FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Worth it or not? (PT DVD Questions)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Star Wars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Poohbear
Silly Old Bear

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 3:14 pm    Post subject: Worth it or not? (PT DVD Questions) Reply with quote

Hey guys and gals,

I've been wondering these past few days about Episodes I and II on DVD. See I have both on VHS. It's not that I don't own a DVD player or DVDs, just the opposite. I never got them on DVD because I still wasn't completely DVD orriented.

Now back to the subject. I have every Star Wars movie that has been released on VHS and now since September the OT on DVD. So I was watching a clip from AOTC on Wal*Mart.com and realized I was missing a good portion of the actual clip. So now I've been wondering, "How much of the movie am I missing?" Also with Episode III coming out next month (I know its gone by quick!) the DVD with follow later and it's suspected it will be released on DVD in October-November. I'm not sure but maybe there'll be a PT collection of the movies like the OT, or next year SW.com will release the Ultimate Collection with all the films.

Ok now I will get back to the subject ::D: ...or will I? Anyway, is it worth it to buy the PT on DVD now or wait until they all get released on DVD. Or if I get them I now I could just sell them later.

What do you think? Sorry for the run-around too Smile
Padawan716
The Comeback Kid

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have fullscreen VHS, I would recommend at least renting them in widescreen DVD format... then you can decide whether it's worth waiting for a trilogy pack or buying each one individually.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Obi-wan Jimboski

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It really does not hurt to get them. The Pod Race sequence in Dolby 5.1 is pretty sweet.

The neat thing about both of them is the bonus discs included if you really want to take a look at how much goes into these movies besides a bunch of dry dialogue and toy licensing.. Twisted Evil

All kidding aside, HOW these movies are made can be pretty intriguing if you are in to that sort of thing.

Keep in mind as well that Lucas ain't Disney and we won't see these films in the "vault" for 10 years. On the contrary, we know we are going to get a 3D version of these films, so expect a 6-movie, 9-disc set of the re-re-re-released version of Starwars...

I can say that in the past 10 years, I have 3 home copies of the SAME $#_%)(^*&@^#_)(*&$#)_(& movies!!
The "see the original one last time" remastered THX edition whcih came out in 1995 on VHS.
The "Special Editions" which came out in 1997 on VHS.
And of course, the DVD editions of the Special Editions featuring A New Hope where Han shoots second, but Jabba looks better and all the guns are replaced with walkie talkies Wink Wink ; ESB with an emperor who looks about 20 years older and 20 pounds heavier; and ROTJ starring Hayden Christenson Evil or Very Mad
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Star Wars All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: