FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lego Star Wars - Editing Questions

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO/Star Wars Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gen_Shingar

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:37 pm    Post subject: Lego Star Wars - Editing Questions Reply with quote

Hello, I have read all the old threads about editing/modding LSW and have a few questions. (I have had these questions for MONTHS but was unable to register to ask, if they have been answered before please link me to the answers)

1. Have the .hgp files ever been broken down and more than .dds extraction?

2. In one of the old posts (I will find and insert link) someone said they could create a MOD installer to easily turn edits on/off without file over-right, has this been completed?

3. Has a 3D model display been created/found for more detailed editing of the skins/.dds files?

I have more but have to run, I would appreaciate any help anyone can provide me.

Thank You,
Gen. Shingar
jp-30

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. No, only dds extraction, though the demo of LSW uses external txt files for speed, powers etc. These demo characters, with modded attributes can be inserted into the full game.

2. The mod installer was never made.

3. No.

Also, I don't know of anyone who has modded LEGO Indy or Batman, but I'm sure the exact same principles apply as for LEGO Star Wars modding. You may also be able to do the character swapping thing that allowed Zam Wessel and others to appear in LSW1 to get Indy or Batman Characters into LSW1.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I was thinking, if we were able to get the source files from LSW: Complete Saga, then we could find the corresponding files to make the "removed" files useable, zam, speeders, ect since we would then have functioning animation and models we could intergrate them into the LSW files and then have a more expanded LSW..... also could swap some files and get Jedi to use firing spots too.... I did like that improvement, :D
Zombie Fetty
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You COULD. If TCS was available on PC.

Things are getting strange, I'm starting to worry,
This could be a case for Mulder and Scully
Gen_Shingar

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, there is another way, but I dont know if your allowed to talk about emu/roms here... or torrented info from the discs.... so i wont
ZombieFlynn
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROMs and emulators aren't illegal IF you have the game on hand*, if I heard correctly**, so I think it's fine to talk about them here.

*For instance, if I wanted to play LOZ II on my NES, but it had a 10NES lockout chip malfunction and kept bleeping on and off and I didn't know how to fix it, then it would be legal to download JNES and play it on the emulator provided that I owned the actual cartridge (And the console as well, though I'm not positive on that).

**I heard from another source that even if you had the game, it's still technically illegal, though you probably wouldn't get in any trouble. I wasn't entirely sure if the source was accurate, but I'll have to look into the whole matter a bit more.
Gen_Shingar

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, be that the case, and I wouldn't get in trouble, then you should be a ble to , in theory anyhow have the LSW for PC, and (Granting you own them for system) get the Wii rom of the Complete Saga, break the files down and offset data from one to the other...

Foe example, knowing Zam is in the game, but without proper animation and programming to be selectable from character selection screen, get the animation files from the LSW: TCS move them to the PC folder for Zam's character, open the files from both games, and change the PC version to match the TCS version, and SHOULD have Zam selectable in the PC LSW game.

Then, you should be able to do the same thing with Dexter, Watto, Nass, ect, ect.

Then following the same method, you should be able to create characters and add them to the game in the same way of adding new icons, sounds, re-skinned model and whatnot.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO/Star Wars Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: