FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Doctor Who
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> The Bantha Coffee Shop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zombie Fetty
Undead!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, here's a question I've got relating to new Series 1, 2 and 3.

In 'The End of the World', Cassandra is said to be the last human alive. I'm pretty sure that in 'Gridlock' (and maybe 'New Earth') we saw some full, proper humans. Why/How?

Things are getting strange, I'm starting to worry,
This could be a case for Mulder and Scully
Gingerbeard Man

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master Fetty wrote:
Right, here's a question I've got relating to new Series 1, 2 and 3.

In 'The End of the World', Cassandra is said to be the last human alive. I'm pretty sure that in 'Gridlock' (and maybe 'New Earth') we saw some full, proper humans. Why/How?

Those weren't proper humans. Wink

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lady_Cassandra
Quote:
As the rest of the human race had long since either interbred with other intelligent species or altered themselves to the point even they don't call themselves human anymore (references are made to 'New Humans', 'Proto-humans' and 'Digi-humans'), Cassandra considered herself the last "pure" human, and all others as 'mongrels'.

The Master Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davies Receives OBE
Russell T Davies, the man at the helm of Doctor Who's resurrection since its inception, has received the Order of the British Empire for his services in the field of Drama in a ceremony at Buckingham Palace.

Davies, speaking with Prince Charles at the ceremony, said he was "proud to be recognised for his writing."

You can find the article which talks about his award on the BBC News website.

Radio Times - Doctor Who Special
The latest issue of the BBC's Radio Times features an extensive preview of the forthcoming Christmas special "The Next Doctor", including a front cover picture of David Tennant and guest star David Morrissey, with a fold-out section including the adversaries they will face in the episode. Including multiple covers, this is the 23rd time the series has been granted the honour of the front page of the magazine since its return in 2005; the 8th in 2008 alone, and the 45th in the show's 45-year history.

As well as previewing "The Next Doctor", Radio Times also has a behind-the-scenes feature marking the return of the Brigadier to our TV screens in The Sarah Jane Adventures.

In addition, the issue looks back at 2008, with celebrities including Catherine Tate.

Doctor Who Advent Calendar
It's December! And just like last year, the BBC have got a Doctor Who Advent Calendar for us all to enjoy! Very Happy As always, it can be found on the Doctor Who website.

Today's window gives us a special Christmas message from David Tennant. Very Happy
The Master Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New Pictures from The Next Doctor
The Daily Mail has produced a small report about this year's Christmas Day Special. It features two photographs.

The report.
Source: The Daily Mail.

Last edited by The Master Zombie on Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zombie Fetty
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is David Morrissey thought to be the next doctor? I've not heard any big rumours about it. Consider how Davis seems to have an inability to deliver on what he says (i.e the title) and the fact the special was filmed before Tennant said he was going to leave.

The Master Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know really. Some say he is, some say he isn't. Whoever does replace Tennant will have some very big shoes to fill though. Neutral

While I'm here, have you lot heard the latest rumour about The Next Doctor? It is said that all 10 Doctors will make an appearance in the episode! Using some pretty fancy technology, the producers have taken clips from the Classic Series, the 1996 movie and the New Series to use in the Christmas Special! Of course, just how much of this rumour is true is yet to be known. Laughing Russell T Davies has made comments about it, but he may just be doing it to fuel speculation. Idea All that we know for sure (from Russell) is that "there is going to be a big twist to the story at the end of the episode"! Shocked

Next Doctor and Proms Special Transmission Details
If you don't already know, The Next Doctor will air on BBC One on Christmas Day at 6pm and will last an hour. It will be the first time a Christmas Special has been shown at 6pm instead of 7pm (like in previous years).

Doctor Who At The Proms, which features highlights from the concert that took place at the Royal Albert Hall in London on July 27, will be broadcast on New Year's Day on BBC One. It starts at 1.50pm and also lasts an hour. The programme will include Music of the Spheres - the specially-filmed scene featuring the Doctor and the Graske, which was written by Russell T Davies.

New Clip Online
The official BBC Doctor Who website has posted a clip from this year's forthcoming Christmas Special as the treat behind the door of day 21 on their "Adventure Calendar".

The new 50-second video clip, only available to UK users of the site, features the character of Miss Hartigan (Dervla Kirwan) interacting with the Cybermen.

Margot Van der Burgh - RIP
Earlier this month, Margot Van der Burgh died at the age of 73. She had two roles in classic Doctor Who. Appearing with William Hartnell in the 1964 story The Aztecs she played Cameca, who provided a rare love interest for the Doctor. She later appeared with Tom Baker in the 1981 story The Keeper of Traken, in which she played Katura. Margot Van der Burgh had a long and distinguished career in British television appearing in many classic serials such as Anna Karenina, Edward the Seventh and Great Expectations.

Last edited by The Master Zombie on Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:53 am; edited 1 time in total
The Master Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well here we are! Christmas Day! Very Happy

I'll take this one opportunity I have right now to wish all Doctor Who fans on here a very Merry Christmas. I won't be here today as I'm going down to Southampton to visit family so I'll see you all after the Christmas Special.

Merry Christmas everyone. Smile

Last edited by The Master Zombie on Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Starsmore

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 5:02 pm    Post subject: The Next Doctor Reply with quote

Pretty decent episode. Morrissey is no Kylie Minogue, but the story was pretty decent.

The twist on the big enemy was kinda lame though. Of course, how often can they keep trotting out the Cybermen though? At least now with the new guy behind the wheel, they can beat another oldskool Dr Who enemy to death.
Dalek Zombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Master wrote:
I won't be here today as I'm going down to Southampton to visit family so I'll see you all after the Christmas Special.

Weird. I've gone down to Portsmouth for the Hols.
The Master Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy New Year! Very Happy

The first Who post of 2009! And what could be better than to welcome in the new year with some breaking news! Very Happy

*Breaking News*

New Doctor Who to be Announced!
The name of the actor who will replace David Tennant in Doctor Who will be announced on Saturday. Tennant said in October that he would stand down from the show after filming four special episodes in 2009.

His replacement - the eleventh Doctor of the TV series - will be revealed in a Doctor Who Confidential programme on BB One at 1735 on January 3rd. The casting was confirmed over Christmas and filming for the 2010 series begins in the summer.

Source: Teletext, page 502.

Eleventh Doctor Announced Tomorrow!
BBC News has announced that the identity of the actor who will play the Eleventh Doctor, succeeding current Doctor David Tennant, will be announced tomorrow.

The news will come in a special edition of tie-in documentary series Doctor Who Confidential, which is being transmitted on BBC One tomorrow evening at 5.35pm. The episode will also be shown at the same time on BBC Big Screens in town centres across the UK.

The actor was confirmed in the role over the Christmas period and will begin filming for Series Five this summer, for transmission in 2010. New executive producer Piers Wenger is quoted as saying: "We believe the actor is going to bring something very special to the role and will make it absolutely their own. I just can't wait to tell everyone who it is - it has been a nail-biting Christmas trying to keep this under wraps!"

The release from the BBC Press Office confirms that the Confidential episode has been retitled "The Eleventh Doctor" (it was formerly advertised as "The Ten Doctors" on New Year's Day, after "The Next Doctor" was shown on BBC1), and will feature the actor concerned giving his or her thoughts on having been cast. The press release also suggests that the last of David Tennant's episodes as the Doctor will be broadcast in the New Year of 2010.

The BBC have created a special trailer for the Doctor Who Confidential episode, which is also available to British internet users on their official YouTube page.

Source: GallifreyOne.
Zombie Fetty
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And there I was thinking they might try and do a Cloverfield and keep it secret. Lazy, lazy people.

I am excited though,

Joedward
Hoover

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to it. I'm so glad Whatshisface wasn't the new Doctor, that would have been awful. Also, tM, that quote in your sig is one of the reasons I didn't like him.

*shudders*

Also, just curious, did you watch the proms?
The Jinja Zombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huh, I seem to be one of the few people here who liked David Morissey. Laughing It's almost a shame that it won't be him now...

And Ed, I listened to the DW Prom on the day, and I think the TV one from New Year's is recorded on my Sky+ planner somewhere... I'll check later.

If you really like fish, put this in your sig: ><>
Zombie Fetty
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt Smith.

Zombie T
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks wrong.
The Master Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Official: Matt Smith is the Eleventh Doctor

26-year-old actor Matt Smith has been cast as the Eleventh Doctor, as revealed in today's special broadcast of Doctor Who Confidential on BBC One. Smith will succeed David Tennant in the role for the fifth series, which begins filming this summer and will air in 2010.

Smith has appeared in various television productions, including alongside Billie Piper in the BBC's adaptations of the Philip Pullman novels The Ruby in the Smoke and The Shadow in the North. He co-starred in the drama series Party Animals, and (on stage) was in Alan Bennett's acclaimed play The History Boys.

Smith was born and bred in Northampton, England, and later attended the University of East Anglia in Norwich. He is the youngest actor ever to have been cast as the Doctor in the TV series.

BBC News quotes Smith as saying: "I've got this wonderful journey in front of me where I've got this six months to build this Time Lord - and that's such an exciting prospect." Executive producer Piers Wenger has said that: "It was abundantly clear that he had that 'Doctor-ness' about him. You are either the Doctor or you are not."

The BBC Press Office meanwhile, has a full release with quotes from new chief writer Steven Moffat, who was one of those behind Smith's casting. "The Doctor is a very special part, and it takes a very special actor to play him. You need to be old and young at the same time, a boffin and an action hero, a cheeky schoolboy and the wise old man of the universe. As soon as Matt walked through the door, and blew us away with a bold and brand new take on the Time Lord, we knew we had our man."

Do you want to know more about the Eleventh Doctor? Just who is Matt Smith? Find out here.

Last edited by The Master Zombie on Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zombie Fetty
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too young.

Doesn't look right.

I don't know who he is.

Lets see him try to proove us all wrong.

James P. Zomblton
ZOMGpire!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking "Emo Doctor" here. I'm pretty sure that that's not good.
Starsmore

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me and the misses both said that he looks like he should be in Twilight.

Seriously, WTF?!
Zombie T
Undead!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Starsmore wrote:
Me and the misses both said that he looks like he should be in Twilight.

Hit the nail on the head there I'd say.

I so wanted Chiwetal Ejiofor.
The Master Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joedward wrote:
I'm so glad Whatshisface wasn't the new Doctor, that would have been awful. Also, tM, that quote in your sig is one of the reasons I didn't like him.

*shudders*

Awful?! Awful?! David Morrissey was amazing! Remember that he (as Jackson Lake in the episode) had destroyed the Cybermen with an infostamp which had backfired and flooded his mind with information about the Doctor. In despair at losing his wife, Lake came to believe he was the Doctor.

You can't say DM was bad simply because of that one line at the beginning. This is a man who believes he is the Doctor.

Joedward wrote:
Also, just curious, did you watch the proms?

I'm afraid not. I was working that day. Was it any good? I heard there were some hilarious camera shots of scared children! Laughing

The Jinja Ninja wrote:
Huh, I seem to be one of the few people here who liked David Morissey. Laughing It's almost a shame that it won't be him now...

I absolutely loved him! Very Happy He was superb as the "Doctor" and I'm really sad that he isn't the Eleventh. Sad
Joedward
Hoover

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe it was just the quote that irks me. It's so un-Doctor-ish.

Would you think a lot less of me if I told you I actually kept falling asleep during the episode on Christmas day (I was extremely tired, not bored, and my grandparents have the comfiest arm chairs) and I just didn't watch the repeat.

Sad

I'll wait for the DVD
Zombie Fetty
Undead!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joedward wrote:
Would you think a lot less of me if I told you I actually kept falling asleep during the episode on Christmas day (I was extremely tired, not bored, and my grandparents have the comfiest arm chairs) and I just didn't watch the repeat.

Nope, in fact, I was in a similar situation, except I was falling asleep due to illness.

The Master Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBC staff magazine tells the secret
Ariel, the weekly in-house magazine for BBC staff, has published a feature in its latest edition looking at the secret preparations that led to the announcement of Matt Smith's casting as the Eleventh Doctor in a special edition of Doctor Who Confidential last Saturday. The feature reveals that the process was entirely conducted via verbal conversations, with no written record left in e-mail form and as few people as possible made aware of the casting decision.

The special edition of Confidential was organised at a secret meeting in December between executive producer Piers Wenger, BBC One controller Jay Hunt, BBC Controller of Fiction Jane Tranter and Head of Scheduling George Dixon, after Smith had been offered the role but before he had officially signed up to play it. On the day that he did sign a contract, Smith was secretly interviewed by a two-man Doctor Who Confidential crew, and then on Christmas Eve took part in a photoshoot in the basement of BBC Television Centre in London. Neither the photographer nor the stylist involved knew what the shoot was for, with the TARDIS later being photoshopped into the background of the pictures. Time was booked to show the Confidential on BBC Big Screens in town centres across the UK, without the various Big Screen producers in those towns knowing what they would be showing.

Julian Payne, the Communications Chief for BBC One and BBC Drama, tells Ariel: "Right up until the show went out newspapers were firing names at me but in the end, the media too were excited by how the announcement happened. Luck undoubtedly played a part but it was testament to a great team effort by BBC Wales, BBC Worldwide, the Big Screens team and the Doctor Who website team who all swung into action."

The Next Doctor - official ratings
The Next Doctor was watched by 13.1 million viewers on Christmas Day, according to official figures issued by BARB. The final figure is much larger than the initial overnight ratings, and includes those who recorded the programme and watched it within one week. The figure puts Doctor Who as the number two programme of the week, the third episode running to make the top two.

The high rating makes Doctor Who the fifth most watched programme of 2008, beating every episode of EastEnders and Coronation Street shown during the year. It was the highest rated drama of 2008. The top programme of the year was Wallace and Gromit: A Matter of Loaf and Death, co-written by K9 co-creator Bob Baker, with 16.15 million watching. The only other programmes to beat Doctor Who last year were The X Factor and the final of Britain's Got Talent.

The Next Doctor has the ninth highest rating in the series' 45 year history, a remarkable achievement seeing that for much of its life Doctor Who only faced opposition from ITV and BBC2.
Anakin Solo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...And now they've all seen him and relised he sucks, Doctor Who viewing figures will slump in 2010.
Zombie Fetty
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know how you can tell the suckiness of someone before actually seeing them act. I think his enthusiasm will carry through to his acting.

ZombieSeptemris
ZOMGpire!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SUCH A LOVELY.... BRAINNNNNNN

/me bites Master Fetty
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Catch-up on Who News
Sorry it's been a while since I've posted news. I've been involved in a large project at work and just haven't had the time to get on the internet! You should see the number of emails I have waiting to be read. Shocked

1. Work began on Monday the 19th of January for the forthcoming special Planet of the Dead at Museum Avenue and Park Place in Cardiff. James Strong will be directing it.
2. On January 21st, it was confirmed that Michelle Ryan is to appear in Planet of the Dead. Some fans had seen her days before on a double decker bus that will feature in the episode, while others caught a glimpse of her trailer.
3. On January 22nd, it was revealed that Lee Evans has been cast as "a Professor" in one of the forthcoming specials. No other details are known yet.

Martha Jones Returns Again
Freema Agyeman will return to Doctor Who for one more appearance as Martha Jones before David Tennant leaves the role. Agyeman is (according to the reports) scheduled to appear in one of the four upcoming specials that Tennant will appear in before turning over the role to Matt Smith. An insider has said "Freema's on board but it's early days so it's unclear what exactly Martha will be up to in the special".

Prop Bus Damaged In Dubai
Extensive damage was caused to a bus due to be used in Dubai for filming Doctor Who special Planet of the Dead.

Dubai newspaper 7DAYS has uploaded a report with a picture showing the double-decker's roof crushed. It says the vehicle was damaged by a crane operator at Dubai port as it was being brought into the United Arab Emirates state. The left side of the bus was also crushed inwards, windows were smashed, the frame was bent and paint was ripped from the roof. The vehicle is currently being repaired.

The accident has also been covered by BBC News, The Daily Telegraph and The Sun. Although parts of the story's script had to be rewritten, the BBC said that filming was "continuing as normal". Another bus is being used for filming in Cardiff.
Jettbacca

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really pissed that they're only showing the specials in Canada. Oh well, theres always DVDs

But still
The Jinja Zombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meaning they're not showing the series, only the 2009 specials?

That'll be confusing for whoever starts watching it at Easter. Confused

If you really like fish, put this in your sig: ><>
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> The Bantha Coffee Shop All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
Page 13 of 13
Jump to: