FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lego Star Wars OT Sets

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO Star Wars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZombieAndi
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 3:35 pm    Post subject: Lego Star Wars OT Sets Reply with quote

I created a big picture with all the Star Wars OT Sets I had over the time.
There are still some missing, aren't it?

Click the picture for seeing it in big - but it's really big 3000x1500, 900kb.

I hope that one day I will have them all at the same time Smile

Edited because I forgot to add the Final Duell sets into the picture.

FlickrBrickshelf

Last edited by ZombieAndi on Sat Aug 12, 2006 3:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
ZombieAndrew
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's pretty nice Andi!

I only have around twevle OT sets right now, big ones, but not that many. I to hope I can get all my olds sets and new ones together someday!
Hair Jedi
Fuzzball Rocker

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool pic Andi Smile

Seeing as I currently have 113 of 140 sets available... I dunno how I'd be able to get a picture of them all of any decent quality.

Perhaps after we move into the new house I'll be able to come up with something.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Enigma
Lazy Hippy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lucky...I've always wanted that little T-16 Skyhopper for some reason, ever since I played Star Wars Rogue Squadron 2: Rogue Leader. I envy you Andi.

Enigma? Flickr? Word...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
hossrex

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh... I actually spent a lot of time looking at this picture. Smile

Good job.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ZombieAndi
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Lego Star Wars OT Sets Reply with quote

Sorry for bringing back such an old thread.
But since the weekend I don't need to copy/paste anymore, if I want a picture of the most OT Lego Sets. Smile
They are all standing in my shelf, all built, all at the same time in my collection.
It took a long time, but it was worth. It's an impressive and amazing view looking at over 30 Star Wars Sets Smile

FlickrBrickshelf
theZombieAbides
Undead!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's pretty nice. Here are some questons/comments that popped into my head as I looked at this (in no particular order):

1. I don't see the newer Slave 1 (although the older one is there). Am I simply missing it, or don't you have it?

2. Lack of UCS = Crying or Very sad Or aren't you counting UCS as OT?

3. This would look a lot nicer of you removed some of the clutter from the background (if only for the sake of the picture) like the books, etc. Perhaps take pictures of each area so that we can have a better look at them.

4. Is that a Mulder/X-Files Poster being hidden behind those bookcases and if so, why isn't it being displayed in full view?

5. 90210? That's just embarrassing. Laughing

6. Weren't there 3 distinct snowspeeders (including the one with the Hoth Base)?

7. I'm fairly sure there were 2 or 3 MFs besides the UCS one...

8. Were you simply aiming for one of each kind of ship, or one of each set (in the OT)?

Last edited by theZombieAbides on Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:43 am; edited 1 time in total
ZombieAndi
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, okay, let's answer some your questions:
- I decided to collect only one of the unique ships => ships like Slave 1, Millennium Falcon. There is only 1 in the movie, so I need only one as well.
- No UCS because only Lego System Sets with Minifigs
- I made a lot of pictures of each area, I'll upload them to my flickr and brickshelf gallery soon, but this time I wanted to make one photo with everything.

FlickrBrickshelf
Rudders

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trying to collect all of the sets is so expensive. I am a completist and I have only 27 sets left to get now. Man it is an expensive hobby though.
theZombieAbides
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andi,

Actually, when I first got back into LEGO, that was my idea as well: collect the OT and leave the rest alone. However, the more I built, the more I wanted, and soon succumbed to buying one of each set. As Rudders said: it ain't cheap. However, at this point, I own all 2006 and 2007 sets except for the A-Wing and MTT (which I intend to pick up soon), excluding the UCS sets.

Personally, I'd say the important ships to own would be:
Rebels: X-Wing, Y-Wing, A-Wing, B-Wing, Snowspeeder, Millenium Falcon.
Imperials: Tie-Fighter, Tie-Interceptor, Tie-Bomber, AT-AT, AT-ST, Star Destroyer, Imperial Shuttle
Other: Jabba's Sailbarge & Desert Skiff, Slave I, Luke's Speeder, T1 Skyhopper, Sandcrawler

It appears that you have all of these, which is good. Have you been buying the army builders as well? I realize the ships are crap, but the figs are great. Also, the 2006 Slave I was really nice, and IMO looks a lot cooler than the original. But don't take my word for it, just ask Junsier (who seems to be the authority on all things Boba Fett related).
ZombieAndi
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJudeAbides wrote:

Actually, when I first got back into LEGO, that was my idea as well: collect the OT and leave the rest alone. However, the more I built, the more I wanted, and soon succumbed to buying one of each set. As Rudders said: it ain't cheap. However, at this point, I own all 2006 and 2007 sets except for the A-Wing and MTT (which I intend to pick up soon), excluding the UCS sets.

Over the last 4 years,I had them all, everything from Mini to UCS. But never at the same time, I bought a few sets, discovered other ones, so I sold them and bought the others.
But with the time that was no fun anymore, especially when I realised that there were a few sets which were really 'must-haves' for me, but they were now a lot more expensive than when I bought them the first time and what I got for it when selling.
All these Must-Haves were from OT, so I finally decided to get all the Minifig Sets from OT and keep them. And leave the rest alone. I built them all, I have photos from all of them, but for collecting I prefer the OT System Sets.

Regarding Slave 1: I have the figs from the new Slave, but somehow I think the old one looks cuter.

FlickrBrickshelf
DestructiveZombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's rather sad, I didn't notice your first post was from two years ago and I was thinking...I see alot of newer OT sets missing Razz

DeviantART|Brickshelf
speaknspell
LEGO Community Relations Coordinator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the trees you made.

Steve

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=airspreaded
http://www.flickr.com/photos/speaknspell/
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO Star Wars All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: