FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ended Contest #6: Vignette: Winner Selected!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Contests and Community Builds!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Final Round Contest #6: Vignette
Big_X
18%
 18%  [ 40 ]
Mark Stafford
16%
 16%  [ 37 ]
TheBohrok
13%
 13%  [ 29 ]
Kaminoan
25%
 25%  [ 55 ]
fmoo
26%
 26%  [ 57 ]
Total Votes : 218

Darktide

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations Dennis for a well deserved win!

A special thanks to all of the finalists- you all made it a difficult decision in the end.

Thanks to everyone who entered- there were so many creative vigs to choose from. Great work everyone!

Brickshelf
This ground is not the rock I, thought it to be...
Big_X

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kudos to Fmoo for a great vig. As excellent a build as it is, I don't think it's half as good as your presentation. I can't get over your photography skillz. You've definitely earned the win.
Kaminoan: yours is just as deserving of the win.
Mark: While everyone was watching for the the neck-and-neck winner, I was wringing my hands with anticipation over the battle for third. I'll forgo the blatant in-your-face victory dance (for now) and just say that getting more votes than a builder like Mark Stafford is a great personal victory and I'll likely save a screen shot of the results and make it my wallpaper. Our bricks will likely clash again soon. I only hope I'm just as lucky then as well. Wink
TheBohrok: Your vig shows some excellent building techniques and certainly merited closer inspection. Well done.
To everyone who entered: There were a ton of excellent vigs. I'm glad to see more people building with their LEGO instead of only displaying some run-of-the-mill system sets on their shelf.
To those who were disqualified due to rule infractions/failed drug tests: you guys had some great ideas that should be persued further, even if not for a contest.
Ace: thanks for another great contest.

Regarding my scene selection: I've wanted to experiment with explosions for a while, and this seemed like a perfect opportunity. Wink Maybe next time I'll work in a light brick underneath it.

-Dan
JackFrZombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poohbear14 wrote:
Turkguy19 wrote:
Donner1846 wrote:

I am suprised that so few people voted in on this contest. I was expecting at least 500 votes, given the size of the community. Oh well!

Actually, if you look at past contest, 212 votes is a lot. In the past there were around 100 votes total. This contest had twice that.

Anyway, great job to all and congrats Fmoo! Two times now the person I voted for won Wink

Yeah Donner, this was quite a turn out. Remember, the size of the community doesn't mean that the community is actually that large. We may have 2000 members but at least 1000 of those members have posted either once or never before. Some members are just lurkers who only stop in on occassion. I would say there are about 100 frequent members here so double that is pretty good!

For a while,(6 months) (wow! I didn't know that!) I was a lurker because I had forgotten my password Rolling Eyes Embarassed But in May,during lego,I suddenly remembered,so I posted,voted,and started a thread.

devalII
rcwill

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just want to say again this has been a great contest. Very interesting submissions, lot's of participation and great participation.
jastermereel08

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great contest, can't wait for the next. I think I have a clue of what it may be (read the comments [not the last two]). Wink

Offtopic but, where do live in Ohio, rcwill? *points to my username*
onions
The Mac Daddy [ADMIN]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dude, i'll just tell you right now, it's not a walker contest.
Logan Starfire

Location: somewhere in the Metro New York area... Currently: Contemplating stuff...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On June 9th, or Page 14 of this thread, onions wrote:
and you know, you've just inspired me to launch july's contest early. I'll probably be posting that in another week to give you builders some more time.

See what badgering does? Wink

That's quite okay... July begins Saturday, so none of us will have to wait long to find out exactly what the next non-walker contest will be Very Happy.
jastermereel08

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

onions wrote:
dude, i'll just tell you right now, it's not a walker contest.

And I was just kidding. I ususally don't do contests here anyways, so I don't really care. Rolling Eyes
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Contests and Community Builds! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19
Page 19 of 19
Jump to: