simpler Razz
_________________

Brickshelf
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Jargon



Joined: 01 Jun 2005
Location: Possessing the body of Jake_Snicket

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I can't say I'm sick of Star Wars, I'm definately not as . . . obsessed, shall we say.
I'm more interested lately in creating my own original content than mucking about in someone elses.
Actually, now that I think about it, I've been moving towards this for a while now.
However, I do still enjoy Star Wars as a story, just not as an . . . obsession.
    - Aaron

_________________

Andrew wrote:
You're the dead cat of love
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
renegade
Mysterious Stranger


Joined: 25 Feb 2005

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Draykov wrote:
renegade wrote:


The sheer number of high price sets out right now is duanting and discouraging, since I would love to be able to get them.


How about we add a $500 Falcon on top o' that heap of a wishlist, shall we? Wink


Oy Vey Rolling Eyes

Yeah, the Falcon is amazing and I would love to get one, but while contemplating placing an order reality knocked on the door to remind me that I just can't do it. So unfortunately most of the sets on that list will remain on the wish list indefinately.
_________________
Renegade

In a gathering storm comes a tall handsome man
In a dusty black coat, With a red right hand
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jedifireman219



Joined: 17 May 2005
Location: Auburn, KS

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know I'm not sick of it. I credit Star Wars Lego with bringing me out of my lego dark ages. Most of this was induced by being afraid of my girlfriends/dates seeing my lego. I was mortified when my girlfriend/who is now my wife discovered them in my closet. Then she said, hey those are cool, let's build something. Not, to mention, she liked Star Wars since she was a kid just like me. Wow, how lucky can I be?!

I figure life is short. You can't take your money with you. So, you might as well have what you want. In my business I see good people go before their time. I'm going to be happy when I go.

When I went looking for our second home I specifically looked for one with a full basement that I would have plenty of room for my collection. Now, all I have to figure out is how to display lego without it getting so darn dusty!
_________________
Build or Build NOT, there is no TRY.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Marty



Joined: 05 Mar 2005

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been a fan of SW since way back in 77 when it all began, never went to see the movie, but read the book.
Had most of the Hasbro figures & sets (including the cardboard DS!!!) but gave all away when I came to Australia, boy was I dumb?
However when Lego decided to do the range in 1999 it renewed my passion for SW and collecting.
I loved the little snowspeeder & X-wing, but after a few years down the track of collecting things are begining to waver, I think this is because of two reasons. One Lego has tried to cover all the six movies whereas the only movies I'm interested in is the first 3, actually the first 2!
The second reason is that they bombard us with remakes though I have to say if the UCS falcon hadn't been released, theres no-way I would have bought anymore Lego this year until the Hoth base was released as I don't see the point of the last lot of sets, as most are remakes.
I do think if Lego wishes to compete in todays toy markets they have to cater for a broader spectrum of fans, and if you have to make from Eps1 please make the royal sliver ship along with the princess as to leave it out was just plain mean! I know, as I bought all those sets and was bloody dissapointed when it wasn't realeased The same goes for the Tauntaun, Wampa and probe droid, not to mention a cantina & deathstar. Even Hasbro knew they where on a good thing with that one?
Ok I'll get off the soapbox now. Rolling Eyes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
11numnumnum
Undead!


Joined: 13 Jan 2007
Location: Isn't it Obvious?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am most certainly NOT sick of Star Wars. I surf wookieepedia at least once a day, I just got the whole Thrawn trilogy to read, and I'm saving my money 'til summer so I can afford all the new Star Wars sets, and maybe some SW books. So yea, I'm still obsessed (much to my brother's (and my wallet's) dismay)
_________________
I has a flickr!
It's Official: I got Eighth in Reasonably Clever's Pumping Iron Contest!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
kevblee



Joined: 03 Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles, CA

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure I'm so sick of Star Wars, as I am paying for sets that are over $50.00. It's sort of a double edged sword.....you have to spend the bucks to get a set of decent size. But if you inventory your sets like I do....it gets painful to see how much money you've spent on collecting these sets since '99. And with new sets coming out, that average over the $50 price point , there is no end in sight to the spending. Who doesn't want the new Falcon...but $500.00.......there goes some peoples budgets for the next 2 years of Lego Star Wars.

And 8 years with no Taun Tauns......what gives with that? Not to mention a Queen Amidala on the box art, but to date no minifig.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Zombieknight56
Destroyed!


Joined: 10 Oct 2006
Location: A Long Time Ago, but somehow in the Future...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blasphemy!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Zedsier
Undead!


Joined: 31 Jul 2006
Location: Slave I, California

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

About 8 years ago I was obsessed, but now I'm a tad bit more busy with life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness...yay.

But I'm definitely not sick of it.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
errbt



Joined: 06 Feb 2005
Location: Michigan, USA

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Draykov wrote:
I've been "into" Star Wars for 29 years. Granted, I don't live, eat and breathe SW, but it's never too far from my mind, either. SW LEGO is what brought me out of my Dark Ages once and for all.

There are certain aspects of SW LEGO that I'm sick of, but that has relatively little to do with the products themselves and my purchasing of them. This site, while I still enjoy it, has become almost as much to do with "entitlement" as it has to do with the energy and enthusiasm we all (presumably) share for SW LEGO. I also tire of the fact that there are no original space themes, but I enjoy and look forward to SW LEGO in spite of that fact.

When will it end? 2011? I think maybe some of the disillusionment that comes with this particular licensed line is, when things started out in 1999, there was nothing but potential and excitement. People guessed at what would be made, and were reasonably assured of seeing it because, at that time, not much had been made. Heck, we didn't even have all of the PT under our belts, so we were hoping for all kinds of cool stuff. 7 years in, people are starting to get pissed that there are no taun tauns. The promise of televised SW, for many, holds little promise given how mediocre a lot of folks (my old-timer crowd) thought the PT was. As for redesigns...well, there are sets that haven't been done that I'd like to see, but there are also sets that have been done that I'd like to see done better. For that reason, I don't mind redesigns. I don't happen to think they are so utterly devastating to the prospect of seeing sets that have not been done yet.

So, in short. No, I'm not sick of SW LEGO. There are a lot of sets right now that I haven't purchased, but that's do more to timing and budget than lack of interest. I have several casual hobbies that tend to go pretty cyclically. I may be not as interested in LEGO for a while and do some photography or something else, but I always maintain an undercurrent of devotion to my LEGO that keeps me coming back to it.


So well said, Draykov! I could practically cut-and-paste this as my response, except that I never had a dark age, with Star Wars never going too far from my mind, even from '85 to '95 or so. Also, I'm pretty sure I'll NEVER get sick of Star Wars LEGO, since I've been building Star Wars LEGO for 24 of the 30 years in which Star Wars has been in my life (or at least 28 of the 30 years if you count THIS - the pic even has the date stamp on the corner for added credibility Razz )!

-Brian
_________________
My Star Wars LEGO customs:

My MOCpages page

My Brickshelf Gallery

Myspace Page


Last edited by errbt on Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Duckman



Joined: 08 Nov 2006

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GUYS....DUDES....

Don't forget 1 HUGE important FACT.

Lego is for your imagination. Buy it to build. Do not buy it for obsession or marketing. I have a child on the way, and I have brought a lot of star wars sets for him/her to build when they get older, that I put away for them. Star wars is about excitement, and most of all...hope, that one day we may be like that, travelling to other worlds, and conversing with other beings, (if they exist), its basically Star Trek all over, and a lot of the science fiction that was used back then, is already reality now, we just have been subject to wasting our taxes on war and hpyocrisies.

Anyway, long story short, lego and star wars mix very well, and its about educating our children to embrace fantasy and imagination to build our dreams.....

Please for your own sake, and children everywhere, don't taint imagination with commercialism.

::D:
_________________
Lego Custom Models 4 Sale...

Fully Brick Models Ebay

Fully Brick Models Bricklink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Gaia



Joined: 13 Feb 2005
Location: France

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Athos wrote:
It seems to me that the majority of the sets being released are rehashing previously released sets. The Y-wing, the AT-ST, the falcon, the three X-wings, the seemingly infinite iterations of TIEs. [...] Perhaps this is the weakness of licensed products, there is only a finite amount of source material. Whereas with an independent line, the products are only limited by the imagination of the developers.

SW is quite large theme but Lego must quickly go towards dioramas and playsets (fine bases and castles like Death Star, Echo Base, Theed Palace, a true Jabba's Palace, Mos Eisley...).

And figs, figs, figs, figs. New figs, new characters and cannon fodder like troopers.
Athos wrote:
-Flesh-tones. Now this isn't really an issue with this years line up, but it has been in the recent past. As I am not a die hard Star Wars fan, but rather a lego fan, the sets' appeal is greatly reduced by the inability to use the figures along side my non-licensed figures.

As I was for all-yellow figs, Lando included, I don't mind now. Bad move there.
Athos wrote:
I'd like to hear your thoughts.

I felt really disappointed with the incomplete walkers (AT-ST, AT-AT, AT-TE). Not that empty seats sucked me, but the fact that Lego released very expected figs only in very expensive sets without let a chance for children to get them in cheap sets made me really doubtful about the "we don't answere to AFOLs' wishes because it's a child toy and theme"...

Another thing that bother me in Lego SW is that I can understand the prices differences between USA and the rest of the world, but I'd like Lego to be totally clear on this point.

By the way, 1999-2001 and 2005-2007 are amazing!

As long Lego helps me to gather a "Kenner" figs collection (i.e. OT characters) and gives more importance to LADIES (Leia ! Padmé !!! Aayla, Shaak Ti, Amidala bodyguards...), that's fine for me.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DestructiveZombie
Undead!


Joined: 23 Sep 2006
Location: City of Evil, Canada

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of Course I'm not sick of StarWars. I dont know if I will be in the future. My dad will kill me if I do, since I spent alot of money on Lego for me ove rthe years.
But I dont think this is something that will easly leave my life.
_________________

DeviantART|Brickshelf
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
pharmjod



Joined: 01 Jan 2006
Location: Versailles, KY

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel compelled to respond after reading through this thread. I used to be crazy into Star Wars everything. Figures, micro-machines whatever. I eventually realized that I was to the point of obsession and was really wasting a lot of money on stuff that was neither all that cool nor any type of good investment (on any level). I got burned out. I distinctly remember hanging out with friends in undergrad in the dorms telling them that if LEGO would ever get the Star Wars license I would be the happiest person in the world. Well, the rest is history (at least getting the license bit Smile I fell in love all over again. I no longer collect anything Star Wars unless it is LEGO (in fact, I would be thrilled to get rid of my old collection of crap for even a quarter of whats its "worth"). I get excited about each and every new Star Wars LEGO release.

Sure every batch has some sets that aren't that great. But there is just so much wonderful stuff out there! And there are so few toys that I can feel good about buying not just as a safe financial investment, but knowing that my kids one day (when my wife and I have any) will have high quality crazy fun toys to imagine and play with. Quite frankly, I can't get enough! Usually I just wait to get sets on sale or clearance, but lately I've even been buying sets at full price, just to make sure I'm doing my part in keeping LEGO going.

I am somewhat tired of Star Wars in general but I will be a little sad the day I hear that LEGO is not or is unable to renew its Star Wars license.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
the enigma that is zombie
Undead!


Joined: 12 May 2005
Location: Chicago, IL

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of LEGO sets based on Star Wars? No.

On Star Wars in general? Regretfully, yes. A terminal case of prequelitis.

The first episode of the second series of Spaced does the best job of summing up the Star Wars experience of many OT fans like myself:

Quote:
You are so blind! You so do not understand! You weren't there at the beginning. You don't know how good it was! How important! This is it for you! This jumped-up firework display of a toy advert! People like you make me sick! What's wrong with you? Now, I don't care if you've saved up all your fifty 'p's, take your pocket money and get out!


He's naturally yelling this at a small child. Ah, fandom . . .

badger
_________________
I'm laughing at the superior intellect
*Official Spokesman of Brickarms*
Flickr
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
General Veers



Joined: 30 Jan 2006
Location: Getting on board the next flight to FBTB II

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really hate the remakes, I just would like to see some more Ep. 2 sets instead of more and more remakes of the original trilogy.
_________________
Raptor Fun Fact #73- The raptor's natural enemy is the gas-powered internal combustion off-road vehicle, which is made of evil.

So long everyone, my flight's leaving soon.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SW Lego Nerd



Joined: 13 Aug 2006
Location: Barely South of Igloo's

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never tire of my Star Wars Lego... most likely never will... I am a big kid at heart, and my son loves the stuff as well so we enjoy it together, albeit it is my collection...

I do however tire of people constantly complaining about the prices... do you really think TLC is going to reduce the pricing because you complain, are the Oil companies going to reduce the price of oil because you... the answer is not likely...

All those complaints fall on deaf ears... so why not enjoy what you can afford, or what your parents can afford to buy you... I am sure we would all like to have it all, but that's not the case... and honestly, if we did have it all then what would be next...

It's like a greedy attitude... I want, I want, I want...

As someone mentioned earlier, just look at the signatures of most of the whining and consider the source...

@ Draykov and Dwhisper, you guys always have insightful opinions... keep up the good work
_________________
Talk Nerdie to me...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
aquaphase



Joined: 22 Feb 2007
Location: Dallas, TX

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not tired of SW and I'm definitely not tired of LEGO's involvement in the license. Sure, the prequels left a horrible taste in my mouth (as they did many fans), but the core "feeling" was still there. I'm a rabid fan of the Star Wars novels. In fact, the Expanded Universe holds my fascination much more than the original "canon." I know I'm just echoing what many others here have before, but I really really would like to see just a few EU sets put out by LEGO. I realize that it really is a crapshoot for LEGO to move forward on subject material that isn't familiar to probably about 60-75% of the people buying SW sets, but, to me, it seems like fertile soil for rejuvenating the line.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
RebelZombie
Undead!


Joined: 18 Nov 2005
Location: The beige part of town.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I'm sick of Star Wars Lego right now. I don't want to be, it's just that this whole clone wars thing is entirely uninteresting to me and the minifigs are incompatible with my OT and PT figs. I haven't bought a Star Wars set since the UCS Falcon came out and I don't plan to until they release more OT product. I tried to get into the prequel films for many years but they just never "tickled my fancy", so to speak. Therefore, I'm reverting to 100% OT Lego collector status. Cool Unfortunately, my decline in posting on FBTB correlates directly with my interest level in the SW Lego line right now. I miss having a reason to be here.
_________________
|)0U{|-|3 |)0U{|-|3===================================
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Crusader



Joined: 28 Nov 2006

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rebel Rock, I will be deeply disappointed if I don't see a tenth anniversary MOC of yours featuring a new chrome Darth Vader in a swanky Deathstar penthouse pad surrounded by a horde of slave Leias. It needs to be awesome and yet also deeply disturbing. I expect nothing less from you.
_________________
"He is a very shallow critic who cannot see an eternal rebel in the heart of a conservative." - G.K.Chesterton
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Joedward
Hoover


Joined: 23 Jun 2005

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get your point Rocko, but would you not even say it's worth it to get some of the sets, keep parts and bits of the figures that aren't hideously ugly, and then sell the rest.

Also, have you not considered the 10th Anniversary Vader's TIE Advanced?


Also, what Crusader said. Smile
_________________
Jigame
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO Star Wars All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group