FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

QuéLUG (and Daz Hoo) on TV!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dazombie
ZOMGpire!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:33 am    Post subject: QuéLUG (and Daz Hoo) on TV! Reply with quote

Last night, a French Canadian show called Infoman aired a piece about the LUG I'm involved in, QuéLUG.

You guys will probably not understand a word of what's being said, but if you want to see what I look and sound like in real life, just try to spot my real name (David) under a relatively big bearded guy :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aapq28Enen0

Enjoy!

Bricklink | Brickshelf | QuéLUG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Darth's Zombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tre Magnifique!

That was pretty cool. Even though I don't understand any of the mother tongue (French Canadian), I think I got the gist of it.

I especially loved the political short films made from Lego.

Somehow the entire hobby seems more fun in french. Wink
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I got parts of it being a French student, very interesting article actually. Nice to see some coverage in anything other than English.
ZombieDraykov
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe I could make out "Staerr Waerrs" et "LEGÓ Miyendstorems".
patientzombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was cool, even though I had no clue what was being said. The B-17 Flying Fortress that I saw in this piece was awesome.(or was it a B-29? It went by pretty quick.

The weirdest thing was; you look nothing like Snake Plissken in real life.
The Department of Redundancy Department
ImpairedZombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patientzombie wrote:
The B-17 Flying Fortress that I saw in this piece was awesome.(or was it a B-29? It went by pretty quick.

Where was that at?
Battle Zombie Alita
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

B-17, I believe. My youngest loved NXT Wally.
Where all the lego films from your group?
Is Natalie the army builder? All those tanks behind her.

Location: near Boston, MA Nerd Factor: Very High Annoyed: Yes

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, very amazing! I was able to understand the gist of it, and some of the words, but very different from Parisian French. Love the models of historical pictures!
RogueJedi007

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is cool. My french is terrible but I got the general idea of what was going on.

Daz how did you guys get that spot on TV? Did they come to your group?
Dazombie
ZOMGpire!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patientzombie wrote:
The B-17 Flying Fortress that I saw in this piece was awesome.(or was it a B-29? It went by pretty quick.

ImpairedZombie wrote:
Where was that at?

Battle Zombie Alita wrote:
Is Natalie the army builder? All those tanks behind her.

The B-17 and the tanks are actually the creations of one of our member, vincez01 (we were holding a meeting at his house the day of the filming). You can see all his creations by visiting his Brickshelf gallery.

Nathalie is more of a City/Town builder (which I'm sure disappoints BAA). The farm that you can see here is one of her creations.

Battle Zombie Alita wrote:
Where all the lego films from your group?

ZombieH3D1 wrote:
Love the models of historical pictures!

Well, as some of you well informed LEGO fans might have noticed, some of the pictures and films in this news piece are already well known by LEGO fans and obviously not from our group (I can assure you that the narration doesn't give us credit for those either, they are just there to illustrate what is said).

For instance, the whole segment before I appear on the screen, with the inauguration, the Obama video and the historical pictures, that's not from us. But the Wall- E is in fact from one of our members (bazmati), and it was actually selected by the head of marketing for LEGO Mindstorm, and it's on tour right now all over Europe in celebration of Mindstorm's 10th anniversary.

You can see the video's bazmati made about his Wall-E on Youtube.

RogueJedi007 wrote:
Daz how did you guys get that spot on TV? Did they come to your group?

Being a Canadian, surely you know the Rick Mercer Report. Well, Infoman is kind of the French Canadian version of that show.

They were the ones who approached us to do a piece on our club and on AFOLs (they contacted us by our website). At first, we were a little sceptic, since we didn't really want to be made fun of in front of nearly a million viewers. But since I work in public relations, I was able to forge a good relation with the researcher who contacted us, and I provided her with all the information she needed before they came and interviewed us. I also had prepared all of my fellow interviewees so they had answers to the questions being asked.

But I really gotta handed to the staff and crew of the show. The editing was amazing, and we're really glad and proud of the end result.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
dyip_90
Bus Boy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa. Awesome video. Congrats!

Who made the models of the Metro? (knowing me, you'd probably figured I would ask that)
Dazombie
ZOMGpire!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dyip_90 wrote:
Who made the models of the Metro? (knowing me, you'd probably figured I would ask that)

Martin (castorbricoleur on Brickshelf) is the one who built the metro station.

Martin was part of the now closed MonLUG and has recently joined our club, and we're really happy that he decided to do so.

copyrrrrr
Undead!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice!

I am happy you guys got featured. As has been said before, I didn't understand what was said, but I loved the segment.

Nice opportunity for you all!

Jeremy
BULLETIN ISSUED SATURDAY 01.31.2009 11:59:59PM PST. ATTENTION ALL CITIZENS: PLEASE READ THIS
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
ZombieSeptemris
ZOMGpire!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J'ai adoré ce reportage. Vous nous avez tellement bien représenté. J'ai été particulièrement impressioné par ton professionnalisme en entrevue.
Encore bravo David ! Cool
ZOMGpire!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Merci Bernard!

It was a lot of stress and work to organize, but I'm very proud of the final result.

We even got an email from a contact that we have at LEGO Canada, saying that she got lots of calls and emails from friends and family living in Quebec when they saw the broadcast.

djmangunz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was very well done. Nice to see AFOLs getting some public exposure. I really liked the shelves that the young lady made. Congrats.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: