FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

millenium falcon history?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Star Wars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
schmeeb

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:51 pm    Post subject: millenium falcon history? Reply with quote

ive been looking for a site that would give me a good history of the millenium falcon. anyone know any good ones?
Firespray
Hyperactive

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lando callrisian got it (forgot how) met han solo and trained him to fly, years later, han won it in a sabacc game and has had it ever since. it is a YT-1300 corellian freighter and has had many modifications by han and lando

thats all i know

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
lando callrisian got it (forgot how) met han solo and trained him to fly, years later, han won it in a sabacc game and has had it ever since. it is a YT-1300 corellian freighter and has had many modifications by han and lando

I don't know where you heard that Lando trained Han... I believe Han was a pilot in the Imperial (or somesuch) forces, which is how he was trained. He freed Chewie at some point, went AWOL and became a smuggler. As far as the Falcon is concerned, though, you're right.
Firespray
Hyperactive

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i read the lando trained han in a book, forgot which one but i think it was the character book, im not sure, and i do know about hans past in the imperial academy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

off topic but also in the imperial academy is where Han knows Dash Rendar from if I remember right who I'm pretty sure has a big part in Han getting the Falcon. But i could be wrong Confused getting old and memories fading :D.
Hair Jedi
Fuzzball Rocker

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Han was actually teaching Lando how to fly, since he no longer had Vuffi Ra, the "droid" pilot he acquired.

As far as I recall, the Falcon was part of the inventory of a used spaceship lot Lando had won. Solo saw it once and fell in love with it.

Lando had already started making some mods to it, and was considering keeping it as his own ship. When Han won the sabbac game, Lando had offered him the pick of any ship on the lot. And since Lando had not flown the Falcon to the tournament they were in, the Falcon was still at the lot, hence, Han chose it, much to Lando's dismay.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Maskatron

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're using search engines, it might help to spell it properly as in 'Millennium Falcon History'. Seems most people misspell millennium for some reason. Smile

Mask
(spelling police)
Firespray
Hyperactive

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hair jedi wrote:
Han was actually teaching Lando how to fly, since he no longer had Vuffi Ra, the "droid" pilot he acquired.

As far as I recall, the Falcon was part of the inventory of a used spaceship lot Lando had won. Solo saw it once and fell in love with it.

Lando had already started making some mods to it, and was considering keeping it as his own ship. When Han won the sabbac game, Lando had offered him the pick of any ship on the lot. And since Lando had not flown the Falcon to the tournament they were in, the Falcon was still at the lot, hence, Han chose it, much to Lando's dismay.

oh my mistake, i got it backwards Embarassed

oh maskatron, its spelled millenium falcon not millennium falcon (should have 1 "n")

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
oh maskatron, its spelled millenium falcon not millennium falcon (should have 1 "n")

Dang it, it's MILLENNIUM!!! TWO N's!! Very Happy

http://www.starwars.com/databank/starship/millenniumfalcon/

Maskatron
DPrime

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I do remember reading that somewhere... hmmm. What do you think Lando was referring to when he said that the Falcon had saved his life quite a few times? When he was hanging out with Han after he had won the ship or before Han got it from him?

Quote:

I think you need to take back that dictionary you bought - it's obviously defective. ::D:
Firespray
Hyperactive

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dprime i actually did check my dictionary and it is misspelled ::D: ::D:
Fuzzball Rocker

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DPrime wrote:
I do remember reading that somewhere... hmmm. What do you think Lando was referring to when he said that the Falcon had saved his life quite a few times? When he was hanging out with Han after he had won the ship or before Han got it from him?

If you read the Lando Calrissian Adventures novels ( LANDO CALRISSSIAN AND THE MINDHARP OF SHARU, LANDO CLARISSIAN AND THE FLAMEWIND OF OSEON, and LANDO CALRISSIAN AND THE STARCAVE OF THONBOKA) you'll see all the back story on events prior to his loss of the Falcon to Han, including the times the Falcon was instrumental in saving him

Hope this helps ya...

Hair Jedi
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
spartan_grunt

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wasn't the millenium falcon appered in rebel assalt 2 the computer game that rookie 1 stole the falcon from the imperials? Confused
Firespray
Hyperactive

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that was another YT-1300 not the falcon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beating a dead horse...

http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?va=millennium

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=millennium

http://www.bartleby.com/61/95/M0299500.html

http://www.askoxford.com/concise_oed/millennium?view=uk

http://encarta.msn.com/encnet/features/dictionary/DictionaryResults.aspx?refid=1861630109

Mask
DPrime

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THANK YOU, because obviously we did need those definitions. Smile

This is quickly going to become a pet peeve of mine because of this thread, I'm sure of it.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Star Wars All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: