FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

UCS Millenium Falcon vs / combined with Hasbro's new MF??

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Star Wars MOCs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
etcknight

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:04 am    Post subject: UCS Millenium Falcon vs / combined with Hasbro's new MF?? Reply with quote

Hi all,

Does someone who's a bigger Lego and SW fan than me, have both the Lego UCS MF, and the new Hasbro MF? I was wondering what the comparison in scale is? I'm considering buying the new Hasbro MF, and cannibalizing the electronics, lights, and sounds, and installing them into the Lego UCS. Most importantly, I'm interested in the engine lights and whether they will fit in scale with the Lego version. If anyone can help out with pics, I'd truly appreciate it. Thanks!!

(Yes, I know this is an expensive proposition. Hopefully 50% off at Target soon!) Cool

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might be cheaper to go to an electronic hobby shop and look for parts/effects that get the same effect. No need to destroy a toy. You may also consider an MP3 player for the SE and it's more compact as well. the lights could be a few blue diodes in a reflective hall using foil.
-S-
Gumby

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On pages 38-39 of the UCS Millenium Falcon thread, chawan_cut describes how he added LED lights for the engine. Has a lot of pictures too!
etcknight

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the ideas. I think you guys are missing the point though. I want to combine the ultimate Hasbro MF with the ultimate Lego MF to get the best ultimate!! Cool That way it'd have the lights and sounds of Hasbro, with the coolness of Lego.

Now that I'm working regularly though, I'm starting to realize the cost of working regularly, is that I'm going to have more money, but I'm going to miss out on the markdown days. Which means, I might have to buy stuff at full price - unless someone else has an extra Hasbro MF they found at 50-75% off they're willing to sell me. Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have both and, if you want, can post apic in a day or 2!

LMK, Jamie
kevblee

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw a photo someplace awhile back...and they were pretty much the same size side by side. I have not built my UCS Falcon yet....and have not opened my Hasbro one yet either......wow, what the heck have I been doing? Rolling Eyes
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Star Wars MOCs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: