FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MBoCLH - Canadian Sales and Finds thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 61, 62, 63, 64  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Buy/Sell/Trade/Finds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hatcher

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toys R Us is having their annual 2 week big toy sale, and there are a lot of Lego sets on sale. There are too many to mention but here are the highlights.

MTT - $20 off, down to $129
The Twilight - I think its $20 off.
The Temple of the Crystal Skull - $10 off, down to $99.

A bunch of city sets on sale as well, and some other stuff.

Also, Zellers is advertising the new Clone Fighter Tank at $59.99, regular $69.99. HOWEVER, when I went into my local Zellers, they had a sign up substituting the V-19 Torrent instead. But, the sign did say that if you wanted a raincheck you could get one.

Any errors, omissions, etc, are the fault of my children, who keep waking me up in the middle of the night with their colds, resulting in my having memory loss and irritability. Smile
jvwinden

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mastermind Toys (GTA only??) has an offer for this Friday and Saturday.. When you spend $15 dollars or more, recieve a free Lego Star Wars Mini or Creator Mini. Shown is the AT ST + Snow speeder (2003) http://guide.lugnet.com/set/4486
combo or a Blue Creator car (xpod? there was abagged version too.) (2004) http://guide.lugnet.com/set/4347.

http://www.mastermindtoys.com/promo/efly_webkinzlego08.html

So if you missed these sets a few years ago... It might be worth the $15. And who Knows they might have more then just those two...

not to mention the free gift card ($10 for every $50 spent) with this coupon:

http://www.mastermindtoys.com/promo/efly_ggcoupon08.html

Jeff VW
mshiels

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool offer, not sure where the heck they would find those old minis, we have tons but not many people still have them left. Some of the cheapest Star Wars LEGO available now, this year was a BIG SET year (no little things for the mini presents)!!

For Lasting Toys - 2410 Dunwin Drive, Unit 5, Mississauga we have the following things going on for November December of 2009

Starting November 14th we are now open MTWR 10-5, F 10-7 and Saturday 10-5.

November 15th - free poster for the first 15 kids through the door (including castle, bionicle and of course a star wars poster)

November 29th - noon-4pm Greg Hyland will be out drawing his neat mini-fig artwork for fans of all ages

December 1st-20th - free draw each day for a LEGO santa stock/key chain, with a final draw for $50 gift certificate for the store.

ALL of December - free Star Wars Clone Wars poster (probably not seen very much up here in Canada) with all purchases of Star Wars (while quantities last/1 per customer/per day)
Swoosh Zombie
ZOMGpire!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wal-Mart has the 50th Anniversary set (w/ gold 2x4 brick) advertised at $39.86 down from $44.86. TRU has all $39.99 sets on sale 2 for $60 and all $26.99 sets 2 for $40 this week.
ricefields

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From this past weekend, I saw a price label on the shelf for the at te at $89.96. Have not been to Wal mart in a while but is that the regular price for the at te at Walmart? The set was opened though (and one end) and it looked like pieces and instructions were missing. If Wal Mart knew it had been opened and $89.96 was not the regular price, I cannot believe they would still put that set on the shelf for selling. So to prevent some unsuspecting kid or parent buying it (some clerk will probably tape it up)or further pilfering, I just took the one and only set and threw it up on the top shelf.
hatcher

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Walmart has had the AT-TE on a Rollback to $89.99 for a couple of weeks now I think, so that is the price for an unopened new one. You just happened to find one that was ripped into.
ricefields

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks, that's a decent price for the at te...now which wal mart will have any left in the toronto area...
Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone seen any of the new Pirate sets popping up in Canada yet? I know they're making their initial showings south of the border, but I haven't noticed anything up here yet...

That being said, the St. Catharines TRU was quite well stocked when I was in the other day. Tons of new Castle, Creator, Agents, and a lot of variety in SW sets, from the X-Wing to the umpteen Rebel Speeders, Rogue Shadows and the CW sets.
ricefields

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This coming week (Sat - Fri), TRU has 25% off Batman, Exoforce, Aquaraiders and Speed Racer

And 65% off select sponge bob and racers set

And yes they are finally dumping the luke skywalker maquette for $29.97 (from original price of $94.99)

This beats the lego shop@home sale price but not the sale prices in the states ($19.99usd)
Deepwoods

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ricefields wrote:
...This beats the lego shop@home sale price but not the sale prices in the states ($19.99usd)

The catalogue code "jesterca" still works for S@H and gives you the maquette for $19.99 Cdn which actually does beat the $19.99usd price more so since the $ fell to 1.29 against the US$ Smile
ricefields

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deepwoods wrote:
ricefields wrote:
...This beats the lego shop@home sale price but not the sale prices in the states ($19.99usd)

The catalogue code "jesterca" still works for S@H and gives you the maquette for $19.99 Cdn which actually does beat the $19.99usd price more so since the $ fell to 1.29 against the US$ Smile

Thanks for the code reminder. Thank god I got mine back when the dollar was at par with the US earlier this year; however, one would have to also consider taxes, shipping, mileage, etc to see which source works out better.

Wow, 1.29! Maybe a trip to Detroit or Buffalo for black friday is not worth it afterall. I just want to get my hands on the star destroyer for $59.99 at target!

Anyone else been to Buffalo, Detroit or any close US border town, recently to see if the Targets still have any left?
Bertramtalespinner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We did the Military Road area a few weeks back and the whole thing was sad, Target was a total bust, near empty Lego shelves.
Deepwoods

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ricefields wrote:
...Wow, 1.29! Maybe a trip to Detroit or Buffalo for black friday is not worth it afterall. I just want to get my hands on the star destroyer for $59.99 at target!

Anyone else been to Buffalo, Detroit or any close US border town, recently to see if the Targets still have any left?

Popped accross the border to Watertown NY a little while ago, Target there was a bust for lego as well, even the Wallmarts pricing was pretty much what we've been seeing on the shelves up here at Zellers with their ongoing 25% off sales (& in Cdn $$ too) so it's been cheaper to buy at home than make a trip down south. It's been awhile since Lego has been cheaper up here than down there.

btw S@H does have free shipping on orders over $99

let's see:

$59.99 * 7% sales tax (NY) = $64.18 us
$64.18 * 1.29 cdn/us = $82.79 cdn
$82.79 * 12% (customs duity) = $92.78 cdn

TRU was selling them for $123 ($110.oo + tax) two months ago so you would save $30 cdn but then you have to pay for gas & food & your time. Sad
ricefields

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Costco.ca finally set some reasonable prices for two star wars lego sets and took $10 off the Rogue Shadow ($60cdn) and at ap walker set ($50cdn) but I assume most have these sets already. With current exchange (say at 1.25), the us retail price and this lowered cdn price is almost the same, when factoring taxes and exchange rate.
lotus10

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The code on my new holiday S@H catalog is all smudged...

Can someone read theirs?
ZombieSeptemris
ZOMGpire!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Star Justice and Space Skulls sets have been reduced to $46,99 on S@H.

Oh and the Custom Car garage too. Not bad for sets with almost a 1000 pieces each.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And a reminder - at Lasting Toys - 2410 Dunwin Drive, Unit 5, Mississauga

Greg Hyland will be doing mini-fig drawings (for a minor fee) Saturday 29th, from noon to 4pm (or till I unchain him from his chair).
hatcher

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Toys R Us in Barrie, Ont has the Tower Raid (Castle line) set on Clearance for $25 (regular $40). I don't know what that means (the fact that its on clearance) or if that is just at the Barrie store. Most of the Castle sets on Shop@home are on back order (in Canada anyway).
Winbrant

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thar be PIRATES Shocked

Even more interesting, the price differential btwn US and CDN...
Brickbeard's Bounty...US$99.99, CDN$119.99

It's not that I'm thinking LEGO is cheaper CDN$...it seems as if LEGO is getting more expensive US$...so...it's now cheaper to buy LEGO in Canada than in the US! (US$ = 0.805 CDN$)...this is part of a new re-occuring trend I have noticed in the last 2-3 months now.

Take the latest "sail" ship...the 4768 Durmstrang ship...US$50 for 550 pieces...the Brickbeard is US$100 for 592 pieces...so the price per elemtn has gone from $0.09 to $0.17...also keep in mind Brickbeard has more minifigs (10 vs 2)...but not enough to count for a US$50 increase!

Another non-LEGO example...Hasbro SW Gunship was US$49.99 at Wal*Mart in Houston in October...shows up at Wal*Mart here in Calgary at CDN$48.99...
Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just about to post the Pirates link, in case anyone hadn't noticed...

I initially turned up my nose at the S@H Canada pricing, particularly in light of the current TRU (US) BOGO sale...

However, I'm glad I crunched some numbers before I made a trip over the river.

Take, for example, 2 Blackbeard's Bounty... though the $150 it would costs with the US TRU sale seems pretty awesome, by the time you factor in US/CDN dollar pricing (more like (193 CDN) + 8% NY sales tax, + 13% tax at the border... it's still cheaper, but not by a ton... geesh. Sad days indeed, when even a 50% off can't save you more!
Inzane

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winbrant wrote:
It's not that I'm thinking LEGO is cheaper CDN$...it seems as if LEGO is getting more expensive US$...

Well, that figures... Evil or Very Mad
ricefields

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

magnadroid starfighter on sale at wal mart for $45cdn. This comes close the current 25% off at amazon.com (based on exchange of 1.25) - but still about $4-5 more expensive than amazon, when factoring tax difference of 5% (if comparing NY US).

Your choice, pay $4-5cdn more in ontario or drive to a US bordertown to pickup your order from amazon (which I was planning to do along with a larger order).

btw walmart is opened 24 hours in canada from now to christmas.
Zombie Sillyus
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of W*M, the Supercentre had 100's (literally hundreds) of Spongebob Boating School sets for $25.00. It looked like only a couple have sold so i'd expect to see this on clearance in January.

Looking thru flyers i see W*M "rolled back" the Republic Attack Gunship to $119. Only good thru December 5th- oh well.

Also, around here the Republic Fighter Tanks at Zellers are dwindling down to zilch. Two stores which had 12x each three weeks ago had none left yesterday. It doesn't say "Limited Edition" on that set so will they produce more? Same for the Separatist Spider Droid TRU exclusive. They're gone from what i've seen this week. How "limited" is it, considering what they did with the 6212 x-wing & 7666 Hoth Base this year?

As per the other thread did anyone try printing out the TRU coupon for 50% off the MTT? I wonder if the coupon will ring up here in Canada?(Why doen't TRU Canada do these?!?) It doesn't specify "offer only good in USA" or anything. TRU is open until midnight but... hmm.
Swoosh Zombie
ZOMGpire!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BOGO is on again at Zellers from Saturday until Thursday according to the most recent flyer (if you can find anything on the shelves that is). Judging by what's left on the shelves of the four main retailers here, I suspect a lot of kids will be getting Droid Gunships for Christmas, cause that's about all that's left at this point.

Darth Sillyus wrote:
Speaking of W*M, the Supercentre had 100's (literally hundreds) of Spongebob Boating School sets for $25.00. It looked like only a couple have sold so i'd expect to see this on clearance in January.

I think LEGO may have done a second (ill-advised) production run of this set recently. It was showing up consistantly as a featured set on shop@home over the summer and fall and TRU has been flogging it in their recent flyers too.
Bertramtalespinner

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think a lot of kids will be getting Hasbro Clone wars walkers. Everywhere I go I see a parent lugging one of those things out.
Greg Hyland

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw the New Darth Vader TIE Advenced at the Hamilton Toys R Us today (Monday the 15th). Also some fo the new Pirate sets.
"You'll thank me when you share my politics!"
Bertramtalespinner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Begins twitching for new Indy sets...
Deepwoods

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just for fun I tried the old S@H "jeterca" code once again & it returned a discount on a couple StarWars & Indiana Jones magnet minifig sets (& a few other things)... just figured I'd pass it on Wink
Shinzon

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone seen ANY new sets in the Vancouve area?

has anyone seen the Tx tank and/or droid dropship??
ZombieSeptemris
ZOMGpire!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My kids spotted a 4 pen set at Costco the other day.

Set includes Darh Maul pen, Luke Skywalker pen, Tusken Raider Pen and Jango Fett pen. All for $15 CAN.

These are the official LEGO pens. The plastic is not LEGO quality, but there are some nifty pieces in there (especially the chrome Jango Backpack/helmet). And 4 pens. Wink
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Buy/Sell/Trade/Finds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 61, 62, 63, 64  Next
Page 62 of 64
Jump to: