FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Midnight Madness

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Star Wars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Repoort
Man of Many Reds

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 12:42 am    Post subject: Midnight Madness Reply with quote

Hello everybody!

I'm faced with a decision to make. Tomorrow night I'll will be heading up the road but to where I do not know. My local Wal-Mart, Target, and TRU are each but a few miles from eachother, and I haven't the slightest clue where to start first. Each store has it's own exclusives, but aside from what I may miss due to the rush of things, each store will be selling the same things. The only real difference is that I got that Target coupon for $1 off each figure bought. Which really won't help me unless I buy a lot of Hasbro figures, but since I'm going for mostly Lego I doubt I'll have much room. So I'm pretty sure I want to start out at Le Target. But where do you guys think I should go second? Oh and my spending limit is just over 50 bucks, I think.

Last edited by Repoort on Sat Apr 02, 2005 4:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Big Z
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, for starters, consider who will be open. TRU's the only one doing an actual midnight shindig, right?

Also, Wal*Mart's tent party will be taking place from 8 AM to 4 PM. So that should help you figure out what time you want to be at which place. Smile

Flickr <> Big C's Blog
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Repoort
Man of Many Reds

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WalMart's tent thing, 48 Hours of the Force, is only going to be at certain stores.

All 3 stores will be opening at 12.
Morbie19
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Repoort wrote:
All 3 stores will be opening at 12.

You think all three will be open at 12 midnight tonight, right? I thought that's what was going on as well.

m19

Brickshelf | Flickr
Big Z
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So all three chains are opening at midnight in your area? That's awesome, I didn't even know Target was doing that.

Regarding Wal*Mart... they're open 24 hours, right?

Flickr <> Big C's Blog
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
JLP

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only Super Wal-Marts are open 24 hours. I think the rest close at 9 or 10.
(and yes, there are some regular wal-marts still around Wink )
Morbie19
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So that accounts for Wal*Marts and TRU... Any word or Target being open or closed at midnight tonight?

m19

Brickshelf | Flickr
Firespray
Hyperactive

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im gonna try and go to the walmart down the street from my moms house when they open cuz that day my mom might have a yard sale and i have a birthday to go to at 1:00 so im gonna be pressed for time there Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are any of the three stores having special Lego stuff?
Big Z
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think so. TRU and Target both have exclusive action figures, and Wal*Mart supposedly has an exclusive action figure carry case. Dunno anything more than that.

Flickr <> Big C's Blog
C-F

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Target is doing Midnight Madness, please let me know. I had no idea Target was doing this. My local Wal*Mart is doing this (But we're an anit-Walmart family) but the TRU isn't in Arizona.

If Target's not not open at midnight, I'll go tomorrow instead, but this IS the last Midnight Madness!

Flickr
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Repoort
Man of Many Reds

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Target is definately opening at migdnight, otherwise I wouldn't have gotten the coupons in the mail. For the rest of you collectors out there, here's a checklist put together by Rebelscum of everything that will be available:

http://www.rebelscum.com/toys2005/4-2-checklist.pdf
NOTICE: You'll need Adobe Reader to view.
Morbie19
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back from the "madness," though I'm hesitant to call it that... Wink My Target and Wal*Mart were most definitely closed tonight, but TRU had the bodies a'packed in. It was insane right at midnight, but I hung around for a while talking with some friends and by 1 am the TRU was almost deserted except for the employees. At that point their stock was ridiculously plentiful, there were boxes upon boxes of all the LEGO sets as well as action figures, lightsabers, vehicles, etc.

No sign of any promotions or any of the giveaways, even at midnight, but it was neat just to see that sort of a mad rush. I ended up getting a few clone walkers and Vader's transformation as well as an Aayla figure. All in all a fun trip, thogh I did have to step back at first and just laugh at the very Wall-Street-esque pushing and shoving that was going on at first. ::D:

m19

Brickshelf | Flickr
ZombieSolo
... eats you all. [zMOD]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's still another 35 minutes to go over on this coast... and I've got a WM and a TRU just a block apart from each other... not sure where to go first Sad

hmm... they LIED to me... WM wasn't open at midnight! but TRU did, I came home w/ a couple figs I wanted and a Bean Buddy R2 I didn't have yet Smile they didn't have nearly as many of the figures as I'd hoped though Sad
Repoort
Man of Many Reds

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got back too. Picked up 70 worth of Lego, the Grievous Unleashed figure, and Grievous' bodyguard basic figure. I had a blast tonight. It was awesome. Amd I made a ton of friends too. Well and I guess it helps that I showed up and hour early.

Oh and my local Target was closed too. And my TRU was not giving out the holo Yoda figure.
legopal

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No promotion or giveaway anything like that. I should have gone to the bed instead of driving up there. Chilled around for 10 mins and left. The people were picking up the figures like they were only selling for 1 cent. This morning I went to WM and they are selling those figures for 30 cent less than TRU. But it's still good to see the Star Wars manic has come back again~~~!!!
C-F

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, TRU and Target were closed, and I wasn't going to go to Wal-Mart. Yick, not even for Midnight madness would I go there.

Flickr
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Star Wars All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: