FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

There are many others like them...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Star Wars MOCs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Glorious Kyle

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 12:43 pm    Post subject: There are many others like them... Reply with quote

But these ones are mine:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=113173

Tride and true favorites, might as well post 'em here. The x-wing is based on the ILM model from Ketzer's page (http://www.ketzer.com/prop_replica/xwing.html) I'm always amazed by the contradicting references for these things, but that pattern HAD to be the one for me.

I also try and stay away from bricklink, and and work with the limitations of my own collection- which is huge enough already. Sometimes, I'll only limit myself to working with other SW sets, I got pretty far with the snow speeder.

...oh yeah, I never keep track of scale. Seeing as these things don't actually exist I can't bring myself to accommodate a pilot that doesn't even have knees- if it looks right, it is right.
Dunamis

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I love the x-wing! It looks great!
auriga

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That X-wing looks pretty good, nice coloration and use of SNOT. I also like the front end on your snowspeeder, with the angles plates so better than any combination of slope bricks I've seen thus far. I've seen these wedge plate solutions before, and this looks about as good as some of the better ones. Very Happy
Padawan716
The Comeback Kid

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They do seem to be generally accurate, though that windshield has never looked particularly correct on the snowspeeder. The SNOT, where used, looks appropriate and doesn't overwhelm the models. Man, I really like white X-wings.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
SpaceManMort

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice x-wing, I like your solution for the offset on the engines. The nose is neat to, not using hinges to taper it is a good idea.
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This post and any attachments are for the sole use of the intended recipient and may contain confidential or privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use or disclosure is prohibited and may be a violation of law.
Glorious Kyle

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the kind words! Glad you all seem to approve.

I didn't really want to stick with those standard windshields either, but I was completely up a creek with what I had in my collection (never bought either snowspeeder) so I'll probably change that as soon as I get a chance. It can still fit 2 figs- but not nearly comfortably enough.

Now I'm really gonna have to borrow a digital camera so I can show off my Interceptor, AT-ST, small scale R2 sculpture, Anakin's custom starfighter from the Clone Wars series, and a minifig speeder bike that I actually got to balance on the tips of those ski pieces...

Wow I've been busy, really need that camera!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Star Wars MOCs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: