FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Batman
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KH3D

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 2:17 pm    Post subject: Found - 7888 The Tumbler: Joker's Ice Cream Surprise Reply with quote

7888 The Tumbler: Joker's Ice Cream Surprise - $44.98

Found at the El Dorado and I-45S Wal-Mart in Friendswood TX.

They also had 7885 and 7886. Didn't notice if they had 7884.

Just noticed, there is no 7887. Maybe a secret set we haven't heard about yet?
ZombieGIR
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw all the new Batman sets on Sunday at Walmart. The Tumbler sure is tempting.
KH3D

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have to think about writing full reviews for the new sets. Never done that before. I will make a few comments though.

First, I like the new sets, especially the Tumbler. The thing is a beast and looks amazing. I was glad to see they went with a 6-wheel and 2-seat design. This thing doesn't feel scaled-down at all. The Batcycle and Harley's truck are also nice hefty designs.

Second, I like the new pieces. Harley's jester hat is great (hard plastic, not rubber). I'm sure we'll be seeing some Castle theme jesters soon. There's an exhaust manifold/header piece I've never seen before in both 7884 and 7886. And, I think the transparent neon green ice cream bars in 7888 are a nice little touch.

Third, I like the new Dark Knight deco for the Batman minifigs. Very detailed without going overboard, and I think it's interesting that they went with a dark gray body with black paint, rather than a black body with light gray paint. It's also great to see a character we didn't get last time. Seeing as how it's Harley, it's even more of a bonus since it meant LEGO creating a new piece in the form of her hat.

Finally, and this isn't so much criticism as personal taste...

I didn't care for Batman's and Mr. Freeze's buggies. I'm sure this is like what happened with the Star Wars mini sets, where they can't release minifigs by themselves without getting grief from the company with the action figure license, but I would have much rather seen a larger, more complex set in the $15-20 range or a $10 set with accessories other than vehicles, maybe something like the animated Batman vs. Mr. Freeze movie where Freeze has a polar bear and some ice landscaping (I always want more sets with animals anyway).

Also, I know these sets are inspired by Batman Begins and Dark Knight, but I liked how each Batman minifig in the last series reflected a different costume. I hope this line continues and the next group goes back to this, and gives us some new characters too, like Azrael, Clayface, etc.

In the words of Dennis Miller, "That's just my opinion, and I could be wrong."
ufjason

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found all the new batman sets at a WM in Charlotte NC. I was tempted to get them and throw them up on ebay to see what would happen but I'm here for work and didn't want to have to lug them back just to have to ship them later.
PIG

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw all the new Batman sets at the Toys R Us Times square today.

I was real tempted to pick up the Tumbler set.

$54 bucks though (Thats high dude)

I did like the fact that the minfig version of Batman has him in the Dark Knight movie outfit.

The batbike in the one set looks cool but that set was also one overpriced and that 4X4 truck is corny.
PIG

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't resist.

Got the Tumbler and the Harley Hammer Truck.

I built the Bat Cycle and I really like.

One of my favorite lego models I have built to date.
batsamd

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, not sure how accurate my feeling is, but on the "Products" page on LEGO.com, the Batman theme has been pushed to Page 2.

To me that seems to be the page themes go to in order to quietly fade away.

Lately it seems a lot of people have been saying the Batman theme is dead, and I was trying to stay optimistic since Batman seems to be a Summer theme, but this is giving me a bad feeling.

Noticed Mars Mission is on there as well, so maybe that means that line will be on the chopping block soon, too.
ZombieDraykov
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I wouldn't put too much stock in a cosmetic change like this, but Batman has kind of bucked the trend as far as LEGO themes are concerned. One thing I can say with relative certainty: if Batman sticks around, don't expect any new waves of product to last longer than 8 months at a time at retail. So far the Batman theme makes Creator look like Rip Van Winkle in terms of life-span.
Zombieknight56
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is that TLG is putting too much emphasis on Bat vehicles. Now they feel they've run out of options, which in my opinion is just stupid.

I think all of us would agree that a villian hideout set would be very much appreciated.

Also, TLG could put more emphasis on vehicles for Robin, and while they are at it, introduce a Batgirl figure.

The fact of the matter is we need fewer Bat vehicles, and more Villian based sets.
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I apologize for this double post, but I thought it'd be the best way for me to get the word out on some info I gained last night.

I was trying to find a Lego Store anywhere in the U.S. which still had #7888 The Tumbler available. Let me tell you, I didn't find it, so right now, Bricklink is appearing to be my best option, despite having to pay $25 extra.

But here is the key thing I have to say. I called the Lego Store located in Mall of America. When an employee answered, I told her I was looking for a Lego Batman set. Before, I could say anymore, she informed me the Lego Batman had been discontinued.

Sorry guys, but this does hold some proof, since we are seeing sets disappear off shelves and haven't heard anything about 09.
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

enchantedknight56 wrote:

Sorry guys, but this does hold some proof, since we are seeing sets disappear off shelves and haven't heard anything about 09.

Evidence, not proof. And I wouldn't put too much stock in anything a retail employee says, especially this time of year. Nothing against folks that work retail, just saying that they don't exactly have their finger on the pulse of the toy industry, even if it is a LEGO store. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised about the direction the line took either way...it might fold and it might continue.
Bertramtalespinner

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That SET might be, but maybe not the line. Fast for the Tumbler to be sold out though it seems.
Zombieknight56
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my opinion, I think it is just Batman that is done. I'm not entirely sure though if the DC contract was just for Batman or for the entire DC comic Hero collection.

It seems dumb for them to end the contract when they still have Superman available, or perhaps even a Justic League series.

Bertram, she told me that Batman in general (not the set alone) had been discontinued. I never had a chance to tell her what set I was looking for, so she wouldn't have been able to tell me that The Tumble alone had been discontinued.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The license was for Batman only, from any incarnation, such as cartoons, movies or comics.

I, for one, am glad it didn't include the entire DCU. If they can't make Batman work, with all his vehicles, what are they going to do with Superman or Green Lantern?

Guess a GL set could be the minifigure with a trans-green bubble the fig sits in for a shield.

If Batman is cancelled, it would be bitter/sweet. Sad to see my favorite Superhero go bust after 2.5 waves, but my wallet won't be.

Guess the only thing now to do is wait next summer gets closer to see if any new info becomes available.

Would like to see Robin get a land vehicle for once. Smile
Zombieknight56
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it should have been DCU altogether, not just Batman alone.

1-2 sets per hero, each set with one villian of that hero. It would be like making a Justice League and a Legion of Doom.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I'm not mistaken, DC sells their licenses in three chunks: Superman, Batman and DCU.
"You'll thank me when you share my politics!"
Zombieknight56
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you giving us clues, Greg? Or is just are you just saying?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm mostly just saying.

I will say this, though (and I hope I don't get in trouble for this), but I did get to see the original Batman proposal given to DC and Warner Brothers way back (and I did do some comics based on those early prototypes), and LEGO did include Superman in one of the sets, thinking he's fair game, and they were told that they couldn't use Superman unless they bought that particular licence.
"You'll thank me when you share my politics!"
Zombieknight56
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I'm assuming they didn't, huh?

Thats a shame. I'd love a Brainiac and Metallo fig.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy crap are these things skyrocketing on eBay! Makes me want to sell them for that kind of money! I wonder what the deal is, the video game generating interest?
DekeStarkiller

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question, is there a way to tell how many bags a specific set is supposed to have in a box to insure it is complete? I need to know how many Arkham Asylum and the Batcave have. Thanks!
ufjason

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best way to find out is to weight the set with box if you have two and compare. If it's a small difference, look at the box material. Some boxes weigh more than others. You can also go to the customer service portion of the lego website and see if you can download the instructions. If the set has numbered bags, it will show you how many in the manual.
batsamd

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure why TLG never announces when I line ends, it appears LegionsOfGotham.org got confirmation that the Batman line is dead. Sad

At least I got all the sets.
thrasher zombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never collected any Batman sets, so this doesn't really bother me. But look at it this way. Now that Batman is done, LEGO might be looking for a new licensed theme to take its place. So we can always look forward to that.
Zombie Fetty
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blame the Dark Knight. A huge film would kill any comic merchandise.

Things are getting strange, I'm starting to worry,
This could be a case for Mulder and Scully
twentythree

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DekeStarkiller wrote:
Holy crap are these things skyrocketing on eBay!

I just noticed that too! I was browsing Bricklink and about fell out of my chair. When I checked Ebay it had me shocked. Shocked These things are selling like Hoth Rebel Bases. And its not just the big sets either. The small ones are commanding $30-40. I had bought 4 of set number 7781 "The Batmobile: Two Face's Escape and have had them sitting in a closet for quite some time now. Knowing that most lines end at some point, I went ahead and set them aside figuring they'd increase over the years. I hadn't expected it to be finished this soon though. I guess my speculative intuition is better than Wall Street's. Smile
The Jinja Ninja wrote: The extended edition includes those scenes (which were replaced with the boulder sequence in the Raiders we know and love) as well as some revisions to the rest of the movie including 'Belloq shot first'
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27
Page 27 of 27
Jump to: