FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Theed Capture

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Star Wars MOCs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ACPin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:30 pm    Post subject: Theed Capture Reply with quote

Click this for more pics...

AC
bruceywan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't really reflect the "Theed" of the movies. There's too much grass and greenery, and though there was a lot in the movie, it was contained to planters and the like, not an overgrown seaweeded grassland. I don't think the building really reflects the Naboo aesthetic either, in terms of color or design. Using the corner fence pieces like that makes it almost confusing, and combined with the overdone greenery it gives it the look of an amusement park wating line.
I'd say go for a stone tiled floor, ditch most of the green, switch the grey with tan and sand green, then you might be going somewhere.
Other than a Trade Federation brand concentration camp.
-Bruce

LEGO @ Bruce's Homepage - http://bruce.kus-numa.net/lego/
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
KungZombie
ZOMGpire!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's pretty brutal, Bruce.

But I do tend to agree. I didn't see a speck of grey anywhere on Naboo, and with tan and sand grey colors available, there's really no excuse for this being so grey. Also, Naboo seemed full of rounded, organic shapes, and this seems to be almost exclusively hard corners.

As a piece of architecture, it looks decent, but the most Nubian thing about it is the battle droids.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Theed Palace is very large and this is only a part of it. Your Echo Base dioramas built upon each other, so are you planning on doing something similar with Theed?

If you are, this is a great start. The building itself is well done; the details at the top (and all over) are nicely done. Tan might have been a better choice, but... I dunno. Maybe I've gotta watch the movie again.

I do tend to agree about the surrounding landscape, though. It seems a might too sparse for Theed. Other than that, this looks to be a great start to a Theed project! (hint... hint...)

MOCpages gallery
We all make choices. But in the end... our choices make us.
ACPin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruceywan wrote:
I'd say go for a stone tiled floor, ditch most of the green, switch the grey with tan and sand green, then you might be going somewhere.

-Bruce

Fixed!

KungFused wrote:
As a piece of architecture, it looks decent, but the most Nubian thing about it is the battle droids.

I should have really gone with the Clones battling the BDs in another planet which was my first choice for this scenery. Unfortunately, the clones have run away with the Juggernaut. ::D:

Schism wrote:
Your Echo Base dioramas built upon each other, so are you planning on doing something similar with Theed?

I do tend to agree about the surrounding landscape, though. It seems a might too sparse for Theed. Other than that, this looks to be a great start to a Theed project! (hint... hint...)

You'll just have to wait and see. Wink

AC
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Star Wars MOCs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: