FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Page of SW inconsistencies

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Star Wars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Morbie19
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:28 am    Post subject: Page of SW inconsistencies Reply with quote

Eh, nevermind. Wink

m19

Brickshelf | Flickr

Last edited by Morbie19 on Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:43 am; edited 3 times in total
ZombieSolo
... eats you all. [zMOD]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reading through that site some things came up...
Quote:
When Obi-Wan cuts off the aliens arm, why isn't the wound caurterized like the Wampa's arm and Luke's hand in Empire Strikes Back?
OK, so he noticed that but no mention why it was a furry hand in place of the walrusman's hand... plus no blaster if I'm not mistaken?

and this:
Quote:
After Luke jumps out of his fighter he sees Leia and yells "Carrie" (although the background noise drowns it out enough so it could pass as Luke saying "Hey!")
is one of the most common myths about Star Wars and has been debunked many, many times.

And as for Parsecs, well, yeah, that's distance, but can you explain to me what the Kessel run is? Wink

and there's more!
Quote:
When Luke stares at the Tatooine sunset, he stares straight at the TWO SUNS. Wouldn't that hurt his eyes (us looking at one sun hurts our eyes, so imagine double the damage)?
has this guy never watched a sunset? Rolling Eyes

Quote:
One problem with Leia's hologram: It doesn't say who she is or who her father is.
ok, she obviously was well known, or at lest would have been to the correct recipient of her message!

Quote:
Why does Luke wear long-sleeved shirts at midday at Mos Eisley? (My guess is that he doesn't realize its around 110 degrees)
just like people in the middle east, the long shirt protect the skin from the sun while being light and breathable... now what I want to know is why he wasn't cold in the falcon -comming from a desert planet and all...

Quote:
When the Death Star had the Falcon in the tractor beam, it got pulled through a wall to go to it's docking bay.
what the heck are they talking about?! there was no wall in the way Question

arg, there's just too much to go through... *Napolean Dynomite voice* Idiots! */Napolean Dynomite voice*
Padawan716
The Comeback Kid

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
When the Death Star had the Falcon in the tractor beam, it got pulled through a wall to go to it's docking bay.
what the heck are they talking about?! there was no wall in the way Question

When the falcon is being pulled in, it *looks* like it. They have a weird shot of it coming in (the wide shot showing the falcon in profile), where it looks like the falcon was edited into the shot, and thus looks out of place.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Morbie19
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, guys... Don't get too upset about the page or anything. ::D:

m19

Brickshelf | Flickr
deathstickman

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No it's not that, it's that They are the inconsistent.
Quote:
Luke enters the garbage chute only a few seconds before Han, yet he claims he already tried to blast the door. Han's blasting the door lasted longer than the few seconds which would have elapsed between Luke's and Han's landings.

This is a movie, they have to make it as short as they can, and still have a lot of detail.

Quote:
A struggling Luke completely disappears under knee-high water?

What? Is it impossible to have an air pocket in there?

Quote:
Leia tells Han to follow her orders. Han looks at Luke and Luke shakes his head. They start to walk and the shot changes and suddenly Luke has his hand on the back of his head.

See the First answer. Rolling Eyes

Quote:
The TIE fighters get a target lock and fire, but the lasers still sweep to find the target.

If the fighter wasn't moving, then yes, they would have hit it. Unfourtunatly. It was a quick moving target, and it's impossible for a laser to track.

Quote:
Luke switches off his targetting computer and there is a shot of Luke's fighter racing down the trench. There is nothing behind him. Then a point of view shot shows that Vader is right behind Luke.

Those fighters are very big, a side shot will show you that they are further apart then they appear to be when it's showing it from the front.

Quote:
Anybody figure out the countdown clock on the Death Star screen? Yes, the spoken time to firing range is inconsistent on any scale, but the numbers don't make sense, either. They seem to be counting down seconds (00:30, 00:29, 00:2Cool when there are minutes remaining.

Do you honestly expect them to use the same base ten counting system as us?
I mean Lucas making Basic English that's stretching it enough. Wink

Quote:
Do stormtroopers have ranks, and if so, how can you identify them? Granted, most of them are probably "grunts," but it seems like there'd have to be a sargeant or the occasional lieutenant to help keep them in line & on track. I can't see any indications of rank on their armor.

Three words, Heads up display

Quote:
In the Cantina sequence, Ben and Luke meet Han and Chewie for the first time. Ben is concerned about whether their ship is fast enough. When Han asks, "You've never heard of the Millenium Falcon?", Ben replies, "Should I have?". Then Han says, "It's the one that made the Kessel run in [x] parsecs!" Parsecs?! Parsecs are a measure of distance, not time!

They must not know that the Kessel is near a black hole cluster then. To get Kessel on that distance you would have to go dangeresly close to the maw without being sucked in.

Quote:
"What about those towers?" "You worry about the fighters, I'll take care of the towers!" Does he? Nope. (I know, I know, I'm sounding like a member of the Wedge Antilles Fan Club.)

They got it wrong, It's tower, not towers. He was reffering to the exhaust port.

Oh, there are so many more...
ZombieSolo
... eats you all. [zMOD]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is a much more interesting site Wink
deathstickman

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What? I like to complain. Wink
ZombieSolo
... eats you all. [zMOD]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what's the big deal? people don't agree with a site you link to so you want it locked/deleted? wow... and you said we got upset!
Firespray
Hyperactive

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

did this site happen to be called something shadow? or sumthin like that?

cuz if it was, that site is full of crap
The Comeback Kid

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

super shadow is (fake/stolen) spoilers only. This was about some minor inconsistencies in the movies.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Firespray
Hyperactive

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ooooooooooooooooo Surprised
Silly Old Bear

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing I view as an inconsistency is the age difference between Ani and Padme in Episode II. Now she was at least 14 yrs. old in TPM, and Anakin was 9 yrs. old. So in Episode II they get married, and if you add on the ten year difference between the two films you have a nineteen year old Anakin and a twenty four year old Padme.

I think TPM would've been much more believable in the sense that Anakin was older and perhaps played by a younger Hayden (if he was available at the time) around 14 yrs. old like Padme. You could still see all the things Anakin did in TPM although telling Anakin to hide in a cockpit while a 14 yr. old Padme is blasting away at droids would be a little "etchy".
The one thing it would cut down is the whining/complaining Anakin does somewhat in TPM. Now I never had a problem with Ani so don't make this into an "Oh ani is so stipud ya knw!! he-he" thread.

The only problem I can see of this is the age of Anakin/Vader at the end of ROTJ but in essecence he would only be about 5 yrs. older so it matters about how you think of him. The good reason they had a young Jake Lloyd play Anakin IMO was that he would be easy to establish as a grown up Hayden in Episode II. Scholastic even made a theoretical age timeline between Jake and Hayden!
Zombie Yuhas
Undead!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poohbear14 wrote:
One thing I view as an inconsistency is the age difference between Ani and Padme in Episode II. Now she was at least 14 yrs. old in TPM, and Anakin was 9 yrs. old. So in Episode II they get married, and if you add on the ten year difference between the two films you have a nineteen year old Anakin and a twenty four year old Padme.

I think TPM would've been much more believable in the sense that Anakin was older and perhaps played by a younger Hayden (if he was available at the time) around 14 yrs. old like Padme. You could still see all the things Anakin did in TPM although telling Anakin to hide in a cockpit while a 14 yr. old Padme is blasting away at droids would be a little "etchy".
The one thing it would cut down is the whining/complaining Anakin does somewhat in TPM. Now I never had a problem with Ani so don't make this into an "Oh ani is so stipud ya knw!! he-he" thread.

The only problem I can see of this is the age of Anakin/Vader at the end of ROTJ but in essecence he would only be about 5 yrs. older so it matters about how you think of him. The good reason they had a young Jake Lloyd play Anakin IMO was that he would be easy to establish as a grown up Hayden in Episode II. Scholastic even made a theoretical age timeline between Jake and Hayden!

I don't see how that makes anything inconsistent... They can get married at 19 and 24. Plus, Hayden wasn't established for the part of Ani until way after Episode 1 came out, so I doubt they would have picked Hayden for episode 1. Plus, if Ani was 14 in TPM, the Jedi Council would never have allowed him to be trained. If they thought 9 was too old, they'd definitely think that 14 was way too old. I think the fact that he's younger is much more believable. Plus, in AOTC, it's really part of Ani's struggle that he is younger than Padme, so she doesn't see him as an equal for most of the movie.
bruceywan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daniel Yuhas wrote:
I don't see how that makes anything inconsistent... They can get married at 19 and 24. Plus, Hayden wasn't established for the part of Ani until way after Episode 1 came out, so I doubt they would have picked Hayden for episode 1. Plus, if Ani was 14 in TPM, the Jedi Council would never have allowed him to be trained. If they thought 9 was too old, they'd definitely think that 14 was way too old. I think the fact that he's younger is much more believable. Plus, in AOTC, it's really part of Ani's struggle that he is younger than Padme, so she doesn't see him as an equal for most of the movie.

[devil's advocate]But then you could argue that Luke was way way way too old to begin the training![/devil's advocate]

Well, then again, Luke was basically the only hope and prospect for the resurgence of the Jedi. Plus something in Episode III I think is gonna say something about how age isn't everything, and how the old Jedi teaching was a little too objective when it came to things like that.

As for the Kessel Run, I think the Star Wars Insider said something about it being a race where different ships that act as checkpoints keep moving, so the faster your ship is, the lesser the final distance will be. I'm assuming twelve parsecs (parsecs being established as a measure of distance, not time) is pretty good, if not a record, else I don't think Hanny-boy would be bragging about it. Nor would he assume that anyone else knew about it, for if it wasn't newsworthy, why talk about it like it is.
-Bruce

LEGO @ Bruce's Homepage - http://bruce.kus-numa.net/lego/
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Zombie Yuhas
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luke didn't grow up in the old republic.
Yoda trained him because Obi-Wan wanted so badly for him to be trained.
If it had been around the same time Ani was trained, there's no way they would have let Luke be trained.
Obviously, no one's really too old to begin the training, it was just the way of the Jedi back when Ani was a kid that Jedi are trained starting at a very, very young age.

Yoda knew there were only two hopes for the war against the Sith - Luke and Leia, so he basically HAD TO train Luke or Leia, who are both the same age anyway.
So I wouldn't really call it inconsistent at all, because it makes sense to me.
Wedge

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Padawan716"]
Quote:

I'm sorry, but I have absolutely no clue about what they are talking about. Question
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Star Wars All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: