FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Akaia's SW Battlefront Guide to Jedi Killing

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO/Star Wars Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Akaia0

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 2:22 pm    Post subject: Akaia's SW Battlefront Guide to Jedi Killing Reply with quote

Well, over the past few days I've discovered a few ways to obliterate the Jedi Heroes on the video game Star Wars Battlefront. And this topic is to share my discoveries with you.
Akaia guides presents:

Star Wars Battlefront: Jedi Killing

==================
Section 1: Introduction
==================

Killing Jedi on Battlefront was supposed to be impossible. However, many people have proved this wrong, and killed the Jedi Heroes. In this guide I will teach you how to kill all four heroes: Darth Vader (Empire), Count Dooku (CIS), Mace Windu (Republic) and Luke Skywalker (Rebels). First off, you'll need to activate Jedi Heroes in Instant Action mode. From the Main Menu, go Options> Game Options and turn Instant Action Heroes ON. Also, I recommend deactivating Friendly Fire as your troops are likely to be hurt in the hunt.
Choose Instant Action, select your planets (below I will advise which ones are the best for Jedi Killing [which I will refer to as JKing]) and you're ready to go.

----

==================
Section 2: Who to Use
==================

It's simple, really. The best troops to use when killing Jedi are Super Battle Droids (CIS).
This is because of their Wrist Rockets. Easy to aim, and explode on impact. In section 4 you will find out why these rock when it comes to JKing.
Anyway, all factions can be used if you use them wisely.
Republic: I usually use the Jet Troopers for JKing with the Clones. They have the second best method of JKing - thermal detonators - and can jet out the way of harm if Dooku turns on them. But stick to the thermal detonators - their EMP blasters are useless. Also, although I've never used it, if your timing and luck is good then the sharpshooter's tactical droid may work. Give it a go. Also, ARC troopers' missile launchers work well.

CIS: The single BEST faction to use when it comes to JKing, simply because of the SBDs, as I mentioned above. Don't bother using anything other than these. (However, any droid which uses thermal detonators will work, but not as well).

Imperials: Pretty much the same as the Republic, the Shock Trooper is the best because of it's missile launcher and thermal detonators. The Dark Trooper comes in a close second, with the jetpack and thermal detonators. The others are pretty useless compared to these two, stick with them.

Rebels: I've never used the Rebels for JKing, but I'll guess that the Vanguard's missile launcher and thermal detonators will come in handy.

-----

==================
Section 3: The Arenas
==================

On every single level it is possible to kill Jedi, but there are a few where it is particularly easy. Here they are:
-----
Bespin: Platforms
-----
Kamino: Tipoca City
-----
Rhen Var: Citadel
-----
Yep, you guessed it, all the planets which have "abyss drops" (drops which are unsurvivable).

-----

==================
Section 4: Methods of JKing
==================

The grand finale, what you've been waiting for. Before we start, let me mention that it is IMPOSSIBLE to damage a Jedi's health. It will always remain full. But this can be worked around. Also, it is never 100% sure that your kill will be registered. In single player, it will usually come up on the screen: [Player] killed [Jedi]. Finally, on the scores screen after the match, the Jedi on the losing team will have one extra death if they were still alive at the end of the match if you won by the timeout, as every troop alive dies when the timer hits 0.

Method 1: Big Fall
Possibly the simplest method. On one of the three maps mentioned, fire a rocket/throw a grenade at a Jedi's feet. The rocket's are easier to hit their target, but grenades have a larger impact area.
If done right, the Jedi will be blown off his feet, into the air and off the platform. Practise this, and you'll work out the best ways to send them in the direction you want. I managed to get Mace Windu 4 times in this way on Bespin Platforms:

Note the Nemesis award.

And the Bait award here.
I apologise if these pics are slow to load, but I made them smaller and saved them as PNGs so they shouldn't be too bad.

On Kamino, if the Jedi hit the side of the platform (the slanted part) as the fall, the kill won't registered to you. But it is a rariety.

Anyway, this is the method I use most.

Method 2: Obliteration
This is the longest method, and must be used anywhere without an abyss drop.
Simply attack the Jedi with everything you've got. Tanks work really well. Pulverize that Jedi with lasers, missiles, everything. And if you're lucky, eventually he'll go down and stay down. This takes the Jedi out of the match permanantly. And most of the time, the kill isn't registered to you.
This has worked for me on Rhen Var: Harbor, as the clones, and on Bespin: Platforms as the Empire (proving it is possible to do it without tanks).

Method 3: Crushing
The easiest way, but also the hardest. Land a vehicle on top of the Jedi. The kill will be instantly registered to you. Republic Gunships work the best here.

-----

And there we have it! Enjoy, and have fun![/u]
MrDelish

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On Bespin city level, you're very unlikely to find a jedi in the cavernous room.
Obi-1-kenobi

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great FAQ!
Akaia0

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Delish, I know this also. But I didn't actually mention the Cloud City level.
Obi-1: thanks!
Omega-729

Location: Bridge of the Corrupter, a Victory-Class Star Destroyer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I think the easiest way to kill a Jedi is to run them over with a fast vehicle, like the Speeder Bike, Rebel Combat Speeder, or IFT-X

Samuel, I rented the original Star
Wars trilogy from Blockbuster. I'm
pretty sure Ian McDiarmid is a Sith
Lord.
Scout Troopa

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On any level, getting a jedi to chase you as a Missile Launcher Carrier, then using mines. Quick and Efficient.
Rockets can be deflected.
Akaia0

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, but firing them at their feet will blow them off their feet.
JediMasterHalcyon

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SBDs rockets don't work on Mace. I have the up-to-date PC version. Anyone else have this problem?
thed555

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well on the bespin level with the cis i take a droid starfighter and shoot at there feet at the extractor and they fly off
Akaia0

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That also works, anything explosive will blow them away.
Jedi Master Halcyon, do they deflect the rockets when you fire them? If so, then try aiming a tiny bit lower.
thed555

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the sbd rockets dont work when you fire at there feet they only work once in a while... so maybe
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO/Star Wars Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: