FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ahsoka's Fate
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Star Wars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zombie Fetty
Undead!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why should every Jedi survive Order 66. It seems to me unless we saw them die on film, they survived.

The Brain wrote:
Master Fetty wrote:
In response to Tyrant, I'd always assumed that Anakin never met Dooku durning the Clone Wars. And that scene still worked. In fact, it has lost some of its effect now, due them meeting up all the time.

...the big epic lightsaber battle at the end of Ep. II ring any bells? Razz

That was kinda what the pragmatics of my statement was. Read it again and then read the quotes below - then it'll make sense.

Anakin's line 'My powers have doubled since we last met.' (and to a lesser extent Obi-Wan's 'This time we will do it together') worked great in reference to AOTC. This is a case of the EU pushing the movies out of the way.

I love the EU. LOVE IT. But I hate how it messes up things that have been said/happened in the movies AFTER the film has come out. I mean come on, can't we take what see on screen as fact and not have to twist it? I wish we were still in the days when the EU went with the films, adding a little background (Ord Mandell anyone?).

Things are getting strange, I'm starting to worry,
This could be a case for Mulder and Scully
The Brain Eater
Undead!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aah, I see now. Thanks for clarifying.
SW Fan Goosi

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Brain wrote:
the thrasher wrote:
Well, its a kids show, like you said, so sadly, they are going to probally dumb it down, alot. If it were going to be dark then I think it would have something to do with Palpatine, where Anakin is split between a chose, or trys saving her, but fails. And a foreshadowing to the Dark Side is shown in his anger. It would be brutal, maybe a death by Grievous.

That's an interesting thought, but if Grevious had done it, Anakin would be the one who wanted to hunt Grievous down in ROTS, not Obi-Wan.

As you may recaall, Anakin wanted to hunt down Grievous, but the Jedi Council sent Obi instead.

End creepy minifig faces!
SW Fan Goosi

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master Fetty wrote:
Why should every Jedi survive Order 66. It seems to me unless we saw them die on film, they survived.

The Brain wrote:
Master Fetty wrote:
In response to Tyrant, I'd always assumed that Anakin never met Dooku durning the Clone Wars. And that scene still worked. In fact, it has lost some of its effect now, due them meeting up all the time.

...the big epic lightsaber battle at the end of Ep. II ring any bells? Razz

He'll probably duel Dooku sometime in the story.

That was kinda what the pragmatics of my statement was. Read it again and then read the quotes below - then it'll make sense.

Anakin's line 'My powers have doubled since we last met.' (and to a lesser extent Obi-Wan's 'This time we will do it together') worked great in reference to AOTC. This is a case of the EU pushing the movies out of the way.

TK-425 wrote:
Don't get me wrong, I love everyones ideas! But these three stand out.

Master Fetty wrote:
I think the only (and best) way to do it would to have Asoka turn to the dark side. Before you start disproving the idea, just give me a second to explain. She's young. She's impressionable. Anakin's her master. But most important, think back to 'Cloak of Darkness'. About a quarter of the way through she THREATENS Gunray. And not in a way a Jedi would. Lucas can't do subtelty, so that would make sense.

This would then make her a bad guy and thus Anakin having to kill her would not only be cool, but would be allowed (good guy killing bad guy). This sets up some underlying confilct in ROTS and would explain why no one talks about her.

George probably not do this, but it is a very good idea, and would certainly explain her not being mentioned in Revenge of the Sith.

That's good and simple, and probably the most likely thing that Lucas will do.

dWhisper wrote:
She's going to be cut in half, killed, and both halves are going to be cloned into Ahsokaa and Annsoka, so George can continue to bend the franchise over the pinball machine and have his way with it in front of all the horrified fans.

Two figures sell better than one.

This one made me laugh. George Lucas will surely follow this story. (didn't the EU already do this with Darth Maul (almost))

And yes, two figures sell better than one. Laughing

Great responses everyone, keep them coming!

The EU bringing back Darth Maul is probably the worst choice in my opinion. Still, although the "Ahsoka turning evil" idea is interesting, I prefer death by Grievous and Anakin's inability to save her.

So far, the Clone Wars series has gone on a tangent from the movies, and this would be an interesting reference. So far, Anakin is too goody-goody in this series, not foreshadowing his dark future well enough.

By the way, the idea of her being cut in half is funny, and yes, two figures sell better than one, but Lucasfilm could also sell "Ahsokaa's Big Adventure" and "Annsoka's Big Adventure" books. Many people will want to buy both, and since LF makes a profit on every product (with very few exceptions like products for charities), LF would make a greater profit.

End creepy minifig faces!
Darth yoda
New Clone on the Block

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to see all four of grievous's sabers go through her at once!. Twisted Evil
The Brain Eater
Undead!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="SW Fan Goosi]As you may recaall, Anakin wanted to hunt down Grievous, but the Jedi Council sent Obi instead.[/quote]

Yeah, but that's only on a militaristic Anakin level, not the "I MUST GET REVENGE ON EVIL PEOPLE!" Anakin. He would've been more persistent otherwise.
Shinzon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SW Fan Goosi wrote:
As you may recaall, Anakin wanted to hunt down Grievous, but the Jedi Council sent Obi instead.

Actually, it was Palatine that requested Anakin leads the way to hunt down Grievous, Anakin did not suggest this himself
Zombieknight56
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pushing for a swift kill by Count Dooku. In Ep 2, it is stated by Count Dooku to Darth Sidious that their goal is to cross Anakin over the the darkside. So to me, it is obvious that Dooku will be the one to finish the job.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who is the jedi shown slain by Grevious in the ROTS DVD deleted scenes?
Firespray
Hyperactive

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inzane wrote:
Who is the jedi shown slain by Grevious in the ROTS DVD deleted scenes?

Shaak Ti but it's not canon.
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a slight modification on a previous theory...

The Clone Wars have established that Ahsoka is a bit impatient (it's a recurring theme lately). We will see her run ahead of the rest of the Jedi to battle Ventress. During the heat of the battle, Ahsoka will sacrifice herself just to take Ventress out (and somehow protect/save Anakin) further fueling his anger and pushing him even darker.
They won't show her die. It will be some sort of explosion or fall into a bottomless pit or something. This will also leave her fate a bit open ended as to whether she actually dies or survives the fall/bomb and goes into hiding. (This way there can be endless EU material on her if she proves to be popular after the series is done.)
But we will see Dooku laughing at her demise, or telling Anakin that it was all his bidding or something. This way he gets to be the target of Anakin's rage and a perfect set up to EP III.

So it's the "two birds with one stone" theory that will take both characters out of the plot line at the same time.
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So does that mean we'll finally get to see her like this?

HOLY CRAP HUGE IMAGE REMOVED BY COLLIN.

Please use links from now on. Thank you.

Join the Clone Army Builders Guild, and pay your fair share! I do! (when they make me)
Zombie Fetty
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the theory, except we've seen Ventress defeated and leave the war.

Things are getting strange, I'm starting to worry,
This could be a case for Mulder and Scully
The Brain Eater
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe we can leave this idea but subtract the "sacrifices herself to kill Ventress" part--maybe just to save someone else?
Zombie_Fisto
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Brain Eater wrote:
Maybe we can leave this idea but subtract the "sacrifices herself to kill Ventress" part--maybe just to save someone else?

I'd agree with that one. I think she'll get killed saving Anakin, some way or another.

Vidzombie wrote:
/slurps up Kit's remaining mess.
Groovybones

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am i the only one that noticed that in the clone wars movie there was a conversation along these lines:

Obi: do you think Anakin is ready to have a padawan
Yoda: yes, but will he be ready to lose her

methinks theres some mass jedi conspiriasy here

My Flickr
wait, your human, I'm human, BEST FRIENDS!
Jedd the Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think she gets violently skewered on a lightsaber by her former master. And interesting point Groovybones, but I don't think that refers to Ahsoka being killed off, but rather Anakin's tendency for attachment.

><>
Thadiator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a feeling that the Jedi will take Ashoka away from Anakin, due to some reason and send her back to the Jedi Temple for training. Then Anakin, now Vader kills Ashoka in Operation Knightfall, making his turn to the darkside complete.

Just an idea. Smile
Zom-9
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That makes sense to me. That or like everyone else said she could be killed off trying to save Anakin. Its funny how everyone hopes shes going to get a very violent death.

Brickshelf "You ponce in here expecting to be waited on hand and foot, well I'm trying to run a hotel here!"
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Star Wars All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: