FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sri ruuk

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Star Wars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
porschecm2

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 1:02 pm    Post subject: Sri ruuk Reply with quote

I've been reading Force Heretic II Refugee, and some of the main factions are the Chiss, Sri Ruuk, and P'w'eck. I can't find anything on them in Star Wars databank(the search function doesn't seem to be working properly.) Does anyone have any links to reference photos of these species and their craft? I'm having a hard time visualizing them from the books, cause the author basically didn't explain anything about their appearances.

Cm2

MOCpages
Morbie19
Undead!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From WotC:

m19

Brickshelf | Flickr
Pepa Quin
The Falconer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sri Ruuk and P'w'eck first appear in the book Truce at Bakura, which is an OK book and gives much more description about them. They are kinda like dinosaurs as the picutre above shows, but I think they were described a bit more humanoid, not sure.

Chiss are essentially blue-skinned humans with red eyes, and generally black hair. They're not human, but I don't think they have any features we don't have except for the coloring.
Repoort
Man of Many Reds

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pepa Quin wrote:
Chiss are essentially blue-skinned humans with red eyes, and generally black hair. They're not human, but I don't think they have any features we don't have except for the coloring.

Sounds like Thrawn.
Pepa Quin
The Falconer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Repoort wrote:
Sounds like Thrawn.

Yes.
Big Z
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Thrawn is a Chiss. Readers find out the name of his species in the Hand of Thrawn Duology.

Flickr <> Big C's Blog
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Zombie T
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am NOT a chiss. In real life. I am human.

Wow, those Dinomonsters with unpronouncable names looks totally unstar wars. I'm not a fan.
porschecm2

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Thrawn wrote:
Wow, those Dinomonsters with unpronouncable names looks totally unstar wars. I'm not a fan.

Me either. I'm not particularly liking the book. For one thing, all the Jedi powers are ticking me off. The Jedi aren't anything like in the movies. Instead of having just the regular force powers of persuasion, Force push, fast reflexes, etc, they have all this junk like "Force bubble"(basically an invincibility shield), "Force meld"(one Jedi can see through the eyes of another Jedi), as well as being able to heal themselves and others ridiculously well. And since this is like 30 years after the OT, you would think the Jedi would be less well trained than prequel Jedi, since the Prequel Jedi had thousands of years of direct teaching to rely on, and the post-OT Jedi only had Luke to teach them, who was, by comparison, a relatively new Jedi.

Cm2

MOCpages
CloneZomberor
ZOMGpire!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep in mind that the Jedi of the Old Republic were stagnant. They didn't learn anything new because all their lore was handed down from master to padawan for centuries. They didn't want to learn anything new for fear of the dark side. The thing about Luke and the rest not having the formal training of the Old Republic Jedi, it means that they are a lot less bound by tradition and are free to open their minds to new ideas. It's a simple facet of growth and I see nothing wrong with that.

(ΞΞΞΞΞ)><@><||(=======================================
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Star Wars All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: