FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Question about Droid Tri-Fighter.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Star Wars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greedygreedo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:33 pm    Post subject: Question about Droid Tri-Fighter. Reply with quote

Are they piolted by a droid or something? Or are they like the Vulture Droids with no pilot? Thanks for the help!
KungZombie
ZOMGpire!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I gather (admittedly, this is based purely on the lego set) they're pilotless like the Vulture, but they can deploy one (maybe more in the films) buzz droid (a droid that looks to have directional maneuvering jets and a wicked chainsaw).

Buzz droid seemed silly to me a first (a saw?! This is Star Wars! People use laser pistols and ion cannons and vibroblades, not chainsaws!), but then I realized that Anakin probably forgot to install saw shielding on his fighter. Razz

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw a picture of a Tri-Fighter on Starwars.com dropping about 5 buzz droids so I bet they can hold a quite a few.... Question Exclamation
Padawan716
The Comeback Kid

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

buzz droids seem pretty small. I think they can hold quite a few, Definitely not as big as Lego's.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Big Z
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm thinking they're someone between Pit Droids and R2 units, in terms of size.

Flickr <> Big C's Blog
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
ZombieDraykov
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I saw in the ROTS Visual Dictionary, buzz droids are deployed from the tri-fighers in the form of a missle. Instead of exploding when it reaches the target, the projectile unleashes a buzz droid or two.
ErikSarcasm

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evidence suggests that buzz droids are deplyed in a ball form, like droidekas except fully encased. The ball folds open and are attached to the droid; thus, the two round 2x2 round parts on the Lego minifig.
Firespray
Hyperactive

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

those little round things are supposed to be thrusters so they can move around

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe they're both. Wink
ErikSarcasm

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyway the lego set has those red "eyes" like the hailfire droid so the assumption is they're pilotless... but then again the Commerce Guild Droid should also be self-piloting and it's not (at least the lego set isn't)...
HK-47

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ErikSarcasm wrote:
Anyway the lego set has those red "eyes" like the hailfire droid so the assumption is they're pilotless... but then again the Commerce Guild Droid should also be self-piloting and it's not (at least the lego set isn't)...

Those were self-piloting, but then by the start of ROTS they have re-made them so they are piloted by Battle Droids. I guess they work better that way. Anyway, thats what the books say

I am the only thing that can save us now! Ya, we are all doomed
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Star Wars All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: