FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ended: An exclusive Adv.Alt AT-AT contest
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Contests and Community Builds!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darkkazmo
Lord of the Bricks

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 10:17 pm    Post subject: Ended: An exclusive Adv.Alt AT-AT contest Reply with quote

First of all, sorry for not being able to post around like I used to, working seven days a week has reduced my online activity drastically, not to mention my building time. But Iím trying to find a solution for this problem by utilizing my time a bit better, and eventually I have to drop one of my working days for my >:3. Anyhow, here is a contest for me and you to enterÖ If you have followed my Adv. Alts project in the past, you will know where Iím coming from with this exclusive contest, and that project is far from over, and here is one way for me to star on it againÖ

Followers of the darkside, here is an evil destructive mission for you, and Advanced Alternate mission, are you up to the challenge? If so, bring it on you Vader wanna beís

The survived Emperor wants you to build him an Advanced Alternate AT-AT beast like to crush those nasty unstoppable rebels once and for all. And after a considerate thought, he decided to call you in order to challenge his most evil master builder Darkkazmo for this specific commission.
Darkkazmo giggled sarcastically at first when he heard of such challenge, but agreed to accept.

The rules: (Read them carefully)

_ The new Advanced Alternate AT-AT look alike must be made ONLY out of the official Star Wars LEGO sets of your choice excluding the UCS. (In other words, UCS are NOT allowed).
_ The model must be made in the minifig scale.
_ No other LEGO sets or products are allowed. Star Wars sets are your only medium here.
_ You could pack up to Twenty sets into the model. No more than 20, thatís the maximum limit.
_ You could also use multiples of certain sets. (For Example: Two AT-AT sets, three of MINI AT-ST, four of the X-WingsÖETC)
_ You must list all the sets you have used in building the model.
_ No CAD models here, only real unaltered LEGO bricks.
_ Good pictures are very encouraged.
_ Be creative and articulate with the features and the design concept.
_ Be very wary of the color schemes youíre choosing, so, choose your sets carefully.
_ Multiple submissions are OK. (If you have the time!)
_ Deadline: Aug 15th 2005---> Updated.
_ Since Iím entering the contest, the judging for this particular contest will be the FBTB members.
_ This one might be a hard contest, but Iím sure many are capable of the challenge.
_ One winner will have the Emperorís blessings.
_ The Prize: Undecided for now, but it will be a LEGO set. If I happen to win, Iíll donate the prize to second place.
_ Have fun, and Iím sure that I will. Twisted Evil

Edit: Updated the rules: The sets maximum limit is now 20 in order to make your building experience a bit more liberal, and I forgot to mention that the contest is only open for the minifig scale.

My Brickshelf Gallery

Last edited by Darkkazmo on Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:15 pm; edited 4 times in total
Darkkazmo
Lord of the Bricks

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, btw, the next OT concept vehicle contest will be announced soon as well, so stay tuned.

My Brickshelf Gallery
erikutt

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sounds awesome, but i dont know the bricks of my sw sets, so evryone else, GOOD LUCK.

Erik
Cheese

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, same for me, all my sets are in peices
Pepa Quin
The Falconer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just go on Bricklink or Peeron, their lists are fairly accurate.

And we've got until JULY to do this! Don't give up now! Smile
porschecm2

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkkazmo wrote:
Oh, btw, the next OT concept vehicle contest will be announced soon as well, so stay tuned.

Ah, I'm glad you put that in there. I was getting worried that this was the next one. This is an awesome contest too, but I won't be entering, because all my sets are sorted, and it's too much work to re-sort sets back out. Still, it'll be awesome to see what people can come up with for this, and I can't wait to see the next OT concept contest. Very Happy

Cm2

MOCpages
Schism

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, my. This is quite the contest. I'll have to go fish out my Star Wars sets now. To the slaughter!

MOCpages gallery
We all make choices. But in the end... our choices make us.
Huffy1968

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with porschecm2 - I'd love to enter, but I really don't want to re-sort my bricks or break up any display sets... Crying or Very sad But it's a great competition, and I look forward to what everyone comes up with.

It goes without saying I'm entering the next OT concept contest, though... Very Happy
LegosJedi

Location: Building with LEGO, somewhere, in a galaxy far, far away...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um, I bought a Gungan Sub at a GoodWill andall the pieces weren't there. Could I still use it?
Padawan716
The Comeback Kid

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as you don't need the missing pieces.

The point is to use *only* pieces that come in star wars sets. You don't have to use all of them.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Darkkazmo
Lord of the Bricks

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Padawan716 wrote:
As long as you don't need the missing pieces.

The point is to use *only* pieces that come in star wars sets. You don't have to use all of them.

Legosjedi,
Exactly what Paddy said.

My Brickshelf Gallery
ApophisV

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is my first entry:

Imperial E-AT-AT "Wild Cat"

Pictures:
Main gallery | In-Progress shots | cockpit interior

Description:
The design for this walker was based on a wild cat's anatomy. I have never completely finished it, because the poor thing jumped off my closet while I was away for one hour... Sad Crying or Very sad

This MOC features 15 points of articulation (3 for each leg, 2 for the neck, one in the middle of the body), a gunner at the back and one gunner at the top.

Used sets:
4477 - T-16 Skyhopper
4480 - Jabba's Palace
4483 - AT-AT (x3)
4500 - Rebel Snowspeeder
4504 - Millenium Falcon
7106 - Droid Escape
7127 - Imperial AT-ST
7130 - Rebel Snowspeeder
7131 - Anakin's Podracer
7134 - A-Wing Fighter
7141 - Naboo Fighter
7142 - X-Wing Fighter
7143 - Jedi Starfighter
7144 - Slave I
7146 - TIE Fighter
7152 - TIE Fighter & Y-Wing
7153 - Jango Fett's Slave I

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ApophisV, your "Wild Cat" rocks!! You definitely set the bar high on this contest.
dark_sided_sam

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 8:53 am    Post subject: An idea Reply with quote

I think u should post antoher thing for people to make AT-AT's out of watever lego they want. All my legos mixed :D

May the force be with you.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
brickscout

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 7:47 pm    Post subject: Well so much for that idea! Reply with quote

I thought, wow finally a contest I could enter or try to enter because all I have are star wars lego sets and I would love to try building a cool version of an alternate AT-AT...but then I scrolled down and saw ApophisV's entry!!!
Shocked Way to go! That is absolutely amazing. I think I will stick to voting. And to think I was about to go unpiece my 6 At-At's to try to enter...maybe I am just lazy...but anyway ApophisV I look forward to seeing more of your work. Are you related to ACPin? ::D:
gold_2

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess nobody gets it. Darkazmo sponsers these contests so people will actually get out and build. What you do may inspire another, and that person another. its the Lego cycle of life! Wink

it doesn't matter if you don't think you'll win, because you absolutely lose if you don't try. Joseph loves the bricks, and loves innovative and new ideas and creations. that's what he's trying to encourage and promote here.

sorry to step on your toes Joseph, but I thought you'd agree that lately there are too many indians and not enough chiefs. we can't all be judges. c'mon guys, lets see some more entries! otherwise, there won't be anything for the judges to vote on. ::D:
Darkkazmo
Lord of the Bricks

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello all,
Sorry for not posting here in this forum in a while, I was too busy (still am) with my work since there are few changes are taking place now at my job since I took over a new position, but things will be settling down soon (I hope)... Plus, I was waiting for that Mecha contest to end and get it out of the way before focusing on the other ones that are taking place...

Well, here I am now, coming back from my suspended building dark age! Yeeesh, I haven't built in a long long time!

First of all, Apo, you did a great job on this entry, although I feel if you get rid off some of those distracting blue highlights, that color scheme for this killer walker would flow better in there, and that's just my opinion! And I'm looking forward to challenge that thing.

Now, the main idea "honestly" from this contest is to kick my self in the *** (you know where) and get me some self motivation to build again, I have few project currently in the making, and building some of these Adv.Alts is one of them... And I said, hey, instead of keeping this kinda building for my self, why I don't get some of you building with me, and see what we can come up with, that's all...

OK, you don't have to build something massive in size here to see if you can get it as an entry, the idea is, how you build it and how you design it. And if you don't know where to start, here is an idea, get your already built official LEGO AT-AT and start tweaking it here and there with some of your other Star Wars LEGO sets, and from my experience, a few will do to get some impressive results (especially those MINI sets), don't get intimidated, just get things rolling and go for it. If it still sucks, try again and let us see it, and we will (at least I will) comment on it and maybe advise you what to fix.. Just get it started, the Star Wars line has a lot to offer, it's rich of some really great parts that could spark an idea on how your model will take shape.
Another idea if your imagination fails you, get a piece of paper and start drawing things until you see something cool to start with, then look at the Star Wars sets and see which ones have some of the right parts to get your illustrated model take shape, and while building look for various of building techniques to see what looks cool and what it's not... And that's how I do things around... Hope this helps.

Now, I will try to get started on this pretty soon, and show you more than one example to better illustrate my words in here, cool? Wink
Gold_2, thanks bud, you just nailed it on the head, now get something going yourself, OK.

Hey people, consider it as a fun team project, if you don't wanna build something big, smaller walkers will do, as long as they fit one minifig in there to pilot that thing, and as long as you feel you did your best on it. Also remember I'm not the judge here... So let's get rolling.

My Brickshelf Gallery
ApophisV

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkkazmo wrote:
First of all, Apo, you did a great job on this entry, although I feel if you get rid off some of those distracting blue highlights, that color scheme for this killer walker would flow better in there, and that's just my opinion! And I'm looking forward to challenge that thing.

Yes, I wasn't sure about them either. But I had the silly problem that the selected sets hadn't too much parts for covering such a big thing with greeblies...

Dude, I'm really looking forward to your entry! Shocked

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 6:55 pm    Post subject: Well, twist my arm! Reply with quote

Well I have to admit I need to be pushed. So thanks to gold_2 because I took his point and decided ok I'll give it a shot. I do not have pictures posted yet but I should hopefully by Sunday of my work in progress. I'll give you some quick info about it.
I started out with an idea as a joke but as I started building it I started to like my own creation and using parts from 6-8 AT-AT's only, I think it is pretty cool. I am not much for detailing and color but the actual model and what it can do is pretty unique. By the way It has less parts than one AT-AT even though I used 6-8 AT-AT's(So do not expect anything huge.) It fits 16 Snowtroopers(or mini's in general) Anyway...pictures later. I am stepping up to the plate so lets see others now.
brickscout

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I may not have followed the guidlines but this started as a joke at first anyway so I am gonna go with it. This is the CATAPILA

"Clone All Terrain Armored Personnel Iregular Land Assaulter " (Sorry about the last word but if you can think of a better name for me please do.)

It moves much as you would think it would by its looks, but it can roll like a destroyer droid with its inertia and centrifugal dampaners for speed or crawl slower to get up and over those hard to reach places that an AT-AT just can't reach.
It has 7 segments with two troopers each with the 8th segment being the cockpit/head with two pilots.
It has 16 multi directional light blaster canons(2 per segment)
Oh and by the way it can really roll well with out falling apart.

Sets Used:
8 AT-AT's but has less than one AT-AT worth of parts. If I were to estimate it has about 400 pieces to it and took about 2 hours to build.
Again I am awful at color schemes but anyway...

The pictures are posted in my Brickshelf gallery so I do not know how long before they will be public but here is the links:

Crawling:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=1266484
Upright Assault:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=1266486
Rolling Assault/Defense:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=1266487
Size Comparison:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=1266491
Ability to Reach great heights:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=1266514

So I guess it doesn't quite fit as an alternate AT-AT model but considering I used only AT-At's to build it and I actually like it you be the judge...
gold_2

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brickscout, that is one-of-a-kind. an odd sort of brilliance, and funny to boot!

I've just started on mine, and I just hope it gets finished. I've got some good ideas, but the building part always holds me back, at least time-wise. wish me luck!
renegade
Mysterious Stranger

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fascinating concept brickscout. I never would have thought of an imperial catapillar.

Hmmm, Maybe we need a slug to add to the creation list.

Good luck gold 2. May the building time be with you.

In a gathering storm comes a tall handsome man
In a dusty black coat, With a red right hand
Device64

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, both models. the WildCat is an amazing moc, and is very exsotic. the Cattapilar is sweet, i could see it crossing canyons and walls, entering rebel bases. Razz
rpgdude

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooohhh....I really like those 2 imperial ships...to bad I can't enter...I have no money!!
Darkkazmo
Lord of the Bricks

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since there aren't as many entries, I updated the deadline to: 24th July 2005. So that would also give you and me more time to make new stuff or even update you existing MOCs.

Must go now and start planning on this one fast. Razz

My Brickshelf Gallery
gold_2

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkkazmo wrote:
Since there aren't as many entries, I updated the deadline to: 24th July 2005. So that would also give you and me more time to make new stuff or even update you existing MOCs.

Must go now and start planning on this one fast. Razz

God Bless you! I was gonna email and ask for an extension but you read my mind. it was gonna be hell writing a paper, doing the take home final, and being a good husband and father on July 4th weekend.
Darkkazmo
Lord of the Bricks

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey EJ, I started working on other MOCs that took my building/posting time away from this contest! I for one thought it was due 7-31-05 Razz...

Man, I'm very behind on posting around here as well, I need to check out a lot of the MOCS that has been posted lately, and I don't know where to begin. Lowlead's, or Warhawk's, or Greedo's, or Fox's, or the other million new ones... Man, I need to pull my **** together fast.

On the bright side, I started building once again... Muahahaha. Twisted Evil Wink

My Brickshelf Gallery
DarthAron 478

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This should be fun. Count me in!!!
King O' Zombies

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ME TOO Exclamation

BRING IT ON Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Twisted Evil Very Happy Twisted Evil *turned to Dr.Jackle & Mr. Hide*
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Lucas Quiggly
King O' Zombies

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crap I'm Dropping I getting to Stressed out trying to build and it falling apart over and over again Sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Contests and Community Builds! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: