FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Stargate, purist style. I promise.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Minifig MOCs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JPCJedi

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:51 pm    Post subject: Stargate, purist style. I promise. Reply with quote

Gallery when public.

Okay, so there is one decal. I could have gotten away with using the old Mace Windu for a Teal'c-with-hair purist version, but I had the decal'd minifig sitting around.

I will also note that I've included Little Armory robot blaster, which I'm not allowed to mention on BrickArms forums. I think it fits SG-1 better than BA Space Assault Rifles.
ZombieSolo
... eats you all. [zMOD]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YOU LIED TO ME!
RebelZombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:17 am    Post subject: Re: Stargate, purist style. I promise. Reply with quote

JPCJedi wrote:

I will also note that I've included Little Armory robot blaster, which I'm not allowed to mention on BrickArms forums.

Why are you not allowed to mention it? Just curious.
maggosh
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:13 am    Post subject: Re: Stargate, purist style. I promise. Reply with quote

RebelRock wrote:
JPCJedi wrote:

I will also note that I've included Little Armory robot blaster, which I'm not allowed to mention on BrickArms forums.

JPCJedi wrote:

JPCJedi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:37 am    Post subject: Re: Stargate, purist style. I promise. Reply with quote

RebelRock wrote:
Maybe Badger will find this and comment, but Will has a rule on the forums that, while you may include non-BrickArms products in pictures, you can't mention the name of the manufacturer. So I'm not allowed to say the word "Little Armory" or "BrickForge" over there.

I'm not fond of the rule, but anyway, I wanted to show that the robot blaster is a good stand-in for the P90 machine gun.
the enigma that is zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Stargate, purist style. I promise. Reply with quote

RebelRock wrote:

JPCJedi wrote:
Maybe Badger will find this and comment.

While Will and all other BrickArms staff appreciates the efforts of the entire custom accessory community and wishes nothing but their continued success, it is the desire of Will Chapman to keep the focus of the BrickArms Forums appropriately focused solely on BrickArms and its products. In keeping with this aim, while individual are welcome to share their MOCs that feature both BrickArms accessories and those of other custom vendors (as I myself do in my building) on the BrickArms Forums, specifically naming and/or linking to other custom accessory vendors would constitute advertising of a business not directly affiliated with BrickArms, a violation of the rules of the BrickArms Forums.

This was not originally the policy of the BrickArms Forums, but unfortunately, several individuals attempt to make posts were solely meant to serve as advertisements of other businesses, and given this situation, Will was forced to institute the policies that are now in place.

I hope this better explains the rationale for the policies of the BrickArms Forums regarding this issue.

As for the Little Armory Robot Blaster working as a P90, it's not bad, but it's missing more than a few key details that would make it more P90-ish. I think there's still a definite niche to be filled when it comes to a P90-influenced minifig compatible PDW Wink

badger
ZombieSolo
... eats you all. [zMOD]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I remember Will talking at BrickCon about this particular weapon being rather challenging for minifigs... might have been another similar one though.
the enigma that is zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZombieSolo wrote:
I think I remember Will talking at BrickCon about this particular weapon being rather challenging for minifigs... might have been another similar one though.

Pretty much everything with a pronounced bull-pup style design is anathema to being translated into an accurate minifig accessory.

That said, a P90 influenced item wouldn't be at all hard

badger
JPCJedi

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, P90-influenced. The Little Armory robot blaster was the gun that first convinced me that a P90-like design could fit, since the robot blaster has most of its detail on top.

Since I brought it up and I don't want to start a separate thread, it's worth mentioning the P90 mockups discussed on BrickArms forums:

This one belongs to Badger, and I hope (and voted in support that) one day Will will make it a BrickArm.

Stargate minifigs are a natural use for BrickArms, and the signature Stargate gun no longer poses design issues for becoming a BrickArm.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Minifig MOCs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: