FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone else having trouble avoiding spoilers?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Star Wars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ConanTheLibrarian89

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 3:39 pm    Post subject: Anyone else having trouble avoiding spoilers? Reply with quote

As of late, I've been trying hard to resist the temptation of looking at spoilers... and I've been failing miserably. I was hoping to not know who all died(other than some of the obvious ones) and who gets chopped into bits and what not. Just this morning I found myself veiwing some very informative pictures. Now I feel that I ruined my last chance at not knowing at all what happens in a movie I've been long awaiting.

Last.FM
Ed the Wolf
Superhero

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I've been having some major trouble, especially since the new ep III sets have come out. For the last several months I've been avoiding any thread with RotS in the title but even then I still pick up hints. Staying spoiler free is a lot harder than it used to be.
Poohbear
Silly Old Bear

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know what you mean. I was completely spoiler free for Episode I, and Episode II. All I knew from AOTC was the things from the TV Spots and some of the LEGO. ROTS has been the hardest of all. About the only things I know are from the trailers/spots, descriptions from the ROTS LEGO sets, and some pics.

It's going to be even harder with it only being little over a month away. (I've even made a small makeshift calender...40 days until May 19th!) More news will slowly come out but I'll keep my eyes closed and my ears blocked until opening day.
Schism

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um... no. I haven't had trouble, actually.

MOCpages gallery
We all make choices. But in the end... our choices make us.
Morbie19
Undead!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, I've been rolling in them like Scrooge McDuck in his moneybin. The more the merrier! ::D:

m19

Brickshelf | Flickr
Firespray
Hyperactive

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats why i put the [SPOILERS!!!] thing in front of my spoiler-filled posts so u guys dont see them on accident
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do have trouble getting away from all the spilers, cause I'm right in the thick of them.
Poohbear
Silly Old Bear

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firespray wrote:
thats why i put the [SPOILERS!!!] thing in front of my spoiler-filled posts so u guys dont see them on accident

It doesn't stop me! Thanks though for the pics.
Old Republic
Master Jedi [VET]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morgan19 wrote:
Nope, I've been rolling in them like Scrooge McDuck in his moneybin. The more the merrier! ::D:

m19

Yeah, me too. I avoided spoilers like the plague for the last two movies but I figure that there really aren't any real spoilers for me this time. I've known for a long time what the climax of this movie would be and the rest is just gravy. It's been fun to see spoilers and think to myself "Oh yeah, I saw that one coming." or "D'oh! I don't think I wanted to know that!".
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Faulconbridge

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I appreciate the SPOILERS labels people have been using. When I see that, I don't look at the postings. What irritates me is when I'm reading a forum that has no spoiler warning and someone will post a spoiler in the middle of it. Often they try to hide it by making the text the same color as the background, but sometimes they get the color wrong and you can read it plain as day.

I was pretty good for AOTC, but I happened to pick up an action figure at TRU and the back had a very crucial plot point written on it. I was kind of disappointed at that. But on the whole, I've been able to avoid spoilers for this one.
Firespray
Hyperactive

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poohbear14 wrote:
Firespray wrote:

It doesn't stop me! Thanks though for the pics.

Your quite welcome Smile

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't talking about accidentally seeing spoilers, I was talking about resisting the temptation to look at them.

Last.FM
KJ

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never had a problem resisting spoilers. They've never really been my thing. I did, however, end up reading Matt Stover's novelization which is arguably one of the biggest spoilers there is. Razz I'm really glad I read it, and I must say, it was quite good.
HJR

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don't mind seeing the Star wars LEGO sets of course, but what really pisses me off are episode III pics in people's avatar and/or autograph in their replies. And of course the lack of (beware, spoilers!!!) in some topic titles.

I really would have liked to see episode III without knowing all the AT-ST derivatives and A-to-Z wings that will appear in it, but it's too late for that.

Frankly, I've just stopped visiting Star wars fansites alltogether, nowadays the only site I still visit is Rebelscum.com who are more focused on the Star wars toys rather than other stuff...
Obi-wan Jimboski

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HJR wrote:
I really don't mind seeing the Star wars LEGO sets of course, but what really pisses me off are episode III pics in people's avatar and/or autograph in their replies. And of course the lack of (beware, spoilers!!!) in some topic titles.

I really would have liked to see episode III without knowing all the AT-ST derivatives and A-to-Z wings that will appear in it, but it's too late for that.

Frankly, I've just stopped visiting Star wars fansites alltogether, nowadays the only site I still visit is Rebelscum.com who are more focused on the Star wars toys rather than other stuff...

So, if I told you that Anakin turns into Darth Vader, you would be upset, but as long as there is **SPOILER** attached to it you won't be? Twisted Evil
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Star Wars All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: