FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Canadian Toy & Hobby Fair: Summer/Fall 09 Revealed!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO Star Wars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZombieEighty-Oh
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zom-9 wrote:
El Jefe wrote:
I don't need a fourth CW Anakin or Ahsoka, and I've got more than enough R2-D2s.
Well this is the clone wars isn't it?

Yes. CLONE anyone? This isn't the 'Anakin and his annoying padawan Wars', is it?
Join the Clone Army Builders Guild, and pay your fair share! I do! (when they make me)
zombieprongs
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZombieEighty-Oh wrote:
Zom-9 wrote:
El Jefe wrote:
I don't need a fourth CW Anakin or Ahsoka, and I've got more than enough R2-D2s.
Well this is the clone wars isn't it?

Yes. CLONE anyone? This isn't the 'Anakin and his annoying padawan Wars', is it?

Woosh!

Missed that one, eh?
Drock

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedd the Zombie wrote:
My Dad, however, is far from sold on the sets as he prefers solid vehicles to playsets. I'm hoping I can convince him sufficiently, those are killer!

I guess your dad and I think alike. There isn't really anything here I'm too excited about. I prefer OT stuff (though I have a few PT and CW sets), but the Hoth and Endor sets just don't do it for me.
ZombieEighty-Oh
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without the playsets, how do you play with the vehicles? Do you struggle vainly to stand minifigs up on a carpet? Plus, playsets are infinitely more expandable than vehicles; you can add to them constantly.
Join the Clone Army Builders Guild, and pay your fair share! I do! (when they make me)
ImpairedZombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZombieEighty-Oh wrote:
Without the playsets, how do you play with the vehicles?

I think we're on to something here.....maybe not everyone plays with Legos? Wink
thrasher zombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, we need to give LEGO credit. We asked for an Endor set and Hoth set. Sure it took awhile, but we now have it. And LEGO trys to please both its kid fanbase and its older fanbase. But you need to remember, the kid fanbase comes first, then us. Wink
DestructiveZombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lego could come out with a billion Anakin and annoying apprentace sets and I won't care since there is an Endor and TaunTaun set. All I care about has been answered Very Happy

DeviantART|Brickshelf
Zombsta' Bo
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like your pretty pumped for the new sets, dD. Wink

I'm starting to consider getting the Venator. My brother got the Star Destroyer in 2006, and I kinda liked it, even though I didn't like pictures of it. I wasn't sold on the Republic Cruiser, either, and when my brother got it, I thought it was neat. All ythe large spaceships have cool builds and designs, and I haven't built one since 4504 Falcon. Plus, the Venator has young Palpy, which might be a neat minifig. I cannot miss out on another big ship, though the rumoured Home One might be more worth it. Oh TLG, why must you taunt me with all these bigs, expensive sets?
thrasher zombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO, I would get the Venator. So far, it looks great. Like you mentioned, a new Palpy, plus we will get the new blue Senate Guards, which look very nice (I just hope we get a new helmet mold for them). I'm hoping on there being a nice interior. Even if there aren't many details, if there is alot of room, it can always be Modded.

And ya, 09 is going to be very expensive. Home One I'm sure will be over 100$, then the Venator and Endor at around 100$. Plus the fact that LEGO seems to always be raising there prices every wave. But I haven't been this excited for a wave of sets in awhile, so the temptation to blow all the money that I will get this summer on LEGO is taking over. (Which pretty much means save up my upcoming Birthday money, and mow as many lawns as I can. And try to get a job now that I'll be 16 in a couple months).
ZombieEighty-Oh
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ImpairedZombie wrote:
ZombieEighty-Oh wrote:

I think we're on to something here.....maybe not everyone plays with Legos? Wink

So they don't MOC at all? 'Play' is a very descriptive word; it can mean many things; surely more images come to mind than little Johnny running around swooshing his V-19 making sound effects. Razz

Ah well; not my place to argue about that.
The Brain Eater
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thrasher zombie wrote:
Like you mentioned, a new Palpy, plus we will get the new blue Senate Guards, which look very nice (I just hope we get a new helmet mold for them).

ARRRGH!

I've been waiting for weeks to give this info, and when I Pmed Ryan to find out if this was acceptable info to give from the Canadian Toy Fair pics, he never replied! (Wasn't sure due to the fact the there were no pics of the actual set besides the corner of the box...)

Ah well, at least we all know now. The Senate Guards based on the pics I have seen do have new headpieces, but I'm rather discouraged at the lack of minifigs to be found in the Venator--Palpy and two Guards is great, but other than them, all we have is a clone pilot and gunner. What gives? The ISD had waaaaaaaaaaaaay more figs, even generic soldiers types. The Venator should definitely have more figs in it. Mad
Drock

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ImpairedZombie wrote:
ZombieEighty-Oh wrote:

Ha. yeah, I pretty much build them, then put them up on an 8-foot high ledge in my living room for display.
DestructiveZombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZombieEighty-Oh wrote:
ImpairedZombie wrote:
ZombieEighty-Oh wrote:

So they don't MOC at all? 'Play' is a very descriptive word; it can mean many things; surely more images come to mind than little Johnny running around swooshing his V-19 making sound effects.

Nope. I do not "play" with my Lego at all. I put it on display, and very rarely touch it. When I do it's generally for dusting purposes. I'm a collector, not a 'player'.

DeviantART|Brickshelf
ZombieEighty-Oh
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I'm glad you're not a player... Shocked

*cough* *cough* *nudge* *nudge*

Razz
tylerguy2004

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really hope that isn't the final design for the endor rebel troops - Green kelpies and a few squiggles on the torso? I've been waiting so long for a few 'official' rebel endor helmets...

Love the tauntaun though Very Happy
mavriel

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who is Rodian Senator Onaconda Farr? He is one of the new figs in the Separatist Shuttle, but he looks like Greedo.
Morbie19
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...and 2 seconds in Google to the rescue!

Maybe he looks like Greedo because they're both Rodians, and LEGO wanted to re-use the head? Just maybe? Wink

m19

Brickshelf | Flickr
Blacknight

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But there's a good chance this time we'll get a green Rodian with Farr rather than the aqua-blue one we got as Greedo.
0ceanZombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah it would be good to have a few different Rodian variations.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO Star Wars All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5
Jump to: