FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ended: The A-Wing Vs. Tie Interceptor concept contests.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Contests and Community Builds!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darkkazmo
Lord of the Bricks

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh well, what ya gonna do? A jerk is always a jerk! Razz

My Brickshelf Gallery
renegade
Mysterious Stranger

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations to all the winners. I was once again very impressed with the skills of all of the builders.

Darkazmo, Thanks for all the contests you have done and for all you do for the community. If there is any future project you have going on that I can be of service in please PM me and I will do what ever I can.

Now about the outcome of the contest, I didn't win the interceptor contest so it looks like I am going to have to go out and find me a bazooka. Who were the judges again? Twisted Evil

(please tell me someone remembers one crazy summer)

In a gathering storm comes a tall handsome man
In a dusty black coat, With a red right hand
MadcapMagician

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would just like to congratulate all the winners. You all did very well. I would also like to thank Darkazmo for the contests he's hosted. For me it was never about winning the prizes but to see the skills and creativity of our members here. I'm very proud to have participated in this event.
gold_2

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, it seems that to many people, winning prizes isn't important at all! so from now on, should we just hold contests with no prize for building the coolest MOC? of course, if you don't want the prizes...

just kidding. I think the prizes make a point- we as a community just aren't building as much anymore. and we certainly aren't challenging ourselves. I'm somewhat guilty of this myself, although I really am a busy guy. but the fact that great prizes couldn't even garner much interest is interesting, and a little disturbing.
donrayiv

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, the more lego sets, the more MOC possibilities! Go figure!
fmoo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't seen or participated in previous contests on fbtb before. Were there many more entries in the past?

As long as I have the time, I plan on taking part in future contests, regardless of whether there are prizes are not. These contests gave me a lot of motivation to build, it was both fun and inspiring to see what other people came up with, and I was able to get some great feedback and ideas to help me improve my building and design skills.

Giving out prizes provides a nice incentive, but I don't think they are necessary at all. Also, when prizes are involved, there's the possibility for things to get a little too serious and even ugly, as we've seen with some incidents related to the AT-AT contest.

Dennis

thievery.org/dennisc | flickr
Darkkazmo
Lord of the Bricks

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you guys (whips his eye sockets), I really appreciate your warm words friends.
(Now back to the dark self):
I have nothing against hosting contests, but I/we need to see more "building" activity around in order to anticipate for more.
The more you build the more your skills will develop, there are no short cuts!
The only other way to be a good builder is to cheat your self by copying other great builders! Well, if that leads you to start on building, go ahead and start! But in order to be a recognizable and well known builder, you should start developing your own style, and that only comes after many many hours/days/weeks/months and even years of practice.
I said it few times before, and I will say it again, you don't need to have tons of sets to build with style and complexities. Just uild as many alternative models as you can, challenge your self a bit, and you will be amazed how many building techniques you'll apply and discover when you build with limited parts.
Probably one day I should start doing some tutorials on how to develop building strategies to accomplish the desired shapes you seek to achieve. But that will come later after I do some of my own (way over due) building!
Anyhow, we could continue with the Concept Vehicles Series as a group project, and if we see there is enough interest in it, we'll get back to the contests.

Thank you so much for the support guys.

Fmoo: The first contest that I hosted with the help of Warhawk and Cout-Blockula had gathered up to 120 different entries, and that was before the hacking incident of FBTB. Number of those entries had lacked quality building due to the young age of builders or due to the limited experiences, but the participation was over whelming for sure.

My Brickshelf Gallery
Big Z
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joseph, let us know when you're ready for this to be unstickied.

Flickr <> Big C's Blog
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Darkkazmo
Lord of the Bricks

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go ahead and unsticky it if you want.
Thanks for helping us out. Smile

My Brickshelf Gallery

Last edited by Darkkazmo on Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Big Z
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unsticky'd!

Flickr <> Big C's Blog
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Contests and Community Builds! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4
Jump to: