FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ended: Contest #5: 6208 B-wing Fighter Alternate Model
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Contests and Community Builds!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Finalists for 6208 B-wing Fighter Alternate Model
Darkkazmo
14%
 14%  [ 18 ]
DonSolo
29%
 29%  [ 36 ]
morgan19
31%
 31%  [ 39 ]
Saber-Scorpion
23%
 23%  [ 29 ]
Total Votes : 122

Isaac

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nannan wrote:
Understand that when deserving MOCs run low on votes and when certain timely voting patterns occur (PM me for specifics), it is natural to question the nature of the voters.

Kazmo is not the only one to see this, I believe he questions whether the voters are voting for a MOC or a builder, the latter action is biased and stubborn.

"Deserving"? In a contest purely based on opinion, who's to definitively say which is more deserving than another? There's still only around 120 votes, which is not a far cry at all from the first poll's results. There might be reason to get suspicious when it hits 150+ maybe, but until then, all I see this complaining as is griping because the MOC you liked best isn't winning. I'm not going to say who I picked, but I will say that it was purely based on which MOC I liked best, not which builder I liked best.
Darkkazmo
Lord of the Bricks

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turkguy19 wrote:

People are voting for what they want. Thats whats great about this. a "deserving MOC" is only in the eye of the beholder. Every person here is deserving of a vote. Just because a person thinks they deserved more votes, does not mean that they did. Heck, there were several creations that should be in the finals that arent, but you dont hear any of them complaining. Every person gets one vote, how they use that vote is up to them. If they want to vote for a builder, then that is there choice. I frankly dont see how chaning the way we vote will effect the out come or how people choose who they vote for. Also, why is Kazmo more deserving of votes? Myself personally dont think its that great of a creation. Yeah its creative, but I personally dont like the style of his building. To me, he didnt deserve my vote. So does that make me wrong? Hell no, it is my personal choice, and I dont like the fact that you are basically telling me I am wrong for not voting for the "deserving" MOC.

Now wait a minute there pal, I did not say anything, why all this BS I don't understand, if you don't like my work that's fine, just don't say I'm complaining, I'm just saying it would probably be better if we do it the way I suggested whether if I enter or not, counting votes won't take more than few minutes, it's not like we are moving with the speed of light here, this contest for instant took way more time as is due some technical mistake.
And for your info, I don't need a vote from people like you to see if I'm good enough or popular enough, I’ve entered for fun, and that was it....

It was a suggestion, either you agree with it or you don't, just don't jump to screwy conclusions and show the rest of us how smarta** you are.

My Brickshelf Gallery
TurkGuy19
Anime Figure Flickr Floodr

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now you wait a minute there pal:

that wasnt dircted at you, it was in response to what Nanna said. That is why I quoted it. When he is saying "A deserving MOC running low on votes" its obvious who's he is talking about. It was nothing against you, it was just a response to what Nanna said.

So I think you need to cool down there.

This post was in response to your suggestion:
Quote:

Just one question, who is to say who is a legit member? Whos is to say what a legit e-mail address is? Voting by PM, would not be any different then the pole system, just more of a pain because you would have to count the votes instead of it being an automatic thing.

The only thing I see different about your method is the fact that it wouldnt be a public vote. The people that are losing and winning wouldnt know until the end. But other then that bit, your proposed method wouldnt be very great. And truthfully I like the fact that its public, it teaches some people humility, and gives a chance for others to have their 15 minutes of fame.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy on the drama folks. Wink

I'm not sure how this jumped from an exploration of potential alternatives to the poll system to the monstrosity it is now, but I'm starting to think Turkguy was right after all...Confused
Darkkazmo
Lord of the Bricks

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK sorry if I sounded a bit off here, but I wasn't accusing anybody of anything, just to make it clear.
Honestly, I'm honored to see some people liking my work, but I don't look at it as a gauge if I'm good enough or popular enough or anything like that. I already know what I'm capable of... In other words, winning isn't much of a concern here, not around here anyways!

My Brickshelf Gallery
ZombieSolo
... eats you all. [zMOD]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing I want to know right now is how much longer untill the voting ends. When it does, I'll have somthings to say about it.
gold_2

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is an interesting discussion. I personally don't believe voter fraud has been committed in this case, but in the past I am certain it has. DK has a point. only 119 people have voted up to this point, how hard would it be to count them as they are voted (by PM, for example)?

of couse, maybe it is a hassle to count them in this way, and by pushing these measures the FBTBers will be less inclined to hold future contests.

I think it is asking too much to expect the MODs to accept entries from only bona fied members; the voidfighter contest proved that folks crawl out of the woodworks for these things sometimes, and promptly disappear (as I predicted). there are still possibilities of fraud whereby one individual could PM other members and beg/ask for their vote, but I think that's highly unlikely; you really only see that in Congress (zing!).

anyways, good luck toall who entered! Smile
Kaminoan
Fine Clonier [MOD]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many messages does your PM box hold? How long do you think it would take to fill up and auto-delete votes? Plus, what if you got non-vote PMs during this time. My box holds about 30 messages. I have spoken to Ace in the past about this and I believe everyone's box, including his, holds approximately the same. So answer me this, how can you collect 120ish votes and be sure that some weren't lost. People vote how people vote, this is strickly a popularity contest based on the MOC and/or the builder. If you don't wish to participate and be judged by the MOB, then build but don't enter.

This is suppose to be fun, so have your fun and get over any Ego involved, after all it is only plastic and honestly it isn't going to stop any wars raging, feed the hungry, make you a millionare, or get you a job with Lego.

Lets build, have Extreme fun, and Get creative, O-kay

Build for the enjoyment, share for the enjoyment, take part in the community because you enjoy it, and when you don't enjoy it anymore, find something new, don't spoil everyone elses fun.

Sorry for the soap box rant
Kam
Kaminoan's Ebay Auctions
Amber's Revenge
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
bwu

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with what Kaminoan has pointed out, this is supposed to be fun and its only plastic at the end of the day. There's always gonna be underhanded methods wherever you go in life and all millionaires in this world have usually got to where they are by underhanded methods. Your never gonna stop this and maybe it's too difficult and time consuming to prevent for something such as these fun compos in FBTB, it's not worth it to have extra workload for the mod which will put me off from starting any compo.

If the winner really applied dirty tactics then he should understand that he's not the best build but just the dirtiest builder here.

I reckon all mocs are deserving cos everyone has put effort into building and taking pics of their work even if you didn't get a vote. Come on guys this is just for fun, don't get too serious about who should win.

I honestly thought mine was gonna do better (more deserving) but i've come to understand that my ship is not everyone's cuppa tea.

And good luck to all four finalists, can't wait to find out who's the dirtiest one !!! ::D:
Darkkazmo
Lord of the Bricks

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually bwu, I my self thought that yours and Nannan's should have been easily in the top five, surprisingly things didn't go that route... Winning shouldn't be an issue at all, more or less it's basically a popularity contest, and how things appeal to the voters.
If winning were based on technicalities, a judging committee would have been a necessity IMO.

Anyway, back to building fun guys. Smile

My Brickshelf Gallery
ThePlasticJedi
Maple Leaf Defender

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woohoo! Hey Darktide! Our scuffle has been covered over, we are absolved! Wink

I voted for Darks because I liked his design, I felt the others kinda bored me a bit. Darks had a lot going on and interested me.

Dats Just Me

TPJ

Chew them out and spit them up. It's the way of the Nooblet.
Darktide

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Our scuffle has been covered over, we are absolved!"

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHH......

..not if you bring it back up... Wink

BTW...Congrats to the four finalists! Excellent MOCs by all of you!

Brickshelf
This ground is not the rock I, thought it to be...
Morbie19
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does Monday's "this round will last for five days" mean it ended last night (M/T/W/T/F)?

m19

Brickshelf | Flickr
Darkkazmo
Lord of the Bricks

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I unofficially congratulate Morgan on winning this cool contest, and I thank everyone for putting their great efforts in producing some very thoughtful MOCs out of just one set.
And some of you did really outstanding job here, and I think it's time for you guys to exercise the same kinda effort on your new MOCs.

My Brickshelf Gallery
Darth Gundam

Location: Utica NY Age:19 Online: sparodicly Handicaps: Colorblind, ADHD Mood: happy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job Morgan!! Very Happy Very Happy

Something random this way comes...
Lucas Quiggly
King O' Zombies

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YAY MORGAN19! CONGRATS!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Od Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Morgan! Great model Smile

P.S. cool new sig Razz
Brick Fett

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Morgan. Very good ship you've built there.

DarthPineapple

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brick Fett wrote:
Congrats Morgan. Very good ship you've built there.

The same Very Happy

Brickshelf Gallery
Zombie Fetty
Undead!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done m19. Well deserved.

Things are getting strange, I'm starting to worry,
This could be a case for Mulder and Scully
ravenbrand

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Morgan. Well done!
-ravenbrand
Poohbear
Silly Old Bear

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say congratulations to everyone that has participated but especially to the final four contestants! Everyone has done a wonderful job building unique creations using the B-Wing. It's just unfortunate this contest didn't have 150+ votes.
Battle Zombie Alita
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe there were more overall votes in the first round. Less in the correction round. And at last, our results from this final round.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations m19 I can see why I didn't stand a chance now, I think its cos I lacked originality and techniques as shown in your winning model, and thanks to the mods for the great comp, had me checking multiple times a day for updates!!
Darth Cicilion

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sincere congratulations, Morgan19!
onions
The Mac Daddy [ADMIN]

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

morgan19 is the big weiner! congrats. i'll be in touch via pm to get your address.

allow me a moment to address the concerns about voter fraud.

this polling system isn't perfect. heck, even the poll i run for COTW and the front page isn't perfect. there are loopholes and work arounds for everything, but i do my best to keep things as honest as possible. see, i'm the type of person that believes in honesty and a fair game. if someone really wants to go through the hassle of finding email domains, registering, verifying, then voting, and then repeating that process over and over again, that's up to them. personally, i would never do such a thing cause a) i don't cheat, and b) my time is way too valuable to do something as stupid and lame as that. cause in the end, if a person did go to such extreme measures, can they honestly say that they won fair and square? i mean, wouldn't a victory be that much sweeter if that person didn't cheat?

that's the kind of victory i crave for. that's how i live my life. that's how *i* roll. and if i ever get proof of voter fraud, you can kiss bye bye to the forums.

it's happened once before. i won't hesitate to do it again.
Morbie19
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmmm, large hotdogs...

Thanks onions! And congratulations to the final four, as well as excellent work for all the entries. Although I've seen a couple "I wish we had more votes," I tend to see it the other way: look at how many entries we had! I think both this and the voidfighter contest had excellent turnouts, as well as some stunning entries across the board.

--------------------------
As for the thinly-veiled accusations about the voting situation, I'm frankly disgusted at some of the comments that have been posted towards the end of the thread. As far as I can tell the results were consistent for each of the 2 1/2 rounds– the in-progress votes and even the end results were pretty darn close; how or why a couple folks think they saw cheating, I honestly can't say. But as the results turned out the way they did, I can't help but feel that the majority of those accusations were directed at me and, therefore, the quality and/or worthiness of my MOC to win or even be in this contest. It's fine if someone doesn't vote for me– that's their perogative and the nature of a public vote, but it's altogether something else to slag me (and other vote-leaders) and my MOC, either directly or through underhanded comments, because another one isn't doing as well "as it deserves to be". That just reeks of bitterness. And that's all I'm going to say about that because I believe its time has passed.
--------------------------

Again, thank you onions for a gem of a contest and everyone who sent a vote my way, and the multitude of fantastic entries. I think these alternate model contests are my favorites and hope everyone got as much out of it as I did.

(EDIT-)ed for typos and because I like to forget words every now and then.

m19

Brickshelf | Flickr

Last edited by Morbie19 on Mon May 01, 2006 5:22 pm; edited 3 times in total
ZombieSolo
... eats you all. [zMOD]

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alrighty, thanks for the final word Ace! And again, my congratulations to M19 on his awesome ship, you really did earn the win. I'm honored to get second place, it really shows that anyone can build a great MOC eventually. ::D:

And my comment I was holding: I'm not going to go into everything I wanted to say about the timing of the voting suggestion, because it seems like everyone is content with the outcome and we should all move on. But to the few who are in this (and you should know who you are) it's rather obvious what really happened on the 13th page, and it's only entrenching certain attitudes that have been addressed as unwelcome.

* I swear I'm not high, that all made perfect sense. You can ask me if you really want to know - but FBTB already has too many soap operas to follow.

**edited to add: I'm slower than I thought, but I have to agree with M19's thoughts.
Darkkazmo
Lord of the Bricks

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shakes Head...

Guys, guys, take it easy will you, I don't see anybody have accused any contestants for any fraud, I was just suggesting something for future contests that were based on comments made by ajcross123 earlier, but another guy came in and took things out of context!
And if anybody wanted to commit any fraud, it could've been by one of those lowlifes that wants to stir things up and not particularly the contestants, the forums had history of this crap in the past...

What makes sick, is seeing mature people jumping to conclusions because some kid made his own crappy assumptions... I will stop right here now before I say something I regret... Some geeks need to grow up a bit.

Later...

My Brickshelf Gallery
TurkGuy19
Anime Figure Flickr Floodr

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the "kid" your talking about is me, I never made any conclusion that you were talking about this vote having any fraud. All I said was:

Quote:
I just dont think that would be any different then this method. Someone can email a few different votes from a few different e-mail adresses. I see nothing wrong with new members voting, and I think that e-mail voting would be worse because it has a larger chance of being "corrupted" by person voting from several different e-mail adresses.

I just said it would have a higher chance of being "corrupted", and that is true. I never said anything about this way being fradulant. I neer made the claim that your idea was because you were worried about voter fraud. I didnt take things out of context either. I was just stating my opinion on why your proposed method wouldnt be any better.

You said it yourself Darkkazmo, two posts after I posted what I quoted above: "No one was accusing anyone of anything yet"

The first person to say anything about voter fraud, or at least dedicate an entire post for it, was Gold_2. Then everyone else jumped to the conclusion that someone was accusing people of fraud.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Contests and Community Builds! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 14 of 15
Jump to: