FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Grungy Sprocket

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tim_Deering

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 10:46 pm    Post subject: The Grungy Sprocket Reply with quote

Hey gang,

Announcing the great Grungy Sprocket,

The Grungy Sprocket once was a small civillian transport until the company who manufactured the transport went bankrupt. So Mr. Sprocket purchased one, which is now the last of its type. Custimized to fit his Bounty Hunting needs.

Heres acouple thumbs linking to fullsize images:

The rest of the pics can been seen here : Grungy Sprocket @ Neutronbot.com

Last edited by Tim_Deering on Sun Feb 06, 2005 10:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Repoort
Man of Many Reds

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't that like, an old MOC?
Sklar

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old or not, it's new to me! It's a pretty cool model, I like the hatch on the back. The inside's a bit lacking, and I'm not too keen on the engines, but it's still a pretty swag model.
Brickmodder

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's just great, even if it is old. I've never seen it before and I like it. Nice greebling and the fleebnork is a nice touch. I like the curves of the front too.

That neutronbot website is the bomb!

Wow...
Count Blockula
Undead Undead Vampire Zombieraiser

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I might have seen this one before. Let's see...I joined FBTB in May of 2003, I joined LUGNET in July of 2003, and this MOC was original posted on LUGNET in August of 2003. Yup, I might have seen it back then…when it was new. But I can’t be too certain. After all, it was a year and a half ago, so my memory might not be so clear.

Anyhow, yeah. It's a MOC. Yup. <twiddles thumbs>

Soooooo, are you looking for honest critique on building style and color scheme, or are you just looking for "oooohs" and "aahhhhs?" Because, some people say they prefer other websites instead of FBTB for MOC critique. These people say they're not interested in simply being praised for the things they do. They prefer to only post when they have a newly built MOC that they're seeking an honest and hardcore evaluation of. They would never dream of making a post in a LEGO forum simply to say something like, well, I don't know, maybe this this...

Tim_Deering wrote:
A new website created by six amazingly awesome individuals. We are all outrageously awesome, have quirky senses of humour, build awesomely, and are full of piss and vinegar.

The site features the newest automagic technology. We’ll never have to edit raw HTML again, thanks to the man who eats food yet poops PHP code, Kyle Keppler!"

You know, a post not about a MOC, but rather about webpage layout. A webpage layout that they seem to want people to “ooooh” and “aahhhh” over.

Well, maybe you're not that kind of person, but maybe the person who originally posted that "NxxxxxxBxx.com ::: Best Site Ever" message on at least two other websites before here, (but, for some reason, had someone else post it here on FBTB word-for-word for him instead...hmmm, I wonder why?) is.

Maybe he might be interested in seeing this MOC. I’ll go check the memberlist to see if he’s registered here yet or not. Unless, maybe, he’s been permanently banned? Hmm. Oh, well. I’m sure he wouldn’t want to come back here anyway, you know, to the “kiddie pool,” where apparently all we do is talk about how awesome we and all our friends are. Because that would be beneath him, and his friends, to do something like that.

Here’s an idea for a new MOC: how ‘bout you build a time machine, so we can all go back and see this thing when it was new? Maybe we can all pick up some old grey bricks while we’re there, too. Ooh, ooh! Maybe we can even meet ourselves from the past and remind them not to become such hypocrites in the future! We can even tell them that it’s pathetic to post pics of old MOCs for the sole purpose of childishly slipping in links to websites we’ve already been reprimanded for making entire posts about! We could even tell our friends not to do it in the very same thread, too! That’d be awesome!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Padawan716
The Comeback Kid

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dig most of this ship. The parts that I'm not really sure about are that big horizontal antenna (I would've gone for an antenna pointing up or diagonally) and the sparse interior. Maybe it could've been tiled, or filled up with some cargo, but it looks very bare... No gun racks, (he's a bounty hunter, right? He oughtta have some place to put his weaps), no where to tie up his bounty.... Seems he'll be very ill prepared. That said, I think the strong points of this are that greeblicious back door, the controls, that awesome little droid, and that technique you used for the windshield.

EDIT: Oh yeah, despite the little post-advert-fiasco-thingie, I like Neutron bot very much... I just wish those images at the bottom of each gallery didn't shift each time I viewed the page.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: