FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A Mini Fighter

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theZombieAbides
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:17 am    Post subject: A Mini Fighter Reply with quote

I was fooling around with some pieces a while back and came up with this little mini fighter. Actually, I make it sound a lot easier than it was, as this went through umpteen iterations as my indecisive self couldn't make up my mind about what my ultimate goal was. After finally forcing myself to settle down and focus, I made this.

Gallery (When Moderated)

Its not part of any "subtheme" and it doesn't have any story. I feel its better to let the viewer come to their own conclusions about these things. After all, that's half the fun of building with LEGO.

Personally, I think it came out nice, and am proud of the asymmetry. Let me know what you think.
TK-425
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya know, this has an almost Twilight-like feel to it. But in a good way. I love the asymetry, too.
patientzombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is very nice. Itís done very well for what looks like less than dozen pieces. To the best of my knowledge this seems to be very original. You should be impressed with yourself. Many times I find these very small builds just as impressive as the huge ones that we see in the LEGO section. Big designs are impressive because of the magnitude of their scale and intricate detail. Others, like this MOC, are great in their simplicity to convey a good idea.

I agree with you about background stories. Personally, I rarely read them in other MOCs that Iíve seen made in this forum. If a builder does it right and has the confidence in what is created, there isnít any real need. The design should speak for itself. That, in my opinion, is the real challenge in creating a really well done MOC with LEGO or any other medium for that matter.

You did an excellent job on this.
The Department of Redundancy Department
Zombie Dragon
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks cool, but I never did like the idea of a non-centered cockpit (I'm looking at you, Millenium Falcon). It makes me feel dizzy.

Red Hawk wrote:
Sometimes I wonder why I'm here.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: