FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SW: Battlefront- What would YOU change?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO/Star Wars Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zombifox
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More than 18 a side on console (i know the computer has a mode for huge battles but i hate the computer version because you arent an unstoppable ball of rage Mad )

Just make maps genaraly larger, 5x the ai players, hero ships, as many capitol ships as you want in space battles (but you have to buy them), include the ability to tacticaly control your ai and a commander clone or droid that controls the AI

... and thats it Laughing
Zombiegoo
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fox wrote:
as many capitol ships as you want in space battles (but you have to buy them)

Now that's an interesting idea, perhaps not that suitable for BF3 but some another future SW combat game.
It might be quite cool if you had before the battle the ability to customize your army, to have a certain amount of credits to get different numbers of different troops and vehicles. Maybe not so functional an idea, but rather interesting nevertheless..

Fox wrote:
i hate the computer version because you arent an unstoppable ball of rage Mad

What do you mean by that?
Zombifox
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Galagoo wrote:

Fox wrote:
i hate the computer version because you arent an unstoppable ball of rage Mad

What do you mean by that?

Well i played bf2 computer version after 3 years of playing bf2 on console, and i only got a 1:1 kill ratio (normaly its about 15:1). Although iI did only try computer version in lan multiplayer, but from what i could tell it was a lot different. The lack of auto targeting realy peeved me off Crying or Very sad
Zombiegoo
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Auto-targeting is for n00bs. Wink
Gen_Shingar

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys are right, if there is a BF3 I would love to see something like not exactly having gree on kashyyyk or bly on felucia, but the option to select which troops you want... that woudl help with creating your own story.

Also the ability to create a custom clone design (or designs depending on various trooper types) to have for a story mode or free play.

And of course the beloved things of BF such as prone, land vehicles (Especially if the levels are larger as a more powerful system would allow for) would be awesome.

As for hero, I HATE how you have to play the hero in BFII It should be an option to have the CPU run the hero, powerful like in BF but not a god, to be able to lead and not only go as far as a player has.

As mentioned above I would love to see the varients of troopers, whole command structors.... Gree, Sniper, the AT-RT Commander/Rider... not just the screen clones but expanded figures to make whole squads. Not just Phase II but also the various Phase I (Fordo, space troopers, the new clone wars troops, ect.) and Commando (Delta, squad 7, omega, ect.) and ARC Troopers (Commander, Captain, ect.)

Another thing, shown in BF: RS was customizing weaponry, I would love to hold a blaster rifle/fusion cutter and a thermal det. with mines, as everyone has there prefs.... using this to make custom squads along with the ability to make custom skins.

Of course we all want to see the full return of Bespin and Rhen Var, and as natural new level for the new game.

I personally enjoyed BF far more than BFII it was more scoped and didn't distract with the level backgrounds, it was the perfect balance of visual and interaction.

And the decreased number of troopers on field really sucked the fun down.

I will do more later, but I have Christmas Dinner to cook.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Gen Shingar.
Zombie Fetty
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gen_Shingar wrote:
As for hero, I HATE how you have to play the hero in BFII It should be an option to have the CPU run the hero, powerful like in BF but not a god, to be able to lead and not only go as far as a player has.

It is an option. You can either set heroes to off before you start playing, or just don't spawn as hero in game.

Things are getting strange, I'm starting to worry,
This could be a case for Mulder and Scully
Gen_Shingar

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I know that. But it would be nice to have th option to play as hero OR have the CPU run the hero, as in BF I, not you use them or lose them kinda thing.
The Brain Eater
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love the option to purchase extra land vehicles that spawn during ground battles. That would be amazing. I also support the idea for more troops on the battlefield.

More battlefields on the same planet would be kewl too, like in BF I. I also they they should include more factions. Wouldn't a KOTOR BF be awesome? (I got that idea from a Youtube vid I saw where some guy modded his game to have the KOTOR characters--sorry, no link.)
Zombie_Fisto
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Brain wrote:
I would love the option to purchase extra land vehicles that spawn during ground battles.

That would be cool, but why would you purchase vehicles from your own army? And even if they weren't from your army that wouldn't make much sense during a battle. But if you moved your idea as an option for a fully revised Galactic Conquest mode, then I would be in full agreement. Smile

As for the KotOR thing. That would be awesome. Maybe like the Mandalorian Wars options to play as Mandalorians or the Republic. Heroes would be Jedi for Republic such as Revan and Malak ( Very Happy ). For the Mandalorians it would be Mandalore the Ultimate, Canderous Ordo, Cassus Fett, Rholan Dyre, and maybe even Demagol. But I'm dreaming again sadly. Sad

Vidzombie wrote:
/slurps up Kit's remaining mess.
The Brain Eater
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kit_Fisto wrote:
The Brain wrote:
I would love the option to purchase extra land vehicles that spawn during ground battles.

That would be cool, but why would you purchase vehicles from your own army? And even if they weren't from your army that wouldn't make much sense during a battle. But if you moved your idea as an option for a fully revised Galactic Conquest mode, then I would be in full agreement. Smile

As for the KotOR thing. That would be awesome. Maybe like the Mandalorian Wars options to play as Mandalorians or the Republic. Heroes would be Jedi for Republic such as Revan ( Very Happy ). For the Mandalorians it would be Mandalore the Ultimate, Canderous Ordo, Cassus Fett, and Rholan Dyre definately. But I'm dreaming again sadly. Sad

Galactic Conquest Mode was my intention--I think they should combine the best aspects from BF I and BF II GC Modes in BF III, if they're not already adding uber amazing stuff.

Neat idea about Mandalorians being in the battle--I was thinking more along the lines of Republic Troops vs. Sith Troopers.
Zombie_Fisto
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Brain wrote:
Neat idea about Mandalorians being in the battle--I was thinking more along the lines of Republic Troops vs. Sith Troopers.

Why not both! Very Happy

Vidzombie wrote:
/slurps up Kit's remaining mess.
The Brain Eater
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kit_Fisto wrote:
The Brain wrote:

Why not both! Very Happy

Problem solved. Very Happy
Star_wars_rules

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zombie Dragon wrote:
I only sorta skimmed through this topic, but a questions is raised in my head: Hasn't anyone played Renegade Squadron? I know, I know, it's only for the PSP, but it solves a lot of the big problems listed here, such as character customization, space heroes, and more space levels, along with more playable heroes, like Ackbar and Old Ben.

As for the topic on hand: what would I change about these games? Easy. More interior in the space levels. Something like a combination of the Death Star and Tantive IV levels with the ability to leave into space. Or perhaps just a Space Death Star level. That would be fine with me. Another thing that would be really cool is if you could enter or exit the orbit of a planet, combining ground and space levels. And I have an idea how this could work: Each faction would have a "parking garage CP" on the planet that's basically a holding pen for starfighters and transports, like the Yavin base in Ep. IV, or perhaps just an empty lot like the Bespin level in BFI. You could get into the starfighter and fly around the level, but when you flew up toward the space cruisers (which would be visible from the planet's surface), you could enter the space battle. Obviously this would be really difficult to accomplish, so I'm not holding my breath, but it would be a nice way to feature ground level starfighters, if nothing else.

Well with the next gen systems it wouldn't be an issue in regards to flying off into a space battle from the planet surface. It all depends on what they do in development.

It would be cool if the have either Rex or Cody as the trooper that you play as well.

The force is strong with this one......
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO/Star Wars Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: