FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

LEGO "Clone Wars' game in 2009??

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO/Star Wars Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnsocal

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:17 pm    Post subject: LEGO "Clone Wars' game in 2009?? Reply with quote

IMO it seems very likely we could se a new LEGO SW game based on the new "Clone Wars' series in 2009.

If they do indeed make it, what would you like to see???

Visit my Official LEGO Factory site: http://tinyurl.com/yrsw7l to buy or download my Mandalorian ships or Space City Modules for FREE.
ZombieSolo
... eats you all. [zMOD]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree... it seems like a perfect opening for a new videogame. I'm just disgusted by the face design of Anakin and would absolutely flat out hate to see other characters mutilated like that.
ZombieKenobi
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd buy that game for sure. However, I don't know how many clone war sets lego will produce. And I do agree with Don.
johnsocal

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don,

Im actually thankful of the mutilated Anakin head, since it helps prevent me from spending money. Very Happy

Visit my Official LEGO Factory site: http://tinyurl.com/yrsw7l to buy or download my Mandalorian ships or Space City Modules for FREE.
ZombieSolo
... eats you all. [zMOD]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John, you're a "glass is half full" sort of guy aren't you? Laughing
Thadiator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would totally buy it. I would like to see the Clones and the Droids holding the gun molds. They should let you play as any characters not just Anakin and Obi-Wan. It would also depend on how many sets they make for the series. Although with one hundred episodes there might be many.
DarkZombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm all for a new LEGO Star Wars game, anything to keep the super-awesome beat-em' up alive! However, like Thadiator pointed out, to make this game this game there would have to be a good amount of material (More Clone Wars EU sets) to work with. I suppose they could use a few existing ep. II-III sets (Republic Gunship, JSF, MTT, etc.) Fortunatley, I very much doubt that they're gonna stop the Clone Wars EU line that they've started with Anakin's JSF, so LEGO Star Wars: Clone Wars looks like a cool possibility. And they're for sure gonna have more than 2 characters, the first two have had dozens! Can't wait for Durge, Ventress, and Grievous with Lightsabers in his feet Razz . And I agree about the faces, they look like somthing out of Manhunt, its terrifying. Shocked

EDIT: I almost forgot about the CGI Clone Wars series soming out in (I think) 2009, that would be another huge incentive for a LEGO Clone Wars game.

Last edited by DarkZombie on Fri Dec 21, 2007 3:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
JT-77
New Clone on the Block

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd buy it if it had some TX-130S mayhem and tons of clonies in it.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DonSolo wrote:
I agree... it seems like a perfect opening for a new videogame. I'm just disgusted by the face design of Anakin and would absolutely flat out hate to see other characters mutilated like that.

Amen, amen, amen. Maybe they've gotten the message that many (dare I say most) of us hate the look. Almost as freaky as the ones on eBay with the Hasbro head on the minifig body.

There's more than enough material to make a game like this work. Heck, most of the levels in the other games were drawn out/ inspired by short moments from the movies. For instance, Yoda and Obi-Wan going back to the Jedi temple after Order 66 lasted just a few minutes in the movie, yet they took that general idea and made a solid level out of it.

I would imagine that the LEGO Star Wars games have been a real cash cow for them and although there's Indy and Batman coming soon, they're not the juggernaut that Star Wars is.
Jettbacca

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yah, I'd buy that. It would be sort of weird for people who don't watch it, but still,would be a great game.
batsamd

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read an article on Gamespot that said the following:

Gamespot wrote:
Today, WBIE (Warner Brothers Interactive Entertainment) revealed its first acquisition since its half-billion-dollar windfall. The interactive arm of Time Warner is now the proud owner of Traveller's Tales, the British developer of the Bioncle series and the wildly popular Lego Star Wars series.

Also, since Warner Brothers is the US distributor of the Clone Wars movie, and that the cartoon will air on WB owned stations, I think a LEGO Clone Wars video game is sure to happen.

I would guess late '09 or early '10.
Captain Ausome

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love al the lego star wars games but i might actually pass on this one. It would just be so distracting to be playing as an ugly character through an entire game. It just doesnt appeal to me.
On the other hand, I would love to see how lego uses the new gun molds for the characters and if they made it with the lego indiana jones format. So i kinda want to see it realeased, and maybe i'll rent it, but im probably not going to buy it.
johnsocal

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If LEGO chooses to bring out a LEGO Clone Wars game in Fall/Winter 2009 I think adding some elements from the new Batman game would be great. Clone Troopers would be able to switch into different types of Clone armor for different situations (swimming, flying, and etc).

Anyone else have some ideas you would like to see LEGO add into a new Clone Wars LEGO game if they made one?

DestructiveZombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to see a Clone Wars game. And Lego could always add in some of the movie/show story lines but since this is such an open story, they could add in many of their own levels and stories.
I would love to see them add in levels where you are just playing as a Clone Trooper of some sort.

It would also be neat to see if they added in what Lego Indy had with picking up weapons from fallen enemies. And also as John said above, using the costume changing function as Batman has.

DeviantART|Brickshelf
Zombieknight56
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this is off topic, but it is a little bit similar to what we are discussing.

Lego Indiana Jones didn't have the 4th movie in it, so I think that same might be said for that.

If Lego does make a Clone Wars game, thenno reason why they shouldn't make Indy.
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and you should be able to play both sides of the conflict i.e A story for the Republic and a story for the Sepratists like Lego Batman

" Let me show you how it works clanker!"

Captain REX of the 501st
Zekkbie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarkBlue wrote:
I almost forgot about the CGI Clone Wars series soming out in (I think) 2009, that would be another huge incentive for a LEGO Clone Wars game.

Do you mean the one that premiered last night?

Anyway, I'd love a LEGO Clone Wars game. I think you should start as a normal clone and then move up in rank and eventually unlock characters like Anakin and Obi-Wan, etc. That would make it different from the other LEGO Star Wars games and IMO it would make it more interesting.

Will? Mr. Smith? I'VE BEEN DESTROYED!!!!
Brick Fett

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh I love that idea Zekk.

Also it would be cool to make it more like a strategy based game where you can choose what planet to go to next and when you get a higher rank you can command other clones.

Be more interesting than the one level after another games that we're use to with LEGO.

Zekkbie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you're clone you can get assigned planets and I think you should fight in a group and your group is taking on a larger, organized group of droids. There could also be more of a battle plan, where you are assigned tasks to perform that are essential to success of your platoon (or whatever). And when you unlock Jedi, then you could choose the planet you want to invade. Kind of like Battlefront and Republic Commando combined and made into LEGO.

Will? Mr. Smith? I'VE BEEN DESTROYED!!!!
Captain Ausome

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That idea sounds brilliant! Too bad it probably wont be made into a game. Sad
Brick Fett

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Games take years to develope so there's really only one shot at it and I'm sure they wouldn't bet it all on a comment from a couple of fans.

But we can dream can't we? Razz

zombie REX
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zekk wrote:
When you're clone you can get assigned planets and I think you should fight in a group and your group is taking on a larger, organized group of droids. There could also be more of a battle plan, where you are assigned tasks to perform that are essential to success of your platoon (or whatever). And when you unlock Jedi, then you could choose the planet you want to invade. Kind of like Battlefront and Republic Commando combined and made into LEGO.

Zekk you completely read my mind for both your posts! I had those ideas for months! Very Happy

" Let me show you how it works clanker!"

Captain REX of the 501st
zombieboy
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i really want it to come out. if it does, i hope its available on the PS2, since, Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga, and Lego Batman wasn't, i'm just thankful that Lego Indiana Jones came out on it.
Clonecommando007
New Clone on the Block

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JT-77 wrote:
I'd buy it if it had some TX-130S mayhem and tons of clonies in it.

What-cho talking bout? You'd buy it no matter what! Laughing

I think this would be a great addition to the Lego Star Wars video game series, however I don't think it'll be developed anytime soon because of the lack of news from anywhere about this under development.

Visit the Clone Army Builders Guild -
www.TheCABG.net
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Gen_Shingar

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, a new lego game would be awesome... I just have one , ok 2 major hopes for this... ok, 3.. :D

1. I hope it has a custom (with a HUGE selection) of custom create-a-character parts, lots of clone variaties.

2. Open end game, everyone wants something custom and the best way is to make it easily mod-able, extends gameplay and lets people get involved in their game.

3. Massive battle WITH AI that can actually do something, I HATED when I would be trying to do something and my AI buddy would shoot 1,00 or so blaster rounds into someone and I would still have to kill them.... imagin a fullout Geo battle........ Drools

I know (Hands y'all a paper towel)
Zombie_Fisto
Undead!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How would the level groups be divided though?
Star Wars has the episodes and Indy has the movies. I never played the Btaman game so I'm not sure on how that one works.

I guess you could have first series, movie, then second series? But it sounds like we're all focusing on the current Clone Wars series. It would probably just have to be random. Levels for certain episodes, a level for each episode would be nice. Laughing Then after beating a certain amount of material in the game you would unlock a sequence of levels from the movie maybe? I certainly hope they do create the game.

Vidzombie wrote:
/slurps up Kit's remaining mess.
DestructiveZombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zombie_Fisto wrote:
How would the level groups be divided though?
Star Wars has the episodes and Indy has the movies. I never played the Btaman game so I'm not sure on how that one works.

The Batman were seperated into three different chapters.
Each chapter focused on a main bad guy's evil plan, Riddler, Penguin, and Joker. And they featured the other badguys working with/for each of the villians.

But the reason that worked with Batman, is because it was an original story for the game. Now they always COULD make a slightly original story for the Clone Wars featuring main characters and whatnot. It is after all a war that lasted 3-4 years or so, alot happened in that time, and they obviously can't cover EVERYTHING in the tv show, so there is always room for original stories and whatnot.

DeviantART|Brickshelf
Gen_Shingar

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it could be cut into campaigns.... One picking up rigth after the Geo attack and going until the first "Clone Wars" cartoon, then following that From Phase I to Phase II armor (Including the New clone wars series) then the battles from Ep III
ZombieEighty-Oh
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I would expect from the possibility of this game is having two characters, as always, but the two characters are either a white job and a ranking clone or a ranking clone and a Jedi(you can always have two Jedi and a ranking clone, two ranking clones and a Jedi, vice versa) and you have to run through CW battles, and you have a count of how many clones you have in each battle so you can try and preserve as many of them as you can because the planet could be attacked again. So it's sort of like an RPG only you're in first person. THAT would be awesome, and the hub would be a Venator where you get to look at a star map and choose which planet you wish to invade/recapture/back up.
Join the Clone Army Builders Guild, and pay your fair share! I do! (when they make me)
Gen_Shingar

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LEGO: Battlefront... sounds cool, but I would much prefer the view of the current lego games than a First Person version
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO/Star Wars Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: