FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Does these sets have new or old colored grays?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LD

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 2:18 pm    Post subject: Does these sets have new or old colored grays? Reply with quote

I can't get LEGO to answer if the following sets are with the old gray and dark gray bricks or the new blueish shades of the same colors.

The sets are:
10115 "Jumper Bricks" http://shop.lego.com/product.asp?p=10115&cn=98&d=18&t=7
10151 "Hot Rod" http://shop.lego.com/product.asp?p=10151&cn=57&d=14&t=7
10148 "Grey Plates" http://shop.lego.com/product.asp?p=10148&cn=136&d=19&t=7

I would like answer for each of the new sets. Do they have the old kind of gray or new kind of gray bricks?
I am well aware that they have both gray and dark gray bricks. I want to know about the shades of them because I will not buy them with the new colors since they don't fit into my collection.
bluemoose
Scientist at Play [VET]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tell you what, why don't you go check for yourself, over at Peeron ? Razz

www.peeron.com

If it says "gray" it's one of the old grays; if it says "stone" it's one of the new grays.

Easy !

Ian.
Padawan716
The Comeback Kid

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The easiest thing to do is just assume that they have the new grey if you can't tell otherwise.

The Hot Rod: Most likely (it was made in 2004, IIRC)
The Light Grey Plates: You only need to look at the description: "Expand your creation with this special set of light grey plates! These elements have been produced in the 2003 color scheme."
Jumper Bricks: Well, the images show old grey... but to be safe you should assume they're new grey since it doesn't have the "2003 color scheme" warning.

One way to tell if it's old or new grey is: Was the set released in 2003 and before (not counting early 2004 releases that showed up in winter 2003)? If so, then it's old grey. Anything from 2004 onward is the new "bley".

Of course, you can always buy all 3 and send the grey to me if it's the new kind Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
LD

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies. I didn't know you could see it on Peeron.

Well. It says "MdStone" for various of the bricks on the Hot Rod which would had been my main purchase (I would have bought two of them for spare parts), but since that apparently is the new kind of gray (I really hoped it wasn't), I will skip my order.

Not even the 'old' sets are in the real colors. I guess I have made my last order at LEGO and must just stay with the bricks that I already have Crying or Very sad

The new colors make my current gray and dark gray bricks look off colored when mixed. Did LEGO really expect everyone to completely renew their collections?
Padawan716
The Comeback Kid

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No... I'm not renewing my collection, I'm starting a new one to use in conjunction with the old colors.

It isn't that big of a problem for me since I've got a relatively small collection of grey/dark grey/brown (compared to some insane people with 100,000+ piece collections.. mine is 1/5 that size). If they had changed white or black, I would've been !*#(&)!.

You can check out Lego Pick-A-Brick. It seems they're dumping all their old grey there. I was hoping for some new grey arches, but they were old dark grey instead. If bricks, fences and arches are what you crave, check 'em out.

Check out some of the other stuff at Lego.com, they probably have several sets with old grey (chamber of secrets HP sets, some Episode 2 stuff, the grey parts-pack known only as... the STAR DESTROYER!!!, waves 1-2 of the MINIs)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: