FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

what do you do with lego after you build something?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jedismuggler

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 4:35 pm    Post subject: what do you do with lego after you build something? Reply with quote

sit it on a shelf and promise death to anyone who touches it?

destroy it and then built something new?

run around the house screaming and making cool shooting noises? (my personl fav, gotta scare the preps somehow!)

sit it on a piller in your room with a glass dome on top with lasers, dogs, nail file armed guards and flounders guarding it?

smugs

-Geoff Rowley
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Padawan716
The Comeback Kid

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some I keep together in case I want to mod them later. Others gradually get taken apart when I need a piece or two from them.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Firespray
Hyperactive

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if its a really kool official set, i usually keep it or mod it, with ok official sets, they usually get used for spare parts, and if i build something from scratch, it usually stays together for a little bit unless im really proud of it Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One and three mostly. Number 4 is what I wish I could do. My wife has the habit of comming in and destroying a set because I get to have fun putting it back together. She really likes doing this with the star wars sets, claiming that they had a battle, but for some reason, everybody lost. Of course, I do have fun putting them back together, so I can't say its that annoying.
ApophisV

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My SW sets are sitting all on a large display cupboard. Forever. Wink

New sets are displayed on another cupboard till that board is full, then I take them apart and sort them into my collection. (Mostly after a half year)

My MOCs are on display for some time, depending on how good they are, e.g. the 2/3 scale Battle Droid I made last year was sitting on my couch for almost one year while smaller creations sometimes only last for something like two days...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I really like it, it stays built and gets displayed on a shelf somewhere. This applies to sets and MOCs alike. If I just like it, it'll stay built until I need parts for something else, at which point parts will be taken off. If I don't like it much, it will stay built for a few days, then it will be broken down. If I really don't like it, I'll look through the instructions and wonder why I bought it.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Normally after I build em my creations gets swooshed round the house complete with self-made tacky laser noises.
(Ask any Moccer, swooshing is an essential part of the building process that tests craft areodynamics and such Wink )
99% of the time I then display them and a week or two later they get slowly pulled apart for pieces as I build new Mocs.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
porschecm2

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually set them on my shelf for awhile. If it's something I really like or uses parts I don't often need, it can sit there for months. They gradually get scavenged for parts, until they're basically a junk pile sitting on my shelf. About every 2 months, I go through my collection, and wreck everything I don't really want left built(usually at least 50% of my MOCs). In fact, I'm doing that tonight. I've already wrecked 3 or 4 big MOCs. Some of the stuff was really old, too. One of the things I wrecked was a piece of my old Ord Mantell Project module. Shocked I couldn't believe I still had it sitting around.

Cm2

MOCpages
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: