FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

10188 Death Star
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Star Wars MOCs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BCspeed34

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Find a baseplate of whatever size. Take one of those 4x4 turntable bricks and place it in the center. Tile the rest of the baseplate. Make a platform out of plates and layer underside with bricks. Set on top of turntable. That should provide enough support and provide a fair amount of revolution.
monsterbrick

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great job!...very ambitous build. kudos to you.
ZombieFlynn
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I finished it.

After a couple months of no work, I sat down over Christmas break and built it using the instructions. Now, granted, it's not as impressive because I did use the aforementioned instructions, but I figured it's still an accomplishment, so here you go. Oh, my apologies for the pictures, I have an extremely sensitive camera, so I'll probably be pulling out my tripod and re-taking these.

The rest of the gallery can be found here.

I tried to use as little bright and garish colors as possible (ex. blues, greens, reds, yellows, etc.) and except for the superlaser, I think I did fairly well. Oh, and Mera_Bassil, I said I would keep a tab on how much I spent on this project, and I haven't actually bought any extra parts since that 10 dollar purchase, so basically, I got a 400 dollar playset for 10 bucks. Wink

Believe me, I was surpised I was able to finish it, I thought there was no way possible I could finish the third floor, but I was lucky to find that I could, with the help of one 8 x 8 plate and four 4 x 10 plates from the Dwarve's Mine (If you want to count that with the price, go ahead). Unfortunately, one little play feature had to be abandoned; the turbolasers on the tob can't move in unison like they should. Oh, well.

Unfortunately, this won't be staying up too long. This literally sapped my collection of blacks and greys completely dry, so it'll likely come down soon.

For my next SW MOC, I think I'm going to focus on a little ship that while I've often built the official 2000 version, I've never actually built it on my own. What is it? Well, you'll just have to wait and see. Wink

(Of course, there's a good chance this won't be my next MOC, per se, I have a good many WIPs to finish before I could start on this one. Ah, well.)

Last edited by ZombieFlynn on Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
DestructiveZombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well I must say, for the supplies you had, it turned out very well. Smile

DeviantART|Brickshelf
Jedd the Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is one of the true shows of determination that you guys put on when working on MOCs. I love the end result, it's a fairly good match to the real thing and something I'd never be able to do in my wildest dreams.

><>
logande

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In looking at the pictures on Brickshelf before getting to the end of the forum post, I thought, 'man he did all that w/o having the instructions?!', then I saw you actually did have instructions for the end. Great MOC anyway. I have the real and there is no way I'd have enought Legos to even attempt to do it. Any idea on what it cost you to do it? Last post you mentioned cost, it was about $100.

Nice job by the way.
ZombieFlynn
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

logande wrote:
Any idea on what it cost you to do it? Last post you mentioned cost, it was about $100.

Actually, I had said 10 dollars. The 10 dollar purchase was purely for the 6 x 12 wedge pates that make up the floors, as well as some other parts. Other than that, I didn't make any purchases. However, I was struggling for parts near the end, so I cannibalized my Dwarve's Mine for necessary bricks and plates. So if you count that as well, the cost would've been $70.00.

Thank you for the comments, everyone! Smile
chawan_cut

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here's my build pictures. took a pic almost after every step.

sorry, didn't realize some were blurry till it was too late.

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=365286
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Star Wars MOCs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: