FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Meat My Computer" ;)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Count Blockula
Undead Undead Vampire Zombieraiser

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 4:13 am    Post subject: "Meat My Computer" ;) Reply with quote

Hi!

For the past few months I’ve been going onto to the chat room of classic-castle and shooting the breeze with all the other night owls. Since it’s pretty much the same bunch of us each night, and we’ve all picked up little tidbits about each others’ computer rooms, desks, etc. from our conversations, we decided it would be fun to make little vignettes of ourselves sitting at our computers.

In my case, I’m usually sitting in bed, in my pajamas, chatting online with my laptop. To the right of me is my infamous nightstand: three-shelves of overflowing snacks and junk food. Above my head is a shelf lined with assorted toys and collectibles (mostly Star Wars and LEGO, of course!).

Anyhow, one night, when reaching for a snack, I found a single tortilla chip behind the nightstand. We joked about it, and before long, we concluded it had been put there but a rat, who must have stolen it previously one evening while I was eating nachos in bed! Razz

I tried incorporate all of this, as well as the fact that I’ve got tons and tons of junk stashed under my bed (love notes from foreign countries, etc. Razz Wink), into the MOC.

Enjoy! Very Happy

(It wasn’t until later, after I took the photos, this I noticed this: instead of “Me At My Computer,” it kinda’ looks like it says “Meat My Computer!” Smile)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Samurai Moose

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike, will you ever cease to amaze me?

The amount of detail you packed in there is amazing- the mouse with cheese, the food, coffee maker, skeleton. Awesome job man!
Big Z
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That miniature Darth Maul is all wrong. His head is way too small, his legs are too close together. And don't even get me started on his lightsaber...

Wink

Mike! Bro, you've done it again. I love every bit of this thing. And it's good to know that I'm not the only one who keeps one of those big giant lollipops and a turkey leg by my bed at night. Razz

Flickr <•> Big C's Blog
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Repoort
Man of Many Reds

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's princess Leia doing under there?
Pepa Quin
The Falconer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Lord... that's just insane Smile

Wish we had a chat room...
Flail

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boy! Talk about skeletons in the closset! Razz

Mike, I love this! Very cool. I really like some of the details you've made. I love the coffee maker and your SW dolls, I'm thinkin' 3PO, R2 and Maul?

You also need to call an exterminator for that giant rat infestation! I don't know how you sleep. Razz

Cool stuff, as usual!
ZombieSolo
... eats you all. [zMOD]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Repoort wrote:
I was wondering the same thing... nice scene CB ::D:
ConanTheLibrarian89

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think those letters were for you; they're addressed to "Harry".

Awesome work.
Count Blockula

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, guys, I'm glad you like it! Very Happy

Balthasar wrote:
The amount of detail you packed in there is amazing- the mouse with cheese, the food, coffee maker, skeleton.

Aha! That's not cheese...that one of my nachos! That sneaky brown rat. Very Happy

Cello Collin wrote:
And it's good to know that I'm not the only one who keeps one of those big giant lollipops and a turkey leg by my bed at night. Razz

::D: Yup, I use sweets and rancid meat as bait to lure in my REAL favorite snacks -- rats! Twisted Evil

Repoort wrote:

There could actually be any number of reasons why she might be under there. Let’s see:
-She could be hiding from me.
-I may have told her to hide there when Padme came over the house the other day (it would've been really awkward if she knew I was dating both of them at the same time!)
-She's looking for my missing nacho.
-She started asking too many questions about all that cash underneath my bed, so I had to... Twisted Evil Razz

Pepa Quin wrote:
that's just insane Smile Wish we had a chat room...

It would definitely be loads of fun if we did, I think, especially with all the crazy awesome people we have around here. After all, the best part of going to a coffee shop is chatting with friends, so the Bantha Coffee Shop would be perfect for us all to all sit around chitchatting about Star Wars and LEGO stuff. Sure, there'd be the occasional scum and villainy, but that's to be expected on Tatooine! Very Happy

Flail wrote:
I love the coffee maker and your SW dolls,

They're not dolls...they're A-C-T-I-O-N F-I-G-U-R-E-S! Razz Very Happy

ConanTheLibrarian89 wrote:
I don't think those letters were for you; they're addressed to "Harry"

True, most of those letters were addressed to Harry, the sasquatch from the movie Harry and the Hendersons. But, being a creature myself, I often accept mail and other correspondence on behalf of all sorts of mythical beings. Santa, for example, gets most of his mail through me. I'm sort of like a Post Office Box for the supernatural. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Chief
Frak yeah! [ADMIN]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't even want to know how Darth Maul is holding that saber. Eyuch.

Amazing vignette, Mike. I am stunned at the detail you fit in.
[b:47f5051a03][color=red:47f5051a03]BULLETIN ISSUED SATURDAY 01.31.2009 11:59:59PM PST. ATTENTION ALL CITIZENS: PLEASE READ THIS[/color:47f5051a03][/b:47f5051a03]
Darkkazmo
Lord of the Bricks

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Repoort wrote:

Adam, that is no Leia, Mike is a great illusionist, that's his inflatable doll. Wink

Mike, .... And IIII wil always love yooooouuuuuuu....youuuuuuuuu.

My Brickshelf Gallery
KungZombie
ZOMGpire!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D'you still have your autographed picture of Padme? The one addressed, "To my intergalactic spud"? I'm not seeing it in the vignette. Wink

Awesome work, Señor! Great details, even if Maul's prehensility is... well, slightly worrying. I'm kinda jealous, though. Wink

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lights wrote:

::D:

awesome work, mike. i am going to have to borrow that coffee maker for my custom millennium falcon.
Hobbie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very cool. Love the innovation and detail. And certainly the best use of those "no-one-will-ever-use-these-again" Harry Potter sock tiles I have ever seen. I am glad someone has found a need for them.
chump

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only "meat" I see is the chicken drumstick and it ain't nowhere near your computer. Maybe vampires like tasty rat-kebobs.
BrainMattR
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike, I'd give 10 times the amount of money you have laying around under your mattress to be half as creative as you are. My random observations:
    * Any real insomniac doesn't neet a coffee maker next to his bed. Wink
    * Blow up doll, my eye... That's his Elvira manaquin.
    * You gotta get your name off the credit card solicitation list to cut down the junk mail you get.
    * Gorilla-D called and he wants his banana back!
    * I coulda gone all day without seeing you in that 80's muscle tee tank top. ::D:
Rs Conqueror
Fancies Mudkips

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike, That has to be the best minimoc I have ever seen.
On a sad side note. Sorry I havn't been in the chat latly, I've been kind of streached thin lately with my new job, extra homework, and the fact that theres only one computer in my entire house Razz Hopefully I'll be able to hop on later tonight. Embarassed

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's hilarious! Brilliant as always, Mike. Keep up the amazing action- (and inaction) packed vignettes!

MOCpages gallery
We all make choices. But in the end... our choices make us.
Count Blockula

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lights wrote:

It could be worse: I could've used a red clip plate. Wink

Darkkazmo wrote:
Adam, that is no Leia, Mike is a great illusionist, that's his inflatable doll. Wink

Mike, .... And IIII wil always love yooooouuuuuuu....youuuuuuuuu.

Love you too, handsome! Razz But, we gotta' be careful: if my inflatable dolls find out, they'll get jealous and run off with the blow-up pool toys. Sure, I may have tons of cash stashed under the bed, but that's no match for the dashing good looks of David Quackelhoff, the duck-headed inner-tube floatie. Wink

KungFused wrote:
D'you still have your autographed picture of Padme? The one addressed, "To my intergalactic spud"? I'm not seeing it in the vignette. Wink

Yup, I've still got it. But, I keep it underneath my pillow now, along with a lock of her hair. Ahh, Padme, my little sweet potato! Very Happy

legomd wrote:
i am going to have to borrow that coffee maker for my custom millennium falcon.

But of course! But, make sure you put a bathroom in your MOC, too. You know what happens to Chewbacca after he's had his morning coffee and bran muffin. Wink

Hobbie wrote:
certainly the best use of those "no-one-will-ever-use-these-again" Harry Potter sock tiles I have ever seen. I am glad someone has found a need for them.

I love those socks! I wish they'd make more clothing printed tiles. Like neckties. I think it's be cool to build a mech and stick a necktie on him. Very Happy

chump wrote:
The only "meat" I see is the chicken drumstick and it ain't nowhere near your computer. Maybe vampires like tasty rat-kebobs.

Well, that's true -- I do love a good rat-kebob. But, that's not the only meat product on my nightstand 'o goodies. I actually grind hamburger with my coffee beans! Now THAT'S some Sloppy Joe! Razz

GrayMattR wrote:
My random observations:
    * Any real insomniac doesn't neet a coffee maker next to his bed. Wink
    * Blow up doll, my eye... That's his Elvira manaquin.
    * You gotta get your name off the credit card solicitation list to cut down the junk mail you get.
    * Gorilla-D called and he wants his banana back!
    * I coulda gone all day without seeing you in that 80's muscle tee tank top. ::D:

(1.) I don't need the coffee to stay awake; it's just to keep me active. A hyper Michael makes more MOCs!
(2.) Nope. Elvira's in the crypt down in the basement, along with Barbarella and my Betty Boop collection.
(3.) No way, I love junk mail! Didn't you hear? Ed McMahon says I could be a millionaire! No way I'm gonna' miss out on important correspondence like THAT.
(4.) Tough! You can tell that filthy monkey to go climb a tree and fetch his own snack -- this one's mine! Plus, it's got one of those stickers of the Chiquita Banana lady on it, and I think she likes me.
(5.) Just so you know, those are parachute pants I'm wearing, too. I've been known to bust into sporadic fits of uncontrollable break-dancing during the middle of the night, so I like to be prepared. Very Happy

Rs Conqueror wrote:
Sorry I havn't been in the chat latly, I've been kind of streached thin lately with my new job, extra homework, and the fact that theres only one computer in my entire house Razz

No excuses! But, if you like, I'll be happy to set up a meeting with your teachers and have a little chat with them about this whole homework situtation. Don't they realize you've got important LEGO discussion to engage in? I swear, it's like they think math and science are more important than LEGO. Even the people who make LEGO don't use math or science. LEGO is made from magic and sunshine and the goodtime vibes generated by kooky people chatting online. Smart people are so dumb. Very Happy

Schism wrote:
Keep up the amazing action- (and inaction) packed vignettes!

Yup, that's me: the Last Inaction Hero! Razz
Samurai Moose

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

::D: I remember doing a mock-up of that Padme Autograph! done in MS paint, i belive. I cant belive people remember that.

I cant belive thatm mouse took the nachos. Mice will be hunted tonight. Mark my words. They will...
bruce n h

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Mike,

I said this before, but this is great! When I blogged it I noticed that you turned the o with an umalot sideways to do the clock. Shocked That's an eye-poppingly cool little detail that I'd never have thought of. Keep on viggin'.

Bruce
BernMarsh

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is just too cool. Once again you have done an amazing job.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: