FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Battlestar Galactica *Potential Spoilers*
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> The Bantha Coffee Shop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zombie Foote
Undead!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why? I really didn't think it was that bad. It was a set-up episode, and therefore not the best, but it wasn't terrible.
James P. Zomblton
ZOMGpire!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

/me bites (or attacks, or whatever) Alec.

Also, yes. this episode wasn't as good as other episodes, but still pretty good.
Zombie Sillyus
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZombieJake wrote:
/me bites Darth Sillyus

Grrrrrr.... Urghhhhhh, braaaaaaaains

Iare Zombite wrote:
/me jumps and crushes Zombie Sillyus, Mario style!

Sorry, guys! Embarassed Seems i've missed something. Well, whatever it is i'm suppposed to do... there it is!

As for last night's episode of BSG, that was some A+ spine-tingling, pulse-racing action! Gotta love Starbuck shooting people! And so much for Gaeta being a Cylon! (So, when Baltar was talking about their dirty little secret, is he referring to Gaeta's affair with the 8 back on new Caprica? For fans who didn't see the Webisodes, that might be confusing. Certainly Gaeta doen't want it to be known anytime that he's a Cylon-lover.) You gotta figure that Gaeta & Zareks's grip on power is tenuous.

I certainly like the way they've intertwined all the lead characters' fates. There's definitely a rooting interest now to have the persecuted Cylon-sympathizers (and all the fan-favorite characters) survive from show to show. Hope this isn't a spolier, but here in Canada Space showed next week's trailer and we see the Admiral alive and well and that kind of killed the cliffhanger. So, who was on the shuttle out of there? Lee, Starbuck, Roslin, Baltar, Chief &...? And where's D'Anna, on the rebel Base Star or is she still on earth all depressed?

They're obviously leaving the Final Five, The Opera House, and much of the other stuff they left hanging until it winds down. I think Ronald Moore wanted to push the show's focus away from the mysteries & dense mythology, at least for a bit. Maybe he thought too much of the hype was about 'who's the 5th?' and such, and we had forgotten about the rich characters.
Firespray
Hyperactive

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gaeta certainly knew what he was doing, what with half the crew being on his side Shocked Pissed off Starbuck = win Very Happy The ending scene with Tigh and Adama was just awesome, then the To Be Continued text popped up and I wanted to cry Sad
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adama and Saul turning into action heroes was awesome. Last night's episode was great, and reminded me of earlier episodes when there was actual fighting. Remember that? Laughing
James P. Zomblton
ZOMGpire!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know, I liked the political infighting and power plays. It was reminiscent of Episode II, really. I think we can all agree that that can only be a good thing.

Wink
Zombie Sillyus
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZombieGIR wrote:
Adama and Saul turning into action heroes was awesome. Last night's episode was great, and reminded me of earlier episodes when there was actual fighting. Remember that? Laughing

Agreed. Razz It was a real nice break from the heavy-handed stuff of the last episode. I'll take Saul & The Old Man machine-gunning Marines any day.

actual fighting > dense mythology
Darth's Zombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zombie Sillyus wrote:
So, who was on the shuttle out of there? Lee, Starbuck, Roslin, Baltar, Chief &...?

Nope, Starbuck and Lee went back into the vent and we assume are still on Galactica somewhere. No doubt we will see them leading the counter-insurgency next week. Unfortunately I can't remember who the Chief went with. One of the Sharons was flying it. But I can't recall anyone else.

I also agree this was a great episode. One question still hanging is whether Saul Tigh is still alive. Someone claims him to be dead in the teaser for next week, but that may be a strategy employed by Adama. So the jury is out until next week on that too.

One point I'd like to pick is how long they went on believing Gaeta about the communications array. Someone could have double checked that mess instead of letting it all build up for hours.

And I'm still in disbelief that they would just leave the subject of Earth that quickly without any other explanation on what happened and how nobody knew the 13th tribe were Cylons. Hopefully this will come back up before the series is done. We should expect something soon especially since Deanna was left there.
Hyperactive

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darth's Zombie wrote:
Zombie Sillyus wrote:
So, who was on the shuttle out of there? Lee, Starbuck, Roslin, Baltar, Chief &...?

Nope, Starbuck and Lee went back into the vent and we assume are still on Galactica somewhere. No doubt we will see them leading the counter-insurgency next week. Unfortunately I can't remember who the Chief went with. One of the Sharons was flying it. But I can't recall anyone else.

I think Chief went with Lee and Starbuck, only a Sharon model, Baltar, and Roslin were on the Raptor I think.
Undead!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZombieFirespray wrote:
Nope, Starbuck and Lee went back into the vent... Unfortunately I can't remember who the Chief went with. One of the Sharons was flying it.

Quote:
I think Chief went with Lee and Starbuck, only a Sharon model, Baltar, and Roslin were on the Raptor I think.

Thanks guys. That episode should be nicknamed "saving Private Jaffee". Wink I didn't know Adama cared so much.

I just watched the re-run tonight and happened to catch the quick glimpse of Lee & Kara climbing up the vent. I believe Adama told them to "take Chief back the way they came" so i'd assume he's gone with them. They have to break Helo, Athena, Anders & Six outta the brig somehow.

I'm a bit surprised we didn't see any concern for Anders' safety by Kara (i guess they're finally finished?). Actually, have they even showed a scene between those two? And i figured Saul might more concerned how Pregnant Six is doing.

So only Roslin, Baltar and a Sharon pilot were on the Raptor. Gaeta orders it to be destroyed (can he run a Battlestar?) & we see the Shuttle under attack in the preview, but they can just emerg jump outta there, no?

When Baltar phoned Gaeta was he referring to death lists on New Caprica, or?

Darth's Zombie wrote:
And I'm still in disbelief that they would just leave the subject of Earth that quickly without any other explanation on what happened and how nobody knew the 13th tribe were Cylons. Hopefully this will come back up before the series is done. We should expect something soon especially since Deanna was left there.

I'm kind of in disbelief too, but as i mentioned before i think they wanted to shift focus for a bit. Certainly when they do revisit those mysteries it will only add heaps to the current drama.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> The Bantha Coffee Shop All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4
Jump to: